Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Dragon Ball, start of Demon King Piccolo Arc!

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So I read Aqua today and thought I'd continue with Aria. However, I've heard lots of good stuff about the anime, so I'm not sure which one I should go for first. Is the anime different from the manga? Are there any things to consider?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I stumbled upon Ode to Kirihito; An old manga made by Osamu Tezuka. It's weird, but it's still entertaining and challenging to read. The left open ending made me quite sad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    So I read Aqua today and thought I'd continue with Aria. However, I've heard lots of good stuff about the anime, so I'm not sure which one I should go for first. Is the anime different from the manga? Are there any things to consider?
    I recommend you to watch the Anime first. As far as I can remember, there isn't any significant difference between anime and manga.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently started Sakamoto desu ga? This is awesome, Sakamoto is just fabulous! I will read the first volumes of Yozakura Quartet before watching the new anime.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; October 12, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_24.gif

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Yozakura Quartet. Epic series, a really fun, exciting manga. Reminded me of the feeling I got when I was new to reading manga. After that I started reading Pupa. The upcoming anime looks good, so I wanted to give the manga a try first.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Anagle Mole. The art caught my eye a long time ago, but I didn't want to start until the hiatus was over. It really isn't as good as I wanted it to be. Pretty conventional, bordering on mediocre shonen battle manga. I really like the art style though and the characters are likeable. Plus, the story is improving a bit and there is plenty of potential.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished reading Sleeping Moon v1 and v2 (from Kana Miyamoto, yaoi manga) which was a good story and pick up from sublime manga. Really enjoyed both volumes and Kano Miyamoto gave her characters both male and female good art. The supernatural story was wonderfully told in all nine chapters plus the bonus and even spanning across two time periods with its deep curse plotline and backstory there and trying to solve the mystery/paradox of it all didnt feel cramped or constrained within the two volumes. In fact it was told quite well and even gave nice amounts of moments between Akihiko and Ren, Akihiko and Eitarou and even for the side characters to have some nice development too. Glad I purchased it and will reread again sometime. Its was really good.

And then vol 12 of Psyren I had picked up and hadnt read for awhile but finally got to it. Melchiz Vortex ftw! Hope theres even more creative attacks coming later.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The cover art of Ballroom e Youkoso caught my eye back when it was nominated for the Manga Taisho Award, so I'm happy to see in scanlated. The first chapter is being released in two parts, and the first part was pretty enjoyable with a nice art style. I look forward to reading more.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny because I just read this week another manga about ballroom dance called Butter!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the first volume of 'Watamote' that Yen Press released. It was pretty funny, but also kind sad. I feel bad for Tomoko.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I reread Route 20, a short manga by famed animator Sadamoto Yoshiyuki, one of the founders of Gainax. Sadamoto is most famous as animation director and character designer for Neon Genesis Evangelion, as well as drawing the manga adaption. He also designed the characters for Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, FLCL, Diebuster, and many more. Route 20 is a great manga. Short, but definitely worth reading.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished Scientia on last night (but had no time to write about it), but probably one of the few Seinen aimed manga that didnt turn out entirely bad or boring. Perhaps the short focus of sorts and slightly interconnected stories made it feel unique and different from much of the tone of other series in the demographic. In any event I enjoyed spending the few hours to get through it. Alot of it was quite thought provoking imagining if I myself were in those situations if I would take up those offers. The musician one in Accelerator was most compelling in regards to that as it seemed to have one who was trying to things without any help and another who wanted all the help he could get just to succeed. In the end I think both routes were alright but kind of sad at the same time. I imagine it depends on what is fulfilling to each person themself, Id probably took the fame route, maybe.

Only thing I didn't like was the art, the characters always seemed to look the same, especially the female characters. Robot nurse didnt seem to be that different then the look of the one from the earlier story than the look of the mom in the daughter story and so on. They all always had that round face of sorts even the minor characters, it was really an issue when the builder story came up and he mentioned the female character we saw in a previous story who ended up getting a fulfilled life later.

I wouldn't mind reading their other works though.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum you must be quite picky if all the seinen you read bores you. I'm not sure the demographic is really the reason. They are quite equally distributed in my case.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Hum you must be quite picky if all the seinen you read bores you. I'm not sure the demographic is really the reason. They are quite equally distributed in my case.
    Their usually just way too dark/trying to be edgy and grim, and what not and too mature/graphic (Tail Star, Zetman, etc).

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Chii's answer :

---------- Post added November 18, 2013 at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was November 16, 2013 at 02:08 AM ----------

I'm currently Samidare (yeah I know I should have read it long time ago). But we are going to start a collective reading soon. So if you are interested in reading it or rereading it. Now is the perfect time.

New Reply
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast