Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

Contrary to that, or rather in addition maybe, I think that Oda draws characters a bit more simple when they're introduced, so that there is room for improvement and development. Naturally from the very early stages to now his drawing should have gone better in general as well - not sure though if there is a connection to one of the arcs

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like so much the first drawings. Kind of a romantic feeling. There is that color spread from the early times that Oda commented, in the Color Walk 1, in a way that expresses that feeling

Comment translated by Ulrilra from AP:
    Quote Quote:
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami. The ones who started everything come together. That's kind of how I look at it.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 28, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I love that cover.
    But probably because they are my fave three characters, so...They make me nostalgic.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Redon from Pirateking here the full scans of the Vol 69, RAW version:

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=408831
    http://ryushare.com/4364c02f6e9c/One_Piece_v69.rar
    http://uploaded.net/file/zfadnshh/On...20Vol%2069.zip

And here some pics:

Monsters (the early story by Oda) is mentioned, and some other data about the Straw Hats, including the measures of Nami (98-58-88) and Robin (100-60-90).

Sorry Uriel, no measures of Luffy.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 01, 2013 at 06:17 AM.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Thanks to Redon from Pirateking here the full scans of the Vol 69, RAW version:

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=408831
    http://ryushare.com/4364c02f6e9c/One_Piece_v69.rar
    http://uploaded.net/file/zfadnshh/On...20Vol%2069.zip

And here some pics:

Monsters (the early story by Oda) is mentioned, and some other data about the Straw Hats, including the measures of Nami (98-58-88) and Robin (100-60-90).

Sorry Uriel, no measures of Luffy.
    Thanks Ukimix !
    Daaaaaamn. There are questions about Vergo, and it seems like somebody asked why food sticks to his face
    We need some translations asaaaaaap

I found some translations and nothing that contradicts with my Vergo-theory... so who knows

Source is Arlong Park forums
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Credits: CCC
    Source: APforums

Quick summary before we get a more detailed one from Greg:

p26
    -"I've got an announcement from Oda- he ate the EroEro no Mi!"
    -"Do you like breast bands?" (what Kin calls bras)
    -"Is Usopp's nose chikuwa [fish paste molded into long tubes]?" Usopp says, yes, it is.
    -Quiz- which one is Vergo from behind? Answer, from left to right, Vergo, Bon, Lulu.

p46
    -Comment on the comparison between Zoro's dragon-slaying and the scene in Wanted!'s "Monsters." Oda was 19 at the time; 38 now.
    -Nami read about a lightning island while on Weatheria. It's the same one that Urouge was last seen approaching.
    -

pg66
    -SHs' order of joining (someone asked about that), as well as the usual heights, ages, birthdays, sea of origin, and debut chapters

pg 86
    -Regarding Zoro, Kin, Sanji, and Brook's funny running style: It's called the Daba Daba Dash (Maybe a Flintstones connection? Oda doesn't say that though)
    -Kinemon's inspiration is an actor named Nakamura Kinosuke (a fan figured it out because his first name has parts from both Kinemon and Momonosuke).
    -What character takes longest to draw? Franky Shogun, but for humans, it's women with black hair, because of the technique needed to draw the black hair.

pg 106
    -Explicit content warning about SBS, from a reader
    -Q: Why didn't Caesar ask for Law's dick instead of his heart? A: Well first let's call it a "member" because that's more polite. Which would have more impact? Law holding a heart, or Law holding his member? And what if he had to give the Marines 100 members instead of 100 hearts? Well, then he'd be a member of the Shichinbukai [chinko = dick].
    -Q: Can Vergo coat his dick with busoushoku? A: That is a possibility. And as a man, that would be GREAT.
    -Smoker should have put Tashigi's bra on his head, just like Oda sensei.

pg 146
    -ID kids: Hannya, Magellan, Sadie, Saldeath, Domino
    -Lola after Sube Sube no Mi (Alvida's fruit)

pg 166
    -Vergo's breakfast every day is a burger/fries/strawberry shake set.
    -A whole bit about Robin and Nami's measurements, where Sanji comes in and tells us, and then Nami gets mad at him and Oda. The usual stupid stuff
    Last edited by vagabond87; March 01, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Thanks Ukimix !
    Daaaaaamn. There are questions about Vergo, and it seems like somebody asked why food sticks to his face
    We need some translations asaaaaaap

I found some translations and nothing that contradicts with my Vergo-theory... so who knows

Short summary of some questions by CCC from Arlong Park forums:

p26
    -"I've got an announcement from Oda- he ate the EroEro no Mi!"
    -"Do you like breast bands?" (what Kin calls bras)
    -"Is Usopp's nose chikuwa [fish paste molded into long tubes]?" Usopp says, yes, it is.
    -Quiz- which one is Vergo from behind? Answer, from left to right, Vergo, Bon, Lulu.

p46
    -Comment on the comparison between Zoro's dragon-slaying and the scene in Wanted!'s "Monsters." Oda was 19 at the time; 38 now.
    -Nami read about a lightning island while on Weatheria. It's the same one that Urouge was last seen approaching.
    -

pg66
    -SHs' order of joining (someone asked about that), as well as the usual heights, ages, birthdays, sea of origin, and debut chapters

pg 86
    -Regarding Zoro, Kin, Sanji, and Brook's funny running style: It's called the Daba Daba Dash (Maybe a Flintstones connection? Oda doesn't say that though)
    -Kinemon's inspiration is an actor named Nakamura Kinosuke (a fan figured it out because his first name has parts from both Kinemon and Momonosuke).
    -What character takes longest to draw? Franky Shogun, but for humans, it's women with black hair, because of the technique needed to draw the black hair.

pg 106
    -Explicit content warning about SBS, from a reader
    -Q: Why didn't Caesar ask for Law's dick instead of his heart? A: Well first let's call it a "member" because that's more polite. Which would have more impact? Law holding a heart, or Law holding his member? And what if he had to give the Marines 100 members instead of 100 hearts? Well, then he'd be a member of the Shichinbukai [chinko = dick].
    -Q: Can Vergo coat his dick with busoushoku? A: That is a possibility. And as a man, that would be GREAT.
    -Smoker should have put Tashigi's bra on his head, just like Oda sensei.

pg 146
    -ID kids: Hannya, Magellan, Sadie, Saldeath, Domino
    -Lola after Sube Sube no Mi (Alvida's fruit)

pg 166
    -Vergo's breakfast every day is a burger/fries/strawberry shake set.
    -A whole bit about Robin and Nami's measurements, where Sanji comes in and tells us, and then Nami gets mad at him and Oda. The usual stupid stuff

You're welcome Vaga. You should post a thread on your theory about Vergo, so that we can judge if there is no a contradiction or when it will be confirmed of probed to be false.

Could you give the reference of that translation? I would like to take a view.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! Those questions relating to dicks and abilities never get old for me. Now I can't unthink Law holding Smoker's penis member. But that would defeat the whole twist with Monet's heart being the one which Ceasar crashed, right? lmao

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Oh! Those questions relating to dicks and abilities never get old for me. Now I can't unthink Law holding Smoker's penis member. But that would defeat the whole twist with Monet's heart being the one which Ceasar crashed, right? lmao
    I wish I was living in Japan so I could ask Oda real questions, instead of questions about dicks and stuff, sometimes their questions make me cringe

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I wish I was living in Japan so I could ask Oda real questions, instead of questions about dicks and stuff, sometimes their questions make me cringe
    Do you think your questions would be chosen?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are chosen, they pick mostly those that are like that. Oda wont spoil anything in SBS beside some 3rd rate facts. He never did and most probably never will.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Those are chosen, they pick mostly those that are like that. Oda wont spoil anything in SBS beside some 3rd rate facts. He never did and most probably never will.
    Nah there's some good questions sometimes, like for example that question about Luffy's COC and Shanks's COC in the SBS Volume 65
    But there's a redundancy in the SBS, especially those questions about Nami's measurements, and pervert stuff... Okay we get it, Nami's got some huge boobs, let's move on...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah there's some good questions sometimes, like for example that question about Luffy's COC and Shanks's COC in the SBS Volume 65
    But there's a redundancy in the SBS, especially those questions about Nami's measurements, and pervert stuff... Okay we get it, Nami's got some huge boobs, let's move on...
    Yea, there are some usefull stuff that completes knowledge that we have from reading manga but right now last SBS seems like "ero-joke-heavy".
    I dont have hope for any nice info in this volume. When Ill get to see some more of it translated on Arlong Park forums I will put it here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my Volume 69 today (very fast this time XD).

Super-HQ cover, scanned by redon.

Give credits, please ^^

20. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Cutest Bunny 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Easter Bunny's Avatar
    Country
    Christmas Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Member Zone Easter Is Coming...

Hello dear members of MH, a quick post to invite you take part in the Easter Egg Hunt:

Click on the image or follow this link to sign up. Hope to see you there~

EB

New Reply
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast