Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

I only finished 4 out of the 10 volumes of 'Sand Chronicles' before getting too bored to go on. I didn't care for it.

Anyway, next I am going to read 'Chi's Sweet Home'.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm catching up with the current pace of Kamisama no Iutoori. It's a nice horror and survival manga, except I'm still hoping that there would be more twists since I feel that sometimes the story a little bit monotonous. Another manga that I'm catching up to is Green Blood. While the art is amazing, I'm not sure about the story. It feels a little bit dragged sometimes. Next manga in my reading list is Yokohama Kadashi Kiko, I've been told that the manga is great.
    Last edited by Doraku; September 21, 2012 at 07:01 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed it is :-)

---------- Post added September 28, 2012 at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was September 25, 2012 at 09:20 AM ----------

I finished Neuro yesterday and it was a pleasant surprise. I understand now the praise Matsui had. The originality of the manga aside, the characters are all perfectly managed. The humor is also very nice if you like this kind. Now I expect a lot from assassination classroom.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you enjoyed reading Neuro! It's funny how you mentioned Matsui's originality when the theme of his JUMP 50th anniversary interview/Mangaknou no Kitaekata was in fact, originality. A lot of manga (even the really good ones) follow a certain pattern to their stories, but I like how he thinks outside the box.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished the 8 volumes of 'Chi's Sweet Home' that my library had available and I really loved it. It was so much fun to read and I'd say it's nearly on par with 'Yotsuba&!' as far as these types of series go.

I've also been reading 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure'. I'm on part 3 now. It's been a pretty fun read, but I can't wait to get to the next part where the art shifts closer to Araki's current style. I think Araki's current art style is fantastic.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the first chapters of Doubutsu no Oishan (k-dom's rec) and Kami no Shizuku. I've made very little progress on Claymore so I hope to regain momentum. (131 chapters doesn't seem a lot... or does it?)

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished RRR some time ago. An exciting boxing drama with great characters and brilliant action scenes where the rather stiff art was able shine. Could've done without the obvious plot-twist at the end, which seemed kinda lazy, but other than that it was a really enjoyable manga.

Started reading Usagi Drop, which I've been meaning to read for a looooong time now (there was this great short story by the same author). So far so good.

And I randomly picked up Inuyasha. Don't know why.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't read YKK yet, but I read Koi Kaze, an unusual romance manga by Yoshida Motoi. I prefer her most recent works, Natsu no Zenjitsu over Koi Kaze, but I'm quite satisfied with it nonetheless. Kudos for her ability to tell romance story from peculiar point of view.

Another manga that I finished is Me-Teru no Kimochi by Hiroya Oku, the author of Gantz. It has a good start, but it getting worse towards the end. I also believe that the idea is far-fetched, even though unique. I also read TsunBaka and Koganeiro, short stories made by YOKO, the artist of Onani Master Kurosawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Started reading Usagi Drop, which I've been meaning to read for a looooong time now (there was this great short story by the same author). So far so good.
    I hope you won't get disappointed by the ending.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

A while back I saw 'The Wandering of Girls Group No.7' featured on this site and it caught my interest, but I just now got around to checking out a few chapters. For some reason it gives off a vibe like if Usamaru Furuya drew something funny and cute.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've started Dorohedoro and I didn't thought I would like it this much. The (dark) humour balance quite well the (dark) ambiance and the world is quite unique.
    Also the last tome of Soil has been released and I really need to take the time to have a look at it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading Liar Game right now,Code Geass,Shaman king:flowers, planning on reading Vinland Saga, Magi next

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly this is my first time reading an original work doujinshi (I mean the one which is not based on popular franchise). I came across At Least, Like That Snow.. it's a wonderful and surprising doujin. I didn't expect the author could make such a powerful story with only 30-pages. The ending is left open to interpretation, but I'm glad that I can notice it subtlety.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started reading Osamu Tezuka's The Book of Human Insects. I actually haven't been in the reading mood lately, but I had this book on hold from the library since like last year, and it just now became my turn. So I had to pick it up or get back on the bottom of the waiting list. Even so, I've had the book for like 10 days, and haven't opened it until today, because as I said, I haven't been in the reading mood, but I have to finish it before it's due. Anyway, despite not being in the reading mood, I'm finding it surprisingly good. Especially for a Tezuka book, which are usually hit or miss with me, and even the hits don't blow me away. I'm about half way done. Here's hoping Tezuka can keep up the quality for the second half.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two manga that I'm currently reading: Moteki and One-punch Man.

Moteki is Kubou (Author of Again!) previous work, and I think this manga is funny and tell us the reality of "harem" . It can be heartwarming sometimes, and I recommend you to read it until the extra volume, volume 4.5 since the original volumes do not really conclude the series. The art is also has its own charm, if you like Again!, I can assume you would have no problem with Moteki.

One-punch Man is a humor Seinen Manga, and the artist is Yuusuke Murata, the author of Eyeshield 21. The humor are pretty raw in my opinion, but they are still hilarious.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Little evening at the bookstore
    I read the first volume of ascension but I don't think this manga is for me. I'm not really a fan of genious characters unless there is some good humor to compensate.
    The second volume of Therma romae was much more satisfying. The first chapter in particular was hilarious. Since it is a short serie I will even have the place to buy the complete serie for once.
    I also read Billy bat 4th volume, the story is going a bit to much in all direction it's quite hard to follow whith several months between volumes. Maybe I will wait until more are out before continuing
    And ki-oon has started to translated Barakamon, that is a good news since release are quite slow

New Reply
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast