Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 875

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

  1. #511
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    So one time is enough to be called fan service manga !! With such low condition I understand better where your "all" comes from.
    Are you even reading AK? I just gave one example. Bitch-sensei kissing school boy, school girls in swimsuits, Koro being weak to porn magazines. That's definitely not one time, but actually pretty formulaic.

    About HxH: Zazan wasn't fan service? Baise's 180-Minute Love Slave? Cluck's costume? Geru's overly large cleavage? Please... that's so not "no fan service".

    About Toriko: Rin isn't actually wearing high-necked clothes, is she? Love's appearance after using Sei Pheromones? Yeah, only "one time".
    Last edited by hoeru; September 01, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

  2. #512
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    FMA is the only anime I can think of without fan service, of the ones I have seen.
    Does Winry on the bathtub counts?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  3. #513
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Are you even reading AK? I just gave one example. Bitch-sensei kissing school boy, school girls in swimsuits, Koro being weak to porn magazines. That's definitely not one time, but actually pretty formulaic.

    About HxH: Zazan wasn't fan service? Baise's 180-Minute Love Slave? Cluck's costume? Geru's overly large cleavage? Please... that's so not "no fan service".

    About Toriko: Rin isn't actually wearing high-necked clothes, is she? Love's appearance after using Sei Pheromones? Yeah, only "one time".
    Fan service is not the reason for their success and they don't rely on it to make sales, maybe one shall remember the point of this discussion. Especially when in Toriko and Assassination classroom the art is rather anti fanservice. A girl in swimsuit every now and then cannot be called selling sex.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #514
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Fan service is not the reason for their success and they don't rely on it to make sales, maybe one shall remember the point of this discussion. Especially when in Toriko and Assassination classroom the art is rather anti fanservice. A girl in swimsuit every now and then cannot be called selling sex.
    *cough* doublestandards *cough*

  6. #515
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    No different standard that someone who remembers every girl apparition...

  7. #516
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Oh boy...
    It might be shocking, but there actually are girls with big breasts! If you don't believe me, just go outside. Seriously, it seems like anything remotely sexual, a kiss, bare skin, is considered fanservice. Should girls swim with pants and a shirt on? That's just dumb. There is bound to be some 'sex' in a manga, as it's like...you know...part of us kinda? But as long as you don't squeeze tits and asses into every cover in order to attract readers and make money with fanservice like Fairytail does, I don't see a problem with it.

    Oda draws girls like this, because it's easy. Didn't he say that once? You guys should know.
    Also, it depends on how you present it. In Bleach you have boobs talking because they take up the whole panel man.

  8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #517
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    No different standard that someone who remembers every girl apparition...
    Google and Wikia are my memories. It's not a big deal to use both and to find out that your hypothesis that those manga don't use erotic fan service is overly wrong. But you may go on and deceive yourself by laying back on "arts".

    Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    It might be shocking, but there actually are girls with big breasts!
    I'm used to them. But I'm not as ignorant to say "my favorite serieses do not have any fan service." just to bash other series.

  10. #518
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Who bashes what ? I'm just saying that your arguments all successful shonen manga sells thanks to sex by giving titles which are successful without. I'm sorry but you will never me believe that Toriko sales thanks to a few apparitions of the only girl in low-neck.
    And yes art has to be taken into account. Adachi is making 'fan service' shot, but given his art is it really fan service or rather his typical breaking of the 4th wall jokes ?

  11. #519
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Calm down guys, let's keep this fanservice topic restricted to One Piece. I understand the desire to compare different "fanservices" with the one present in One Piece, but that leads down to a perilous road of off topic and potential flame

    Also on the topic...it would be good to note that relying on fanservice for sales, and "selling sex" as a natural part of any title are two different things...

    ---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Who bashes what ? I'm just saying that your arguments all successful shonen manga sells thanks to sex by giving titles which are successful without. I'm sorry but you will never me believe that Toriko sales thanks to a few apparitions of the only girl in low-neck.
    And yes art has to be taken into account. Adachi is making 'fan service' shot, but given his art is it really fan service or rather his typical breaking of the 4th wall jokes ?
    I think this is where the misunderstanding comes from...

    I never once thought that hoeru meant that all successful mangas are successful because of fanservice...he just said that every manga has fanservice...

    I think it would be productive to establish what "sells sex" means, because that's where this debate started from, because clearely for some it means that a manga has fanservice, and for others it means that it sells because of the fanservice...

  12. #520
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) still here
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    and "selling sex" as a natural part of any title are two different things...
    That's the important distinction.

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 02, 2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Firm but Fair

  13. #521
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA - USA
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    @Fox666

    You cant call one bath scene as fan service. FMA is the most decent anime series around. Any other series, the bathtub would be on her boobs...


    anyways, limiting it to the original discussion on one piece, i guess it isnt as bad as the other series, but its still unnecessary

    ---------- Post added September 08, 2013 at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was September 03, 2013 at 01:44 AM ----------

    Todays anime episode still left mononosuke's hallucination murky....

    but it did sound more like do flamingo. Also, with Jora's team looking for him, it could be something happened between him and DoFla
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

  14. #522
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Colombia
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    This cover from this week, with out advertisement, thanks to cbajd5 from AP


  15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #523
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    I don't think there is a problem with fan service at all, I don't see where the dislike of it comes from. I enjoy it as long as its not overdone and unrealistic (looking at you Kenichi), too much of anything can take its toll on you. I like fairy tails amount of fan service, and I love FMA's amount too. I like the fact that we have a mixture of less/more fanservice. Sorry just had to state that.

    In One Piece, I have no problem with the fan service because One Piece does not focus on it all the time, its here and there. I did like the one with Kalifa back in the CP9 arc, but its about the journey and the crew just being together is like a family that you just love to see even on there more mundane days. The only thing I really noticed about One Piece's fan service is how much bigger Nami's breasts are then when she was first introduced. But I have no problem with it because she is still Nami, and the fan service isn't taking over the character, and I don't think Oda would ever let that happen.

    Besides like Googlez_Kun stated above there are girls with actual big breasts in the world, some people seem to complain when an anime/cartoon girl has big breasts but some people have larger breasts in reality. So its what it is I guess.

  17. #524
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    Guys look at this special 3DS that will come with the new OP game on japan
    Spoiler show

    Spoiler: The red one sure looks awesome '-' show

  18. #525
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

    That ds cover is pretty badass, nice find.

New Reply
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts