Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

I've finally caught up to date with all series currently in my reading list. Recently I picked up Taiyou no Ie, quite an interesting story about a girl trying to find a place where she belongs to. Now that everything's up to date I'm planning to check the manga of shoujo anime I'm following, like Chihayafuru and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. A josei titled Haigakura has been waiting for me to check as well, so that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    2. xxxHolic - I never become a huge fan of CLAMP's works, yet I heard a lot of praise about this manga, so I decided to pick it up. The artwork is typical CLAMP, which I'm not really familiar with, but I liked it.
    I liked the cases in the beginning. Some are rather scary, not as in with ghosts or something, but because the impression of karma is very strong. I don't remember why I put it on hold. With its live action coming soon, I'm planning to pick it up again.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finally made a reading list.
    I know I read a lot of manga nowadays, but I have no idea how many until I actually list it... I even still think I miss some...
    Even with all those manga in waiting, I still add more...
    I recently read Magnolia and I think it's really great that I can kill someone to get the new chapter soon...
    I also add Ojousama wa Oyomesama.. I don't think it's that good but I don't know why I still keep reading it to the latest chapter though...
    Shinigami Hime no Saikon looks promising! I can't wait for a new chapter.
    Last edited by yukihime03; February 04, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Estranho's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I have finally made a reading list.
    Your link take to my own list.
    To link to us your list, you need to click on your login on the upper right side. You will get a link like this: http://www.mangaupdates.com/members.html?id=226161

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reading Hinamatsuri, and it was kind of funny, but the awkward translation made me lose interest.

I also read Heroes of Fury and Dangan Tenshi Fan Club, which are both one shots by ONE and Yuusuke Murata. Heroes of Fury was kind of meh, but Dangan Tenshi Fan Club was pretty good.

I'm also trying Love In Hell. It's light and easy to read, which is what I need right now, and it is pretty funny.
    Last edited by MattC302; February 04, 2013 at 08:53 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

update on kisame

i am caught up on one piece finally,

so weekly i am reading the big three
    naruto
    bleach
    one piece
    i am still reading
    D.gray man
    freezing
    and a few others when they are coming out

and i plan to start reading
    HSD kenichi (which i have watched the anime i just never caught up on the manga)
    and Gintama, which i LOVE the anime, and i am planing to pick up the manga soon too

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently in a mission to catch up with Deadman Wonderland. A good start at first, but I think I haven't become a fan of this manga yet. The most recent Manga I've read is Kamisama no Iutoori II, which is newly serialized in Weekly Shounen Magazine. I liked the first installation very much, I hope this new story would fill up the plot holes and anything unexplained in the first part.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I started Kabu no Isaki, which has been on my reading list since I finished YKK like 3 years ago. It's not quite as charming as YKK, but it is still pretty good.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm currently in a mission to catch up with Deadman Wonderland. A good start at first, but I think I haven't become a fan of this manga yet. The most recent Manga I've read is Kamisama no Iutoori II, which is newly serialized in Weekly Shounen Magazine. I liked the first installation very much, I hope this new story would fill up the plot holes and anything unexplained in the first part.
    Deadman Wonderland had a great start for me, though as it progressed I found it a bit predictable, Or it just shifted into a different path for me somewhere in the 30s and 40s chapters. It can have a very naive setting when you look at it now, but at the time it was quite interesting and the art and the story blended nicely. All in all, I would describe it as a fun manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended my Nodame Cantabile marathon. This is certainly a shoujo must read (Doraku if you are still looking for some, you should definitively try this one). The character are crazy just how I like them and since half of the story takes place in Paris, it was fun to read with French eyes too.
    I'm also reading Moonlight Arc. It's by the mangaka of Ushio and Tora. The plot is not the most solid one but the characters are consistently arguing (this seems to be a Fujita writing trait) and the crazy situations make the reading really fun.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've stopped reading new manga, and paired my list down to the essentials:I fell behind on most of my reading, except for One Piece and Shingeki, during the fall. I plan catching up with Nisekoi, Assassination Classroom, and REAL over the next few weeks. I also will continue reading Moteki, Umibe no Onnanoko, Vagabond, and Bouken Erekitetou when (if?) new chapters are scanlated. I speed read Bleach and Naruto after One Piece comes out. If it were not for the fact that they come out on the same day and same site as OP, I would have dropped both already. I have no plans on starting anything else. I would rather start new anime than manga right now.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 09, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I ended my Nodame Cantabile marathon. This is certainly a shoujo must read (Doraku if you are still looking for some, you should definitively try this one). The character are crazy just how I like them and since half of the story takes place in Paris, it was fun to read with French eyes too.
    I'm also reading Moonlight Arc. It's by the mangaka of Ushio and Tora. The plot is not the most solid one but the characters are consistently arguing (this seems to be a Fujita writing trait) and the crazy situations make the reading really fun.
    If you also watched the anime, which one do you prefer? The manga was good but the anime is actually brilliant for me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really interested in adaptation in anime of manga that I have read, so I don't think I will watch it. But I searched the musics to hear them while reading at the same time :-)
    Last edited by k-dom; February 09, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really interested in adaptation in anime of manga that I have read, so I don't think I will watch it. But I searched the musics to hear them while reading at the same time :-)
    Well, i can not force you of course but i can give my rec. I think Nodame is one of the few anime that accomplished to be better than its source material, in this case the manga, for mainly 3 reasons. First of all, the art in the anime is so much better. I know that the art is not the priority for most people when reading Shoujo/Josei but in this case, the difference is huge. Second, the jokes and gags are delivered so much better in my opinion. The manga made me smirk sometimes, the anime made me break out in laughter. Third and the most important, the music is played by professionals who give one of the best interpretations i heard of the pieces in the manga/anime. I am a huge classical music fan, if the music were not good, i would have immediately dropped it. Here is a good example.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished reading Coo's World. I thought I would like it more, but I just couldn't connect with it. The art was good though.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Second, the jokes and gags are delivered so much better in my opinion.
    Ayako Kawasumi as Nodame made it one of the most enjoyable Anime I've ever seen, she's so perfect in that role and her voice. Definitely worth watching the adaption for the reasons named by MiyamotoMusashi.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 10, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast