Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

(Is this the new 'What are you currently reading?"-thread?lol)

the last one vanished in the server crash /Kaiten

Today I bought the first volume of Hadashi no Gen. Looking forward to it, as I've heard only good stuff about it until now.(And I bought some more Blade of the Immortal volumes, yay!)

Also finished Bokurano some time ago. Wow, what a manga. Each kid has its own unique story, which grabs your heart, despite its short length. After every kid's story you'd think it couldn't get worse and then Mohiro Kitoh goes like "nah-ah~". Loved it. Read a compilation of his short stories (called Mohiro Kitoh's Short Stories lol) soon after. Not as great, but still nice.

This weekend I read a short (yuri?) manga called Cotton, which had nice art and likeable characters. Nothing extraordinary, though. Just like Satoshi Kon's Kaikisen - Return to the Sea. It was dazzling art-wise, but the story felt as though I read it already. The characters, the plot, everything. Maybe I even read it already.lol
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 04, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member silver_soul's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, I was looking for an RK type of manga but I guess I'll wait and read Tekkonkinkreet or Ping Pong before I give Takemitsu Zamurai a try.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently reading another medical series, Black Jack ni Yoroshiku. Read the first 4 chapters so far, and I can say that this manga is darker compared to Dr. Koto's clinic. I hope the new group will pick it up until it ends.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately I've been thinking about reading Yu-Gi-Oh!. The franchise has never really interested me, though I do own some cards from when I was a kid (also I love The Abridged Series), but then I heard that the manga had a lot less to do with Duel Monsters than the anime (less filler as well). I was already aware that the manga began as a story about several different "shadow games" (a really cool concept imo), but I didn't know that even the later arcs were less card game-centric than the anime. Would anyone recommend reading the manga?

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Lately I've been thinking about reading Yu-Gi-Oh!. The franchise has never really interested me, though I do own some cards from when I was a kid (also I love The Abridged Series), but then I heard that the manga had a lot less to do with Duel Monsters than the anime (less filler as well). I was already aware that the manga began as a story about several different "shadow games" (a really cool concept imo), but I didn't know that even the later arcs were less card game-centric than the anime. Would anyone recommend reading the manga?
    If I remember it correctly, the later arcs of the Manga are focusing solely on the Duel Monsters, while the early part of the manga covers several different type of games (boards. etc). I think if you're a fan of the franchise, it's pretty enjoyable to read it back-to-back. But if you're reading with intention to seek a good story, I think you'll not get what you want, since most parts of the story are fairly predictable and with illogical conclusion as well.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    The first seven volumes are full of different games and quite entertaining. It's also much darker than one would assume when thinking about the franchise. At the end of the seventh volume, the whole trading card game stuff starts with that tournament, which is also interesting and more about character development. Later volumes concentrate more on the card game.
    So yeah, I'd actually recommend it. Not a masterpiece, but rather entertaining.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn server crash!
    Well I wanted to recommend Orange but Kaiten already did it and I'm pretty sure all shoujo fan have already discovered this little jewel.

It's also a shoujo but you could easily mistake it for a shounen. I'm currently reading Gokusen, and I have a great time reading it. Fans of GTO will all probably love it

And since I finally finish to upload it completely, I have started Houshin engi. I only have heard good thing about it and so far it's really enjoyable

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silver_soul View Post
    I recently finished Annarasumanara

Unique art style makes it more appealing and even though drama psychological/genre's not really my thing, I couldn't stop reading it.
    Have you tried his other titles ? They are more comedies compared to Annarasumanara but definitively good titles too. It's definitively one of the best authors in this genre.
    And if you like good web-comics, you can have a try to my signature link.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's a pity the other thread got lost.

Anyway, today I read the The Walking Man volume I bought the other day. It wasn't anything exciting. No drama, no mysteries, no comedy. It felt like a manga about nothing. But damn, I loved it. It's about a man who goes on a walk occasionally and simply enjoys the landscapes around him, the city and its people. You could say it's a feel-good manga. Something you read after a tiring day to calm down and find some peace of mind. I might read it from time to time when I need some time to relax. Definitely worth the money!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanigushi is always worth your money !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Yeah, it's a pity the other thread got lost.

Anyway, today I read the The Walking Man volume I bought the other day. It wasn't anything exciting. No drama, no mysteries, no comedy. It felt like a manga about nothing. But damn, I loved it. It's about a man who goes on a walk occasionally and simply enjoys the landscapes around him, the city and its people. You could say it's a feel-good manga. Something you read after a tiring day to calm down and find some peace of mind. I might read it from time to time when I need some time to relax. Definitely worth the money!
    You should read 'A Zoo In Winter' by the same author. It's fantastic. One of the best mangas I've ever read.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And solitary gourmet which is very similar but about food

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Planned on buying that one next. Thanks for the reccomendation!

I'm glad they published so many of his manga here. They are rather expensive (15€ for The Walking Man), which is why it's not like I can simply buy all of them, but they're one volume long only, so it's no biggie. What bothers me though are those flipped pages. It's not like I would be entirely against them, especially because it's done to introduce people to manga, but they kinda failed most of the times, so I end up reading the wrong speech bubble first like always. Well, it was still a great read and I'm looking forward to his other works such as A Zoo in Winter and My Father's Journal.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Walking Man is a very nice manga. It doesn't have a story, it's just about how good it feels to just walk peacefully with no special objective, with no responsabilities, see and discovering things slowly... It makes you feel very peacuful when you read it. Recently I also read an interesting manga by Taniguchi. It's not the same type of manga but it's also very good. It's called Hareyuku Sora, but I think it's only translated in french.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been reading much manga lately(got side tracked marathoning Doctor Who), but since the Shojo Beat Manga Moveable Feast is coming up, I decided to start reading 'Sand Chronicles'. So far, so good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-reading Kenichi currently at ch.77

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

New Reply
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast