Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1023

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

  1. #241
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    The reason why I love One Piece is Luffy. I just love him. Literally. If he would exist I would be the first one to declare my love for him. My hardcore-deeply sexual love for him.
    Spoiler show


    This is so going to my sign !

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #242
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Sure, with his gomu gomu no power he could be able to make happy even shirahoshi.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #243
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD



    I had to.

    ---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I think Fishman Island is underrated. It was a very intelligent arc, Oda's message about intolerance was very well said. I especially like that Hodi himself had no grudge against humans, using intolerance instead to justify his own wicked agenda. That is very insightful, and closer to the mark than is common, when pop culture tackles the subject. Not my favorite arc, but overall, very well done. I enjoyed Fishman Island more than Skypeia, which I found to be the most generic of the series. Skypeia and Davey Back Fight are my least favorite arcs. Water 7/Enes Lobby, Sabaody/Amazon Lily/Impel Down/Marineford were my favorites. Punk Hazard I have enjoyed a great deal. Other than Law giving Caesar his heart (plothole), I enjoyed everything about the arc.
    He could do exactly the same with less lamer enemies and more Karate Dojo characters. :/

    I rate this arc even below Skypea. And I share your opinion about those arcs. Ugh.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #244
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    He could do exactly the same with less lamer enemies and more Karate Dojo characters. :/

    I rate this arc even below Skypea. And I share your opinion about those arcs. Ugh.
    That is true. There is no arguing that Hodi Jones was a boring villain, kind of a "monster of the week" type rather than a fully formed character. Oda's depiction of extremism was very well done, but the character himself was uninteresting. I would never refer to FI as a favorite, or even claim it was one of the better arcs. But it did have it's share of redeeming qualities, in addition to the message. I liked Shirahoshi, Neptune, and the denizens of Fishman Island. The flashbacks were excellent, I really enjoyed that part of the arc. I also liked that the arc served to ingratiate Luffy to Fishman Island. Reconciling a civil war was an excellent way for Luffy to ingratiate himself to the people of FI, despite being a human. Necessary, if as hinted, he is to someday replace Big Mam as FI's protector.

    While it seems to have plenty of fans here, Skypeia seems to be the most universally disliked Grand Line arc, except maybe Davey Back Fight. Enel really annoyed me. He was to much the stereotypical shounen villain, all he did the whole arc was brag. The arc itself never really seemed to have anything to do with anything, other than finding the poneglyph at the end. I was never a really big fan of Drum Island either. Nothing against Chopper, but it was kind of a boring arc.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 17, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

  8. #245
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Skypiea war was really well done. Thanks to having the action displayed in several place, Oda could balance the one on one fights while still giving the messy feeling of a battle. In that way I find it much better than Marineford.
    Drum has one of the best flashback and Doctorine is a great character. Just for that, I will always put it higher than Arabasta. Vivi was a really boring character and it is only saved by a good villain.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #246
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    To me, Skypiea is best arc of One Piece. It has what really a pirate life has to have... Romance for Adventure. The feelings of any chapter of that saga are overwhelming, everything placed in the highest point of the world where the legend and rules of the people of the sea has mere vestigues as the people who fell from the moon or the Poneglyphs, and when the the king is acknowledge by other cultures. Battles swayed to only side till the end which thanks to plot the pirates could win, and without forgot the amazing Cricket's background that help them to go there.

    "You don't have to feel fear along with the future Pirate King.
    Pirate King? Which country does he rules?
    He's the king of the seas!
    That doesn't sound half bad".

    Yeah, totally incredible arc i have to say. Separated from any advance of the journey but still better than a lot of the included ones.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #247
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Are the CP9 members still members of CP9?
    E.g Lucci, Kaki, Jabra, Blueno, Kalifa etc.

  13. #248
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    To me, Skypiea is best arc of One Piece. It has what really a pirate life has to have... Romance for Adventure. The feelings of any chapter of that saga are overwhelming, everything placed in the highest point of the world where the legend and rules of the people of the sea has mere vestigues as the people who fell from the moon or the Poneglyphs, and when the the king is acknowledge by other cultures. Battles swayed to only side till the end which thanks to plot the pirates could win, and without forgot the amazing Cricket's background that help them to go there.

    "You don't have to feel fear along with the future Pirate King.
    Pirate King? Which country does he rules?
    He's the king of the seas!
    That doesn't sound half bad".

    Yeah, totally incredible arc i have to say. Separated from any advance of the journey but still better than a lot of the included ones.
    Damn you, now I feel that I have to reread it

    I sure hope that Dressrosa will have same "clash" feeling that Enies Lobby had, Doflamingo seems to have really special crew, strong as well. Dont mind Buffalo and Baby 5 losing to Shogun. Really amazing firepower is needed to wreck it so nobody can call them weak after what we have seen. Im certain that they will bring us some more cool actions, especially Baby 5.

    ---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Are the CP9 members still members of CP9?
    E.g Lucci, Kaki, Jabra, Blueno, Kalifa etc.
    Nope. After Spandam betrayal they seemed to break their connections to Goverment.

  14. #249
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    I think Oda saved the dojo system for Wanokuni and it's going to be awesome. We didn't see Fishman Island's dojo because he thought it would have looked too similar with the samurais' training and fighting system. He probably also wanted to draw a Dojo with typical japonese style.

    I personaly don't care the FI's dojo was forgotten but I think Oda should have shown more of Fishman Karate in Fishman Island. I hope he's going to show a lot more with Jinbe joining and maybe New World Fishmen.

  15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #250
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    27,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Damn you, now I feel that I have to reread it

    I sure hope that Dressrosa will have same "clash" feeling that Enies Lobby had, Doflamingo seems to have really special crew, strong as well. Dont mind Buffalo and Baby 5 losing to Shogun. Really amazing firepower is needed to wreck it so nobody can call them weak after what we have seen. Im certain that they will bring us some more cool actions, especially Baby 5.
    I don't think the stakes are high enough for Dressrosa to feel like Enes Lobby. The circumstances are what made that arc so special, to me at least. The Strawhats leading a direct assault on a World Government facility, challenging the ruling order of the world, all for the sake of their friends. I can't imagine Dressrosa having that level of resonance, nor do I plan on comparing it to Enes Lobby. Enes Lobby was the climax of a saga, Dressrosa will only be the second arc.

    I liked Marineford so much for all the reasons I loved Enes Lobby. The stakes were so high. The War was more than action for the sake of fighting. The emotion, from Luffy and the Whitebeard Pirates, was amazing. They were not merely fighting a war, but for family, and the emotional toll showed. It's a great arc to reread. A lot of the emotion lost in the sweep of the action is more evident the second time around. And the action was great, some of the best in the series, and best drawn.

  17. #251
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't think the stakes are high enough for Dressrosa to feel like Enes Lobby. The circumstances are what made that arc so special, to me at least. The Strawhats leading a direct assault on a World Government facility, challenging the ruling order of the world, all for the sake of their friends. I can't imagine Dressrosa having that level of resonance, nor do I plan on comparing it to Enes Lobby. Enes Lobby was the climax of a saga, Dressrosa will only be the second arc.

    I liked Marineford so much for all the reasons I loved Enes Lobby. The stakes were so high. The War was more than action for the sake of fighting. The emotion, from Luffy and the Whitebeard Pirates, was amazing. They were not merely fighting a war, but for family, and the emotional toll showed. It's a great arc to reread. A lot of the emotion lost in the sweep of the action is more evident the second time around. And the action was great, some of the best in the series, and best drawn.
    By clash I meant simply seeing two groups of fighters clashing in fights that showed off some never seen before techniques, I do think its time to see more from strawhats training that we saw until now. That is part of EL arc feel that I would like to get soon from reading Dressrosa arc.
    Its obvious that buildup for Dressrosa is nothing compared to what Enies Lobby had.
    Sorry to say, even when I really like to read your posts you just stated obvious here, things that most of us including me knew about Enies Lobby arc.

  18. #252
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    You mean tournament, the last one in FI was rather underwhelming from the opponent's side. It all depends on Doflamingo fleeing back to his home at Dressrosa, which could develop into some match-ups with his crew or if they can infiltrate the place, take out the manufactory and get out without being spotted by them again. It would be sad if the Mugiwaras took out a couple members at a time at the end of an arc, with Doflamingo standing nearly alone at the end of the saga.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  19. #253
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    One vs one fights have not my preference anymore since they would drag the story to much. Especially if you add Law and the samourais to the 9 strawhats.
    Oda doesn't seem to use them much anymore and prefers team fights iInstead

  20. #254
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    One vs one fights have not my preference anymore since they would drag the story to much. Especially if you add Law and the samourais to the 9 strawhats.
    Oda doesn't seem to use them much anymore and prefers team fights iInstead
    Well I understand your point of view but sadly I cant agree with it.
    We have group fights since Whitebeard arc till now, I miss some real show off.
    Drag story to much? We are talking about Oda here- in last dozen of chapters of One Piece happened far more than in last year in Bleach.
    Strawhats trained for two years and we will get one more arc with like 2 moves/actions from each Strawhat? Umm I wouldnt like this. At all.
    Im kind of on the edge of patience with some characters. Its been like 2 years from time skip and we should take Zoro for example. What have we seen from him in those 2 years?
    We san new Rengoku Onigiri, Shi Shishi Sonson, Kokujo: O Tatsumaki and that he has haki strong enough to kill some "lesser" logias(we saw that he can add haki to flying cuts when he used Kokujo: O Tatsumaki on iron shields of FP). Its been two years man. For me dressrosa is time when we will get to see some serious powerups, not just a glimpses of firepower. Still it might be just as you say with group fighting but Ill be waiting for some mano a mano fights like at old good Alabasta/ Enies Lobby times, with feeling that our characters are able get badly beaten. Ive gotten that feel with someone from SH really being pushed to limit when Vergo fought a little with Sanji. I do hope for their rematch, not Sanji vs someone comepletly new that is waiting at Dressrosa. And Yes, I think it was too early to see some full blown fight with anyone from monster trio. But now is time. Not time for another excuse for no show-off like running from "killer" gas for god knows how many chapters.
    One Piece is not about fighting, I know this but at same time I really lack the feel of some real hard fights, strawhats cant be that strong so only Emperors crew would be real danger?
    Its hard to believe that 2 years of training can do that kind of miracle power up.
    Last edited by vagabond87; February 19, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

  21. #255
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

    Exactly the same Oda who write one piece since 15 years now. Whatever genious he is, when there is fight, the plot can't progress. So even if I agree that they are necessary for the epicness of the story, having one per character is for me to much especially for an intermediary arc. That's quite a dilemna, Oda has chosen to give all his characters some screentime when other mangaka focus only on the main character. That is something I like in One piece so far but with the crew increasing it has also become a drawback

New Reply
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts