Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    AAAARGH!!! Gu Family Book!!! So Frustrating!!!

Why did you have to end that way???
    Exactly!!! Why did it have to end that way??

Quote Quote:
    Last 2-3 episodes really dragged the entire show down!! I was played with, mind-fucked! Robbed of what could have been a precious Lee Seung Gi drama
    According to some info I have read on some sites, the writer had planned that ending from the very beginning. Either that is her idea of a beautiful ending or she is just plain cruel and likes open endings...or she is just a very bad writer.

Why did she have to end things in such a way?!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if she planned to end it that way from the start, she could have inserted some hints at the beginning, or she could have written it differently so that the end didn't feel like it was pulled out of nowhere. There is such a technique called, oh I dunno, FORESHADOWING?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if she planned to end it that way from the start, she could have inserted some hints at the beginning, or she could have written it differently so that the end didn't feel like it was pulled out of nowhere. There is such a technique called, oh I dunno, FORESHADOWING?
    Maybe she thought the monk’s prophecy was enough foreshadowing and that she didn’t need to add anything else? Btw, I have read some interviews and I read that even LSG knew the type of ending GFB was going to have, he knew
    Spoiler show

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

that part was okay for me, really. it would have ended better, I could accept it if ended like the "first ending". It could have ended in tears and I would be fine with crying, but when the "second ending" came my tears literally evaporated. vanished.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that part was okay for me, really. it would have ended better, I could accept it if ended like the "first ending". It could have ended in tears and I would be fine with crying, but when the "second ending" came my tears literally evaporated. vanished.
    As I mentioned it in the GFB thread, the “second ending” felt like a cheap reward after all the pain she put us thru during the first part of the episode. The second ending felt like the beginning of a new series of which we were only able to watch the first 5 minutes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 30, 2013 at 04:24 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Me I just want a new LSG drama

i always think about what the girls over at Dramabeans.com once said- What would happen to Korean TV without LSG??

I hope he'll find a different role this time. After checking all his dramas () I noticed he always had similar roles- the "young master" role- the spoiled brat role. In GFB he probably had more conflict to portray but the character still had that mischievous, naughty nature. (Shining Inheritance, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, King 2 Hearts).

Although I always liked how he acted, and I think he's really pretty good (especially because co-actors testify that he practices non-stop ), I wanna see him in a totally different kind of character to affirm that he's a well-rounded actor.

To be fair with Lee Min Ho, he's acted in more varying roles- Bad boy in Boys Over Flowers, cool and calculating in City Hunter, the "gay guy" in Personal Taste, the serious and straight-laced general in Faith. We're going to see him as a bratty role again perhaps in his upcoming drama "Heirs" this year, but I'm still looking forward to it.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you and after reading your comment I’m even more interested and curious about what LSG will choose as his next project.

And since you mentioned “Heirs”, I’m looking forward to that K-drama! Yes, part of the reason why I’m looking forward to it has to do with LMH , but the other members of the cast (Gumiho dad, the girl from “You’re Beautiful) are also an important reason why I will check out “Heirs” when it airs.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 02, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah Park Shin Hye has had her share of dramas too. I can't say if she's good- so far I didn't notice her acting as a stand-out. But she did good in Flower Boy Next Door- when she acted as a very shy and weird girl. I've seen her in Heartstrings, as well as You're Beautiful.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Me I just want a new LSG drama

i always think about what the girls over at Dramabeans.com once said- What would happen to Korean TV without LSG??
    Lee Min-Ho ´s popularity is enough to feed an entire industry

Edit: Just saw, Dramacrazy has shut down
    Last edited by MiyamotoMusashi; July 03, 2013 at 03:28 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah sad day for those who love dramacrazy (and animecrazy!)

Lee Min Ho is popular, yeah, but Lee Seung Gi is in almost any kind of show. Talk show, Variety show, dramas, music industry... He's not "The King" for just anything you know, he's "The King of Ratings". And he's virtually everywhere, even in the Olympics, for godssakes. I'm not saying he's better or anything, just that he's, well, everywhere.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah sad day for those who love dramacrazy (and animecrazy!)

Lee Min Ho is popular, yeah, but Lee Seung Gi is in almost any kind of show. Talk show, Variety show, dramas, music industry... He's not "The King" for just anything you know, he's "The King of Ratings". And he's virtually everywhere, even in the Olympics, for godssakes. I'm not saying he's better or anything, just that he's, well, everywhere.
    To tell you the truth, i don´t even care about them, i just wanted to make a joke (not to sound too harsh though). Both are average actors who have accumulated a huge fan base due to their looks and their sympathetic charisma which is completely ok of course but does not make them top notch actors. Nevertheless, both are going to be casted frequently because they are audience magnets.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sure you were making the joke so...

Anyway, my sisters and I were so proud to have converted our mom to the "dark side". She loved that she could have subtitled shows (as opposed to the ones on regular TV), since she has trouble hearing now. And she loved the whole appeal. Now she can marathon. She's watched two series so far, one Korean (coffee Prince), and one Japanese (h2).

Btw, I am recommending H2. it is, afterall, originally written by Mitsuru Adachi (manga of the same name). I loved this adaptation, I loved the actors.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sure you were making the joke so...

Anyway, my sisters and I were so proud to have converted our mom to the "dark side". She loved that she could have subtitled shows (as opposed to the ones on regular TV), since she has trouble hearing now. And she loved the whole appeal. Now she can marathon. She's watched two series so far, one Korean (coffee Prince), and one Japanese (h2).

Btw, I am recommending H2. it is, afterall, originally written by Mitsuru Adachi (manga of the same name). I loved this adaptation, I loved the actors.
    I read the manga but i honestly did not know that there is a drama adaption for this. Did you only watch Gu Family from the recent dramas or are their other titles?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you mean other titles? ah, like recent drama that aired about the same time?

nope. the latest I watched before GFB was Flower Boy Next Door, I think?

I'll try to watch "I hear your voice" which is currently airing. But only after I finish with the Taiga Drama "Atsuhime". Seriously you guys, Taiga drama are so fascinating (and breathtaking) to watch.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

what do you mean other titles? ah, like recent drama that aired about the same time?

nope. the latest I watched before GFB was Flower Boy Next Door, I think?

I'll try to watch "I hear your voice" which is currently airing. But only after I finish with the Taiga Drama "Atsuhime". Seriously you guys, Taiga drama are so fascinating (and breathtaking) to watch.
    I hear your voice sounded too strange to be honest, so i never tried it. If you ever look for one, try Nine (already finished). It´s a tvN drama, so creative writing is ensured.
    Yeah, Atsuhime was great. Miyazaki Aoi was a sleeper before that, after that she rightly became a star.

New Reply
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast