Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Speaking of colors and setups, I had always thought while watching the traditional or cliche dramas, "Oh please, not everybody has an apartment that cute!"

So when I saw tvN's Flower Boy Band for the first time, (it was my first of tvN dramas) I was shocked at what they were wearing and what their apartments looked like. Finally, people who wear black trench coats! No pinks, no yellows, etc.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm watching The Virus but not yet up to date. A thriller right from the beginning. I checked that series because of the main lead Uhm Ki Joon. Looking at how awesome he was on Dream High and Ghost, his play here is yet a different character from previous drama and I think he did well. The series itself is somehow similar to Bloody Monday. Lookin forward to see more.
    Well, Uhm Ki Joon is an amazing actor that has no chance, in most cases, to get a main role since he is not as handsome as other actors but since OCN does not "succumb" to the usual drama stereotypes, he got a chance this time. I have not watched The Virus yet but i plan to, though i have to keep up with other series first that i have neglected, especially Winter and Ad Genius.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright! I'm watching 100 Years' Inheritance on ViKi.. There's 1% of subtitles missing so I'm trying to track it down and see if I know what it means to translate it. I wonder if this drama is a daily drama? It feels that way because the story movies so slowly.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its a sat/Sunday one. Going for 50 episodes.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/04/pa...n-ho-in-heirs/

dies of excitement.

/finishing That Winter the Wind Blows. Crying my eyes out, even if I don't totally like the drama, dammit.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

-____________________________-

what was up with the ending?

I'm not going to post my specific reactions because this isn't the thread for it, lol. 6/10. Man, despite my feelings for K2H, I liked that drama better than this one.

doesn't change the fact that I cried countless times.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee Min Ho looks gorgeous in the poster as usual. Still can't finish Personal Taste yet. I hope I'll be ready in time for Heirs! <3

And have you heard that there will be a season 2 of Reply 1997? Not with the same cast probably, though.

And please someone tell me that he/she is also watching Gu Family Book, the new drama by Seung Gi-oppa and Suzy. Need someone to discuss it with~
    Last edited by phio_chan; April 09, 2013 at 03:52 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Lee Min Ho looks gorgeous in the poster as usual. Still can't finish Personal Taste yet. I hope I'll be ready in time for Heirs! <3
    lol Heirs is this autumn, so it's still far away.

I finished Personal taste but half-heartedly. So sad the direction and writing went awry in the last episodes. ..>.< Can't wait for Heirs where they say it's been tailor-made to fit Lee Min Ho... He needs to have an awesome drama since the disappointment of critics by Faith.

hmm... we'll see about that...

tvN's flower Boy Next Door was a big disappointment for me. Build Up was awesome, but just fell short in the later episodes. It had so much potential and I liked the lead characters but it just went flat and weird.

Quote Quote:
    And please someone tell me that he/she is also watching Gu Family Book, the new drama by Seung Gi-oppa and Suzy. Need someone to discuss it with~
    Eep Lee Seung Gi!

Buuuut I'm still finishing Hana Yori Dango (Jdrama). Yep, so old school, but Jun Matsumoto rocks, Domyouji as a character rocks, Hana Yori Dango as a story rocks. So... I'm never gonna get tired of this franchise. haha.

---------- Post added April 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2013 at 11:59 PM ----------

here's more info on Reply 1997 2nd season:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/04/an...ut-basketball/

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

if it's about Basketball and not Slam Dunk, then I think I'll probably have a hard time relating to that... more specifically if it's in homage to a 94 basketball drama.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I'm not sure about the basketball thing either. The first season was not specific about one certain thing, and that's what's good about it, IMO. I guess I'll still check it out for the sake of first season, hopefully it won't be disappointing.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

heh, looking at Lee Seung Gi's stills of his new drama Gu Family Book... he looks awesome almost makes me want to watch iiiiiit

and more news about Heirs- Jung Yong Hwa cast as the secondary role
    http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/04/ju...ain-seriously/

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Started watching 3 new dramas: All about my romance, Nine and TEN 2. All are recommendable.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    heh, looking at Lee Seung Gi's stills of his new drama Gu Family Book... he looks awesome almost makes me want to watch iiiiiit

and more news about Heirs- Jung Yong Hwa cast as the secondary role
    http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/04/ju...ain-seriously/
    Really? As Seung Gi-oppa's fan I still have to adjust to his new look yet again, like when I was surprised he cut his hair so short for K2H. :P Just on episode 3, can't wait to see how this is going to be shown! From reading on Seung Gi-oppa's fan's blog, MBC advertised the series quite hard, going as much as writing a page of why-you-must-watch-GFB in English.

I hope you'll watch it soon too, baboysai~

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Started watching 3 new dramas: All about my romance, Nine and TEN 2. All are recommendable.
    TEN looks so yummy. I'm always in mood for detective stories even if I'm slow and can't guess the culprits to make things more fun. Planning to check them out as soon as I can. Have you seen the first season?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? As Seung Gi-oppa's fan I still have to adjust to his new look yet again, like when I was surprised he cut his hair so short for K2H. :P Just on episode 3, can't wait to see how this is going to be shown! From reading on Seung Gi-oppa's fan's blog, MBC advertised the series quite hard, going as much as writing a page of why-you-must-watch-GFB in English.

I hope you'll watch it soon too, baboysai~

TEN looks so yummy. I'm always in mood for detective stories even if I'm slow and can't guess the culprits to make things more fun. Planning to check them out as soon as I can. Have you seen the first season?
    Yep, it was rather creative for K-dramas. It had a "Film-Noir" atmosphere with one of the most thrilling cases i have seen, not only in Asian dramas but in crime series in general. Furthermore, the 4 main characters are all likeable in their own respect.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't watch it yet, it's still 3 eps in... and the first two, Seung-gi ain't in it so...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I can't watch it yet, it's still 3 eps in... and the first two, Seung-gi ain't in it so...
    Are you waiting for the series to end before starting it? Yeah, the first two episodes are dedicated to his parents. From episode 3 onwards, it's all his and Suzy's time.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh. I'm at ep 3 of Gu Family Book right now.

AWESOME FIRST THREE EPISODES! 10/10!!!

New Reply
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast