Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 487

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

  1. #211
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Heh. I'm at ep 3 of Gu Family Book right now.

    AWESOME FIRST THREE EPISODES! 10/10!!!
    I'm at episode 6.

    SUPER AWESOMENESS OVERLOAD ASDFGHHHJKK 10/10!!

    I'm really looking forward to how things will be twisted and solved from now on.

    Spoiler show

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #212
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    yeah I caught up with it up to 5 am earlier today. -_- I must say, I didn't like this Suzy when I watched the trailer, but now I find her very pretty.

    And I never thought Lee Seung Gi would be worth calling "OPPA" but everytime he comes up on screen I just go fangirl mode haha. I mean, sure I admire his acting ever since the Girlfriend is a Gumiho and the K2H. But this time I think he's earning his right to be "dreamy"

    and that's because of Chung Jo. I love her. and she has this classic beauty that grows on me episode by episode too. eeeek. which pairing should I support?

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #213
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    yeah I caught up with it up to 5 am earlier today. -_- I must say, I didn't like this Suzy when I watched the trailer, but now I find her very pretty.

    And I never thought Lee Seung Gi would be worth calling "OPPA" but everytime he comes up on screen I just go fangirl mode haha. I mean, sure I admire his acting ever since the Girlfriend is a Gumiho and the K2H. But this time I think he's earning his right to be "dreamy"

    and that's because of Chung Jo. I love her. and she has this classic beauty that grows on me episode by episode too. eeeek. which pairing should I support?
    LOL. You sound exactly like my friend who recently turned into an Airen (term for Seung Gi's fans). Barely any reason to be a fan, muahaha~ But I do like him as Kang Chi. Although so far the character is more a bad-but-actually-kind boy, I'm looking forward to more changes in himself. Seung Gi always managed to deliver such character in a strong and awesome way so I can't wait for it!

    Chung Jo is elegant I agree, though from the summary of the series I'm not sure what she'll change into. >_< Yeo Wol on the other side is not so interesting up to this point, honestly, since we only see her as independent and strong and pretty, but can't see more of her personality.

  6. #214
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    @ Phio-chan and Baboysai: Is this the drama you girls are watching? Because if it is then you guys have totally made me want to check that K-drama out. Now he is the fox!!!

    I’m currently watching Skip Beat but as soon as I’m done watching SB, I’ll start watching GFB…or maybe I should try to watch both SB and GFB at the same time…

    Well I'll decided that ^ later, as I said, I’m currently watching Skip Beat - the T-drama - and I have been enjoying watching a lot! The female lead is hilarious! Her facial expression are so funny. I don’t dislike the actors who play Ren and Sho, but I haven’t become a big fan of their acting or of them yet. However, they are slowly but surely growing on me. ^_^
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #215
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Makati City
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    13,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Yes, Gu Family Book.

    you can totally watch a bit later if you like, you can try and wait out until the end of the run so the episodes are complete.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #216
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Yes, that's the series, des-chan. As you said, now it's Seung Gi's turn to be the fox after having a girlfriend who is a fox!

    As a fan of the drama and an Airen ( = fans of Lee Seung Gi ) I'd recommend you to watch GFB together with SB, lol. They're both at different level so you won't have trouble enjoying both. And since GFB is getting awesome~~

    The adaptation of Skip Beat! wasn't bad, but nothing special either. Sometimes I found the female lead annoying, but I realized that Kyouko was sometimes annoying indeed. Maybe the acting didn't really come through because Ren and Shou were played by Korean actors despite the drama being a Chinese one, but yeah. At least Si Won and Dong Hae are pretty handsome, haha~

  11. #217
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    You guys need to watch A 100 Years inhertience with Eugine and Nine with ah.... someone lol
    2 of my favorites this year.


  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #218
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You guys need to watch A 100 Years inhertience with Eugine and Nine with ah.... someone lol
    2 of my favorites this year.
    I already have three titles on my to-watch list and combined with manga and anime list I just can't add more, haha~ And I'm already planning to watch TEN after I clear up my list a bit. >__< But I'll remember to check them out. Nine seems to have quite a good response from viewers even though it's not really my thing (involves time travel, right?).

  14. #219
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Yup yup - it has kept up the suspense for me on virtually every episode. Which is kind of rare in all the dramas I watched through the years.
    Must watch imo.

    Cancel your whole list of watching and get on this one.


  15. #220
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yup yup - it has kept up the suspense for me on virtually every episode. Which is kind of rare in all the dramas I watched through the years.
    Must watch imo.

    Cancel your whole list of watching and get on this one.
    How far are you with the episodes?

  16. #221
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    9 caught up

    Spoiler: OMO OMO LAST EPISODE show


  17. #222
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    2,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    9 caught up

    Spoiler: OMO OMO LAST EPISODE show
    You mean already at episode 18?`Then i must keep up, i am still stuck at 14

  18. #223
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You mean already at episode 18?`Then i must keep up, i am still stuck at 14
    EEEEH

    I started the series after your rec .


  19. #224
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Yes, Gu Family Book.
    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Yes, that's the series, des-chan. As you said, now it's Seung Gi's turn to be the fox after having a girlfriend who is a fox!
    Thanks for answering my question! I loved LSK in “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” so I can’t wait to see him in this new K-drama.

    Quote Quote:
    As a fan of the drama and an Airen ( = fans of Lee Seung Gi )
    Who is Airen?

    Quote Quote:
    I'd recommend you to watch GFB together with SB, lol. They're both at different level so you won't have trouble enjoying both. And since GFB is getting awesome~~
    Thank you so much for your recommendation, phio-chan!
    I followed your advice and watched GFB and I love it!! I watched the first two episodes and I’m already sold on this series! I’m enjoying watching GFB more than watching SB, so I’m putting SB on hold and I’m going to catch up with GFB.

    Quote Quote:
    The adaptation of Skip Beat! wasn't bad, but nothing special either. Sometimes I found the female lead annoying, but I realized that Kyouko was sometimes annoying indeed.
    I’ve only watched the first 3 episodes and so far Kyoko hasn’t annoyed me, instead I have found her quite hilarious.

    Quote Quote:
    Maybe the acting didn't really come through because Ren and Shou were played by Korean actors despite the drama being a Chinese one, but yeah. At least Si Won and Dong Hae are pretty handsome, haha~
    Mmm…yes, I heard about that and I really wonder why they didn’t pick some T-actors for SB, I mean there are some T-actors that are very talented and very handsome as well and that could have done a good (or great) job playing Ren and Shou, respectively.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; May 09, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

  20. #225
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Asian Drama Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Who is Airen?
    des-chan, that's why I gave you the explanation text after posting the word Airen. You quoted it yourself.

    Airen is a term used to refer the fans of Lee Seung Gi.

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Thank you so much for your recommendation, phio-chan!
    I followed your advice and watched GFB and I love it!! I watched the first two episodes and I’m already sold on this series! I’m enjoying watching GFB more than watching SB, so I’m putting SB on hold and I’m going to catch up with GFB.
    Nyahaha~ I'm glad you did! Told you so.

    Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Mmm…yes, I heard about that and I really wonder why they didn’t pick some T-actors for SB, I mean there are some T-actors that are very talented and very handsome as well and that could have done a good (or great) job playing Ren and Shou, respectively.
    I'm sure of that too. The only explanation I can think of will be because they had collaboration and the K-actors wanted to try something new and show themselves more. At least this showed that they can do Chinese to some extent, although eventually they were dubbed by Chinese actors.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts