Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONE PIECE MEGA CONVO THREAD

My feeling is that Dressrosa will be an action heavy arc, with exposition coming only at the beginning, and end. If you look at their objectives, the story lends itself to fighting, not world building. Law intends to invade Dressrosa, along with the Strawhats, and destroy the Smile factory. They inevitably will also rescue Kin's comrade. Most of the Donquixote Pirates remain on Dressrosa. They all have to be defeated in order for the Allies to proceed. Much of the plot was established at Punk Hazard, once the Smile factory is destroyed I presume a break in the action will be needed, as Law explains and then initiates the third step in his plan.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but we are wondering how this action will be handled.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I would bet for strawhats being pushed back in fights, even if its a little and even if they win at the end they will show their strenght at dresrossa.
    On Fishman island we have seen Elephant Gattling, Rengoku Onigiri and Hell Memories- I suspect monster trio have at least one attack above those techniques they showed us then. Zoro has stronger version of Ashura, Luffy has to have some gomu gomu no artillery kind of move with his red hawk being shot like gattling and Sanji probably developed blue flames that would go along with his All Blue dream.
    Thats only mine speculations.. I want to see at least glimpse of those new amazing techniques from those so they can be later fully used against top dogs from Kaido crew- people that should be in league with Whitebeard commanders- or some strong New World brokers. Somehow I still think that they are not ready to win with any Emperor.
    Crucial will be how well they will do against Doflamingo himself and if Oda will try to suggest us anything going with Aokiji vs Doflamingo fight, even if its not big fight it would be great to see their actual exchange of attacks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member llmcduff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems a lot of the bigshots in the nw have a way to easily travel over water. I want to see the sh have this, especially the big 3. Maybe luffy can be like a deflating balloon.. haha or mold himself into some kind of floatation device and float on water. Sanji can jump through the air all day. Zoro? Maybe he can just swim.. a coffin would be lame since that is taken.
    Me hungry!!! Or is it, Me Grimlock? I don't remember.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Color spread of chapter 699, chinese version in HQ, thanks to Redon from AP

---------- Post added February 22, 2013 at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was February 20, 2013 at 04:34 PM ----------

The colur spread and the cover of the WSJ in really HQ. Thanks to Redon from Pirateking for the pics:

That haki looks more dangeous than Vergo's.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it might does not belong here but... Why can't I post into the spoiler threads for chapter 700? I have some FREAKING HOT INFORMATION! Top quality. You better all get ready, because not everyone has a strong enough heart for what's comin' tomorow..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    Sorry, it might does not belong here but... Why can't I post into the spoiler threads for chapter 700? I have some FREAKING HOT INFORMATION! Top quality. You better all get ready, because not everyone has a strong enough heart for what's comin' tomorow..
    Because of the rules. It's always important to read the OP.

Quote Quote:
    Posting Rules:
    • This thread will remain locked until valid spoilers are available.
    • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a member of the staff with powers in that section to unlock this thread. Please include the spoilers and links to the source.
    • This thread is for spoiler pics and summaries only. Please head to this thread for discussion.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 26, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    Be sure they are verified first, and link to a legitimate source. We do not allow fake spoilers at MH, and will not knowingly open a thread a spoiler thread without confirmation. Short of Arlong Park, or direct from 2CH (including tripcode), we are unlikely to open the spoiler threads. Feel free to PM one of the globals, or other admin. I do not read spoilers, please do not PM me.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 26, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Fun new feature beginning this week in Viz Media's English edition of Weekly Shonen Jump: Author's Comments.

Starting this issue, they're including little notes from the mangaka on the recap/summary page for each WSJ series. Titles from sister publications, like One-Punch Man and Blue Exorcist, don't have these.

Weekly Shonen Jump: Feb 25, 2013 Issue

One Piece, Chapter 699: Morning Edition
    Eiichiro Oda: After five years on the job, my editor, Hattori, is leaving me. Thanks so much. And now I'm back with Onishi!

Toriko, Gourmet 223: Targeted Chefs!!
    Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro: The one-shot Mukomizu-kun that appeared in issue 11 [in Japan] was great! Hurry up and get serialized!

Naruto, Number 621: Hashirama and Madara
    Masashi Kishimoto: Our beloved cat has become really spoiled lately. It refuses to eat the diet foods...

Nisekoi: False Love, Chapter 63: Afterwards
    Naoishi Komi: My father managed to get a Nisekoi Fumo Fumo Soine Strap [Nisekoi Cozy Sleeping Pillow Cell Phone Strap]. (Embarassed)

Bleach 527. Eliminate From Heaven
    Tite Kubo: Ran into fellow manga artist Oishi and he gave me Dragon Quest VII as a gift. Why...?

World Trigger, Chapter 3: Yuma Kuga: Part 2
    Daisuke Ashihara: I'm shorthanded on assistants, so temporary support staff helps me every week. I'm grateful...

Cross Manage, Chapter 22: Exciting Study Camp
    KAITO: I bought an alarm clock. A really loud one. It woke up my assistants sleeping in the other room, but not me...
    This is Onishi:

This is Hattori:

Thanks to Redon from Pirateking for the pics.

About the job of the editors in the production of OP, you can read here.
    Last edited by ukimix; February 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Back with Onishi means he worked in the production of OP before, no? If so, which saga/arc was it that he oversaw?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Back with Onishi means he worked in the production of OP before, no? If so, which saga/arc was it that he oversaw?
    If i remember correctly, it was from 2006-2008 but ukimix probably has the exact time span.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this post from APforums, by Sandman:

Quote Quote:
    Successive ONE PIECE editors

Takanori Asada (1997-April 2001)
    Takahiro Habuta (April 2001-February 2005)
    Watanabe (February 2005-October 2006)
    Naoki Kawashima (October 2006-November 2007)
    Kouhei Onishi (November 2007-June 2008)
    Akira Jean-Baptiste Hattori (June 2008-December 2010)
    Takeru Isaka (December 2010-)

At present, Isaka takes charge of ONE PIECE manga and Hattori takes charge of ONE PIECE animation, game, goods etc.
    It's a bit confused, because the note in the previous post seems to be talking about the manga (it came in the WSJ). But also it's possible that the list provided by Sandman didn't count the last editor. I will search a bit. Possibly Redon could give us a hand here.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Maybe some of you doesn't know the production process of a chapter, every week. This an example of the schedule

Credis for the pics: Giamini from Ritual Scan Forge.

Since it's in french, maybe k-dom or Lord Rayleigh can provide a translation of the schedule.

According to Redon (from Pirateking), Oda goes 2 chapters forward with respect to the current published chapter.
    Last edited by ukimix; March 14, 2013 at 08:40 AM.

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Here the videos with the production process of One Piece chapters, it´s from February 2011.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ya1iw5
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yy5ro1

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Discovererman from reddit made this nice pic in which Straw hats and other faces are shown as they have been drawn with the years:

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the art improved shortly after the Enies Lobby arc, in the post-Enies Lobby arc it sort of seems closer to how Oda draws stuff now. Of course after the time skip was the more evident change.

New Reply
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast