Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Where is CP0?

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is CP0?

CP0 has not made an appearance since the flashbacks, when they proclaimed Doflamingo still king, and news of his abdication a mistake. The last time they were shown in real time was when they past Law, Robin, and Usopp. Where are they, what are they doing? After calming the population, could they have already left? CP0 works directly for the Tenryuubitou. If they were dispatched to protect Doflamingo, they are not doing a good job. Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or predictions about their role on Dressrosa?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where is CP0?

I assumed that they'd left immediately after resolving the issue with DD. I expect them to come into play during a later arc. With the deck stacked with the appearance of Big Mom, the Revolutionaries, the Marines, and DD, there wouldn't seem to be much wiggle room to give them any sort of attention.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I hardly think they feel the need to protect Doflamingo. Going by they conversation he had pre-TS with that government official, he's clearly not respected like the others. Summoning CP0 to help him out with the public was likely due to whatever Doflamingo has on the government. Otherwise they wouldn't bother helping him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea this is either a plothole or they will make an appearance soon

i am also a bit dissapointed that they were pumped up as so much more frightening than cp9 and yet they just dissapeared

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they were ordered to actually protect doflamingo to be honest. It is weird they would be sent to dressrosa just as messenger boys however actually protecting him seems to be outside their normal line of work (they are an intelligence unit, they probably deal with assassinations and espionage). They might have been ordered to cover up for anything doflamingo could be doing but even that would be strange. I would think it is more likely that they were sent to spy on doflamingo and figure out what he is up to. Then again they could be on orders from the tenryubuto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

plotting to reach the "core" that Sabo was talking about--which might lead to a confrontation between CPO and ROBIN.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

The country currently is in chaos, but I agree with most of the opinions that in this arc the CP0 are sort of the counter balance to the revolutionaries that are on Dressrosa currently, so when the revolutionary army makes some move that is unexpected, that is what CP0 will jump in. SO far Sabo going to the Underworld seems like a good start, but destroying the SMILE factory would probably be the trigger for CP0.

That^ or depending what they have to gain or lose in Dressrosa, I think CP0 is actually after the revolutionaries and are waiting for the right moment for them to come into the light.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Or they are here to prevent that any connection between DD's dirty work and the world government can be made. Destroying evidence or hindering anyone who wants to get to the "core" of all
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    Plothole? I don't think so. It's only been like 30-40 Chapters ago. It can't already be a plothole, Oda isn't that dumb (I hope so haha)
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy.

#TeamRebecca

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

i am also a bit dissapointed that they were pumped up as so much more frightening than cp9 and yet they just dissapeared
    Like many other characters (Yonko and some of the Shichibukai). Their time to be Straw Hats' enemies hasn't come yet. They are pretty big fish.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we may see them appear at the end of the arc in a similar fashion to Kuma, Garp, Big Mom, etc..

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't really agree with that. They report to the Tenryuubitou, even if their role in this arc has ended, they are bound to have a role to play later. At a minimum, they were introduced now for use later, rather than randomly introducing them when they have a bigger role to play. There really is no plot hole if they have left Dressrosa. Doflamingo is (or was) a Tenryuubitou, CP0 report to the Tenryuubitou. They were dispatched to help restore order after his abdication was reported. There job was not necessarily to protect him. They could have more of a role later in the arc. If they don't, it would not be plothole, or anything of the sort. It was a fine, organic, unforced way to introduce CP0 to the audience, without Oda overplaying his hand, saving some surprises for later in the manga.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Like many other characters (Yonko and some of the Shichibukai). Their time to be Straw Hats' enemies hasn't come yet. They are pretty big fish.
    I'm not entirely sure. They were last seen in chapter 705, passing a cafe near the bridge to Green-Bit, shortly before Doflamingo confronted Law and Fujitora. This implies they could have been guarding Doflamingo, waiting to intervene if he requested their aid. Or they could have been, on Doflamingo's orders, following Law. Maybe both. It wouldn't surprise me if they are nearby, awaiting orders, ready to intervene against Luffy's group, if Doflamingo needs help. Unlike typical Tenryuubitou, he's a capable fighter. He might have requested they keep there distance unless called on, out of pride.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A thought, could cp9's fruit powers have been man made fruit unbeknownst to them? All except the soap fruit could be man made zoans if you think about it meaning the world government probably have a "deal" with Doflamingo too.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. They were last seen in chapter 705, passing a cafe near the bridge to Green-Bit, shortly before Doflamingo confronted Law and Fujitora. This implies they could have been guarding Doflamingo, waiting to intervene if he requested their aid. Or they could have been, on Doflamingo's orders, following Law. Maybe both. It wouldn't surprise me if they are nearby, awaiting orders, ready to intervene against Luffy's group, if Doflamingo needs help. Unlike typical Tenryuubitou, he's a capable fighter. He might have requested they keep there distance unless called on, out of pride.
    Then who will fight them? Half of the crew is away. Usopp and Franky are down. Only Robin, Zoro and Luffy are left, all of them have their hands full - there are Doflamingo and his three top-tier subordinates to be defeated. It doesn't make sense for CP0 to step in now, as well.

New Reply