Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanji a big dissapointment?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji a big dissapointment?

We have seen a couple of fights of sanji and I think he was struggling. First against vergo he fractured his leg and to think his leg would lose against another! And also sanjis diable jambe (something along those lines) was blocked by a doflamingos LEG!!!! So to think sanji is losing against leg fights is a big dissapointment.
    Also luffy can beat a pacifista with one jet pistol but he couldnt beat caesar with it?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sanji a big dissapointment?

May I remind you that Sanji, too, destroyed the neck of a Pacifista.
    Also, during the Marineford battle, Doffy blocked Crocodile's Hook with the same leg which blocked Sanji's attack.

The Cook is absolutly not weak. It's just that the two real last opponents he had were overpowered for the 3rd SH in term of power.
    Vergo had a monstruous Haki and Doffy should have the same, maybe even better.

When we'll return on the Sunny side, Sanji will have his Shining moment, don't worry about that.
    But understand that now, he can travel faster than any SH thanks to the "Skywalk" so he'll be on the spot before Luffy or Zorro. And without him, what would have happened to the Sunny when Doffy came to kill them all?
    And this is one of the nicest panels of the Arc until now (IMO).

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sproumfch View Post
    May I remind you that Sanji, too, destroyed the neck of a Pacifista.
    Also, during the Marineford battle, Doffy blocked Crocodile's Hook with the same leg which blocked Sanji's attack.

The Cook is absolutly not weak. It's just that the two real last opponents he had were overpowered for the 3rd SH in term of power.
    Vergo had a monstruous Haki and Doffy should have the same, maybe even better.

When we'll return on the Sunny side, Sanji will have his Shining moment, don't worry about that.
    But understand that now, he can travel faster than any SH thanks to the "Skywalk" so he'll be on the spot before Luffy or Zorro. And without him, what would have happened to the Sunny when Doffy came to kill them all?
    And this is one of the nicest panels of the Arc until now (IMO).
    I never said he is weak! As I said beating a pacifista is no big deal after TS. Its just that sanji losing in terms of leg power is a bit dissapointing. Maybe he was rushing a bit cuz he wanted to save nami...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MMolch's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neevan View Post
    I never said he is weak! As I said beating a pacifista is no big deal after TS. Its just that sanji losing in terms of leg power is a bit dissapointing. Maybe he was rushing a bit cuz he wanted to save nami...
    Zoro is losing against Fujitora in terms of swordsmanship. Dissapointing ...

not.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji did hit Vergo more times. It was just that Vergo body is very hard thanks to his Haki.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMolch View Post

not.
    Did he lose against swordsmanship? Fujitora blocks zoros attacks and then push zoro into the ground thats it, zoro was far from done.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMolch View Post

not.
    Yeah.. and Zoro walked away from that incident without a scratch. A far cry from what's happened anytime they've come toe to toe with an admiral in the past.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda really should let him defeat someone who isn't a fodder. If Sanji were still on Dressrosa, I think he'd do great against Trebol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanji isn't weak, he is just missing an epic moment. Zoro got one at Thriller Bark which showed his dedication to Luffy and levels of tolerance he can achieve. Big Mama attack would have to do something with it.

Breaking Pacifista's neck is a bad example, since Zoro was a part of the attack too. But Sanji vs Vergo, Even Law struggled initially, so did Smoker. Sanji did land some neat hits on him before feeling an impact.
    Against DoFlamingo, comeon, even Zoro cannot be shown to beat him, Luffy has to be the man to take him down. Also, Doflamingo's DF ability gave him an aerial advantage.

Sanji's moment will be on fending off Big Mama, just wait and see, I believe have his moment of glory now.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sanji plans on going through the New World without using his hands to fight. He will suffer... but that time has not come yet.

Answering the FP, yes he's shit.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

So far he is, but let wait and see what will he do against big mom crew.

About him defeating Pacifista, he used his strongest attack ( Diable Jambe).

Hope that he will do better against big mom crew.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Oda really should let him defeat someone who isn't a fodder. If Sanji were still on Dressrosa, I think he'd do great against Trebol.
    I agree. I'm not quite sure who's gonna fight Trebol now anyways.

Sanji was never portrayed as weak but Oda gives ALL the really epic scenes to Zoro. We don't even know how Zoro would've done against Doflamingo/Vergo because he had weaker opponents so far. Expect for Fujitora but his encounter with Fujitora was similar to the Sanji/Doflamingo encounter.

I really really really hope Oda pulls it off and everybody will be sorry for doubting Sanji.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    I agree. I'm not quite sure who's gonna fight Trebol now anyways.

Sanji was never portrayed as weak but Oda gives ALL the really epic scenes to Zoro. We don't even know how Zoro would've done against Doflamingo/Vergo because he had weaker opponents so far. Expect for Fujitora but his encounter with Fujitora was similar to the Sanji/Doflamingo encounter.

I really really really hope Oda pulls it off and everybody will be sorry for doubting Sanji.
    Who knows? Maybe the monster trio has something hidden up their sleeve. Maybe if law didnt interrupt then sanji might have done anything or not!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Sanji a big dissapointment?

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Sanji isn't weak, he is just missing an epic moment. Zoro got one at Thriller Bark which showed his dedication to Luffy and levels of tolerance he can achieve. Big Mama attack would have to do something with it.
    I hope ppl aren't forgetting that Sanji also put himself forward and that Zoro stole the epicness.
    Oda did that to show that practically each and every member would give their life for Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Breaking Pacifista's neck is a bad example, since Zoro was a part of the attack too.
    Also here, Zoro's attack had nothing to do with the Pacifista's neck breaking. The attacks happened at the exact same time so Oda was rather cheaply showing that both Sanji and Zoro could one-shot a Pacifista whilst trying to tie in a bit of comic relief at the same time. It wasn't that epic at all I agree with you on that one.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; August 24, 2014 at 03:28 PM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    We don't even know how Zoro would've done against Doflamingo/Vergo because he had weaker opponents so far. Expect for Fujitora but his encounter with Fujitora was similar to the Sanji/Doflamingo encounter.
    Pica is stronger then vergo
    Sanji was heavely wounded by don flamingo.
    Zoro wasnt hurt by the admiral, when he had huge gravitiy on him, he threw an airslash forcing the admiral to back off
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/730/9
    Sanji isnt as strong as luffy or zoro since the time skip.
    Im afraid we cant really speak anymore of a monster ''trio'' , but monster duo sounds alright now.
    Last edited by DutchPhoenix; August 25, 2014 at 06:26 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast