Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

I never got that ! lol thanks, so i guess we'll call it a foreshadow for a future destination where people chased those birds

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ey, I'm quitting with posting OP spoilers for a while. (Now I want to read OP chapters with out reading spoilers.) I just wanted to let you know. ;-)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please no. I am in mexico for the next 2 weeks for my job. My signal is horrible out here and it takes forever fprmy page to load. I look forward ro ur Tuesday morning spoiler
    Please don't stop...well at least for tje next 2 weeks...I am begging

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Please no. I am in mexico for the next 2 weeks for my job. My signal is horrible out here and it takes forever fprmy page to load. I look forward ro ur Tuesday morning spoiler
    I'm sure there will be someone else to post them.

@ukimix
    Wise decision! I stopped doing that years ago and it improved my reading experience.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Don't worry. Sure someone else will post them.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will close the spoiler threads until ukimix posts the spoilers again

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: One Piece Tribute to Master Roshi show

11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Very likely Mangerule will close their scanlation, and CCC will quit his translations in some weeks. Sad news to OP followers, in losing the best translation available in the web nowadays.
    Just to clarify this again, Mangarule will not close down and CCC will not stop translating, at least not in the near future

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duende_(mythology)

the dwarves are modeled on this

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thinks that Bellamy would actually be a way better Heart Pirate than a Strawhat?

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Burgess si going to get the Mera Mera fruit. THe Blackbeards and the Strawhats will duke it out in the end. The will be perfect matches for each other. Sanji is damn bear a fruit user with all his fire based attacks and Burgess will be the perfect opponent

Luffy vs Blackbeard
    Zoro vs Shiliew(the blackbeards will take out the Whitebeards, thus killing Jozu and Shiliew getting his fruit
    Sanji vs Flame fist Burgess
    Robin vs the San Juan (Robin can make huge hands and feet thus she is a perfect match
    Usopp vs Van Auger(both snipers and I have a strange feeling they will get Vander Dekkens ability)
    Nami vs Caterina Devon(Nami is matched up with a girl)
    Brook vs Doc Q( Both guys epithet and their abilities sort of revolve around death, So the 2 dead mean duke it out
    Frankie vs Pizarro(Seems like a good match up
    Chopper vs Stronger(I definitely think Stronger is going to get a DF)
    Jinbe vs Vasco shot(Fishman Karate vs Drunking Fist.......Possibly
    The new Strawhat vs Lafite(Lafite will get Marco's Phoenix ability)
    Last edited by chess4; July 13, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    700 or 800 is not the issue. My point is that One Piece length has become a weakness for possible new readers who don't want to invest themselves in 70 volumes series and god knows how many more.
    I know "everyone is entitled to his/her opinion" but you really shouldn't make such a big deal about other people probably not wanting to invest themselves into long-term series. Oda is about to sell 300 million tankobon copies, and nothing is pointing towards One Piece's popularity going downhill ... There's plenty that do as the early tankobon are still reprinted and sold. Even the expensive German versions.

You're putting your opinion over the general positive mood towards the current chapters here on MH, the Jump ToC votes, and the official selling numbers.

I myself don't want to start some long series and I read a lot of mangas.
    Then don't do it. No one is forced to begin or continue reading One Piece - or any other of the "lot of mangas" you read. It's your decision as others may think and choose differently.

World building shall not take more importance than Luffy story itself and that is what happening with this tournament.
    All that world building is of importance because it builds around Luffy's story and adds the little spice that made One Piece unique and successful.

I could have lived with not knowing a kingdom with a King punch or all the otther block B guys which name I have already forgot.
    How should have Oda then made clear what power Bartolomeo has? By that cheap Fishman Karate punch of Hack? Or revealing it out of a plothole in a possible clash against Luffy?

The reappearance of past characters is much more interesting in my opinion. In that sense, Norland being the dwarves hero was for me 100 time more interesting than all these 'world building' info.
    So you want One Piece New World only to base and consists of all that was already shown in Eastblue and Paradise. Now that would be plain boring.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    I know "everyone is entitled to his/her opinion" but you really shouldn't make such a big deal about other people probably not wanting to invest themselves into long-term series. Oda is about to sell 300 million tankobon copies, and nothing is pointing towards One Piece's popularity going downhill ... There's plenty that do as the early tankobon are still reprinted and sold. Even the expensive German versions.
    Those other people are some of my friends that's why it annoys me. I don't care about Oda benefits.
    Quote Quote:
    You're putting your opinion over the general positive mood towards the current chapters here on MH, the Jump ToC votes, and the official selling numbers.
    Recently I only criticized the tournament. I was very happy with the recent chapters. And yes I put my opinion above others because it is what I think, doesn't everyone do that or shall I be a robot that do what others tell me ? And for your information, I'm not the only one who doesn't like this tournament.

Quote Quote:
    Then don't do it. No one is forced to begin or continue reading One Piece - or any other of the "lot of mangas" you read. It's your decision as others may think and choose differently.
    Quoting myself: My point is that One Piece length has become a weakness for possible new readers who don't want to invest themselves in 70 volumes series.
    Quote Quote:
    All that world building is of importance because it builds around Luffy's story and adds the little spice that made One Piece unique and successful.

So you want One Piece New World only to base and consists of all that was already shown in Eastblue and Paradise. Now that would be plain boring.
    I find this kind of world building artificially extends a story that doesn't need it. I'm happy with discovering new islands which makes more in term of world building than all those cameo of characters.

And from the 3 manga with tournament that I read recently (Fairy Tail, One Piece, Nanatsu), One Piece is for me the weakest. Yes even Fairy Tail one despite being cliche after cliche was more interesting !
    Last edited by k-dom; July 17, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree to some extent. The only thing that keeps me from disliking this tournament is the possibility that Oda will make use of those characters later or that they'll gain some sort of revelance later on.
    And I like some of the designs. Other than that, I feel a little bored, since this week's chapter for example didn't move the plot forward at all.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I agree to some extent. The only thing that keeps me from disliking this tournament is the possibility that Oda will make use of those characters later or that they'll gain some sort of revelance later on.
    And I like some of the designs. Other than that, I feel a little bored, since this week's chapter for example didn't move the plot forward at all.
    To be fair, look at Naruto. Naruto is without a doubt if you see the stats, one of the most successful mangas of all time.
    It's not been a case where the plot was moved forward each and every week a chapter got released.

So on the few occasions the plot doesn't move quickly in One Piece I can't see why it's too much of a problem. I can't see other mangas hitting the 700+ Chapter mark and still having the plot remain at a constant pace.

New Reply
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast