Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Weekend Hero novel thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekend Hero novel thread

/crossposted from Tumblr. I'm harezora there~

It's a long time since I've posted at this forum (damn school) but now I'm here to contribute somehow with this thread >.<

I just bought the Traditional Chinese version of the Weekend Hero novel (Japanese version released November 2011) and I'm surprised to see no information or translation of it so far.

I'm intending to translate it from my copy although it would be Chinese -> English because there was a demand for it. Can't guarantee my rate since it's the first time I'm translating a novel though. So far I have 1.5K words for the Yukio chapter done...

There are five original stories focusing on Yukio, Izumo, Bon, Shiemi and Mephisto. Katou-sensei also illustrates although it's in sketch style and says: Due to being busy from work, the illustrations are only a few messy pencil sketches and (I am) extremely sorry. in the afterword.

The illustrations are still so pretty though. The links link to photos of the various illustrations from my Tumblr since IDK how to format forum stuff much.

1 & 2: Weekend Hero, starring junior high Yukio. The first illustration of the twins and Shirou is just too precious *A*
    3 & 4: I Want To Dance The Tango With You, starring Izumo. I didn’t know the Chinese translation of tango and the title baffled me until I looked it up. Look forward to Izumo being tsundere I guess.
    5 & 6: Troubled Monk, starring Bon, Shima and Konekomaru. Bon seems to be troubled over a letter…
    8: Okumura Rin Rescue Team, starring the Exwires I think, according to the second illustration. There’s some competition going on?
    9 & 10: Pheles-sama’s Serene Day, starring Mephisto. The first illustration is hilarious and I think Mephisto’s day is totally not serene. 8D

Inner flap introducing Katou Kazue and Yajima Aya aka the novel writer
    Translation:
    Spoiler show

Chapter 1: Weekend Hero (28/54 pages done)
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Mysterious_Kaitou; September 07, 2012 at 09:40 PM.

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekend Hero novel thread

It's fine; I've been a crappy mod for this section due to school ending and starting up. (Damn you summer school! *shakes fist* )

I do recall the Weekend Hero novel being announced and some spoilers, but we never got any further info.

I'd be delighted to read the stories though! Looking forward to the Yukio one (yay, a story about him before his character arc which consists of him getting mind-molested by a freak!) and the Mephisto one (we don't hear enough about him, and DAYUM that SKETCH!)
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even see any spoilers at all, but I think I was too busy being on practicum around that time. Actually I'll be having another practicum tomorrow, so I'll try to finish the first part of the chapter (Yukio in school plus one mission before going home to the church) first.

Yeah, it's definitely refreshing to see a story on Yukio not as troubled as he is now. I've just skimmed through the Mephisto chapter and it seems to be about him surfing the internet a lot because I see lots of different font and emotes XD

---------- Post added August 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2012 at 07:27 PM ----------

First part of Chapter 1 done! (:
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 08, 2012 at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM ----------

Second part of Chapter 1 done!
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Mysterious_Kaitou; August 26, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so cool I didn't know about it at all! Is it gonna be released in an english version anyone know?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually light novels don't get English translations. For example, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! has 3 light novels but none are translated into English. D.Gray-man's 2 novels are not translated either, so the only translations are by fans The only English translated light novel I've ever read was Death Note: Another Note :/

I'd say chances are really low for these novels to have an English version...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Weazul's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious_Kaitou View Post
    Usually light novels don't get English translations. For example, Katekyo Hitman Reborn! has 3 light novels but none are translated into English. D.Gray-man's 2 novels are not translated either, so the only translations are by fans The only English translated light novel I've ever read was Death Note: Another Note :/

I'd say chances are really low for these novels to have an English version...
    we are getting more light novels out in English... but in most of those cases they are light novels that were the original versions of something, like the Haruhi light novels and Spice & Wolf light novels Yen Press is releasing. light novels that are based off of an existing anime or manga are pretty rare, tho. offhand outside of the Death Note light novels (both the prequel one and the one based on the live action L movie) I can only think of the FullMetal Alchemist light novels, Code Geass ones, and Blood+ ones (minus the prequel one, which they had planned to release but dropped, I freaked out like heck when my preorder for it got canceled) getting released in English when it comes to light novels based off existing media. there's a far better selection of light novels in English if you look for the stuff where the light novels are the original or there is no anime/manga adaption.

... wait... we have the Ico novel, too, which is based on the game so I'm not sure if you want to count that or not.

but it is kind of sad. there's some light novels based off manga/anime I'd love to actually be able to read. I swear, I'd crap my pants with excitement if I could get my hands on any kind of English translation of the Black Cat sequel novel. altho I have to admit I'm enough of a bibliophile I'd love to see more Japanese novels translated into English in general. (and I've completely raged when an English translation got canned before completion.)

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreeing with how light novels in English are usually the original light novels. Actually I never really buy the official English versions of anything (only a few of them) because I can buy the Chinese versions which have a wider selection and is cheaper (or the Japanese versions if it's unlikely to get translated such as anthologies). It's quite sad to see this and I hope the situation of this improves...

Chapter 1 Part 3 is done! It took quite a while because I was sick and I had lots of practicum tasks >.<

Spoiler show

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS TRANSLATION PROJECT HASN'T DIED although I almost did from school and assignments. I hope to finish this by next year ;A;

Part 4
    Spoiler show

Part 5
    Spoiler show

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

pic number 8 link is broken ?