Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Asian Drama Thread

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Asian Drama Thread

The thing about this Atsuhime drama, it only got irresistibly good after 20 episodes, gawd.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

tvN's Cyrano Dating Agency, how about that? I think it's a bit fresh, but I haven't watched any episode so I can't really tell.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    The thing about this Atsuhime drama, it only got irresistibly good after 20 episodes, gawd.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

tvN's Cyrano Dating Agency, how about that? I think it's a bit fresh, but I haven't watched any episode so I can't really tell.
    Hmm, i did not watch that either to be honest but i did watch the movie it is based on which was good but that probably does not say much since a 20 episode drama is different from a 2 hours movie. I just recommended Nine because it was the first drama in a while that fully satisfied me, both emotionally and intellectually.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

haha you're off a bit about the number of episodes there...

Taiga dramas run for an entire year, so they're about 50 episodes long...

okay I'm curious about Nine now. But, like I mentioned, I'm still halfway through the Atsuhime drama (ep 26) lol.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

haha you're off a bit about the number of episodes there...

Taiga dramas run for an entire year, so they're about 50 episodes long...

okay I'm curious about Nine now. But, like I mentioned, I'm still halfway through the Atsuhime drama (ep 26) lol.
    Hmm, i was referring to Cyrano Agency, i actually watched Atsuhime, though it´s been a long time

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ah... the movie Cyrano Agency. lol. We're back and forth with this misunderstanding shizz, haha.

I thought you referred to Atsuhime having a movie- I assumed it would have, since the drama was based on a novel, maybe it was also adapted into many things.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doomed without DramaCrazy. Daaaaaaamn. Gotta go find another streaming website.

MM, you're so mean to LMH and LSG.

I'm biased towards LSG, more than LMH, lol. LMH never really touched other shows like LSG did: from variety shows to Olympics running yes, like baboysai said. And LSG's singing career is more successful than LMH as far as I know. But LSG is not handsome. He admits it himself. XD It'll definitely be a while before we see another drama by him. He'll spend the rest of this year going around the world for concerts and fan meets as far as I know. In fan blog LSG said he wanted to try antagonist role one day when he's older. We'll see! XD

I still have Itazura na Kiss Love in Tokyo, but after it ends in the next 2 weeks... Time to clean up my watching list.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Marathoned Nodame Cantabile plus all the movies and specials- THIS DRAMA SO GOOD

This story is so good too no wonder it won an award.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally Itazura ended today. The ending is sweet although a bit too sudden.

Who dares to say Nodame is bad?! It's my all-time favorite. I absolutely loved it. I'm so frustrated that I lost all my files including my episodes of Nodame when my laptop was broken a while ago.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, i never liked the live-action of Nodame adaption to be honest. Of course the music was good but i don´t think the antics of all the characters, especially Nodame herself, can be depicted properly but that´s just my opinion. The anime is still one of my favorite anime of all time though.

Recently started watching Soredemo, Ikite Yuku and i can say it´s one of the best dramas in general i have ever watched. From the acting, the writing and with that the pace, which can be slow sometimes but is fitting for the topic of the drama, the OST and so forth, everything is superb.
    I can recommend it to anyone who is looking for something more "real" and does not shy away from uncomfortable topics.

The opening is also very good and fits the general atmosphere of the drama:

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Hmm, i never liked the live-action of Nodame adaption to be honest. Of course the music was good but i don´t think the antics of all the characters, especially Nodame herself, can be depicted properly but that´s just my opinion. The anime is still one of my favorite anime of all time though.
    Oh but I loved Ueno Juri as Nodame! She really sparkled as an actress there! Nodame from the manga was a very hard character to play, and I believe Ueno Juri pulled it off really well.

And she is quite good with music (as a person) based on the testimonials, the making, and the specials- She starred in the movie Swing Girls way way back and that was a music-themed movie too. Which was probably why she landed the role for Nodame. She was pretty much above average with the piano on the behind-the-scenes... Although Tamaki Hiroshi (Chiaki) didn't know zilch when he landed the role, hehe. In the movies however, it seemed he learned quite a lot and was able to portray conducting much much better.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

And she is quite good with music (as a person) based on the testimonials, the making, and the specials- She starred in the movie Swing Girls way way back and that was a music-themed movie too. Which was probably why she landed the role for Nodame. She was pretty much above average with the piano on the behind-the-scenes... Although Tamaki Hiroshi (Chiaki) didn't know zilch when he landed the role, hehe. In the movies however, it seemed he learned quite a lot and was able to portray conducting much much better.
    I heard so too. Reading from d-addicts, if I remember correctly. Tamaki on the other hand didn't have experience with music (some said he could play piano but I'm not sure) and throughout the episodes we can still see he's a bit... too firm in conducting, sometimes doesn't even match the tempo/notes of the orchestra. Maybe that's because they filmed both separately, I don't know. XD

All in all I love the drama. I turned away from the manga and anime because I couldn't stand the artwork, so the drama is the solution for me.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I also had a hard time adapting to the manga artwork. But the anime was masterfully done, I should say.

btw, in the drama, OMG Nodame's fashion Especially her dresses during recitals

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

btw, in the drama, OMG Nodame's fashion Especially her dresses during recitals
    One of my dreams is to get that piano bag she always carries around with her. I HAVE TO GET THAT BAG SOMEDAY!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that bag before. My sister gave it to me she bought one from Japan... but it was years ago and it got destroyed now. let me see if I have a picture...

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

okay found it...
    Spoiler show

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that bag before. My sister gave it to me she bought one from Japan... but it was years ago and it got destroyed now. let me see if I have a picture...

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

okay found it...
    Spoiler show

So pretty I have to have one of it someday!!!!!

New Reply
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast