Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: How did you start to read/watch Naruto?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you start to read/watch Naruto?

Hmm.... let's see I was about 7 years old, I think and I saw Naruto on Tv, it was before my fav cartoon. At first I didn't like Naruto but then I started watching it because there was nothing good on tv =))

I became pretty obsessed and I searched for all the episodes beacuse on Tv I only saw from ep.1 to before Naruto meets Jiraya. After about 2 years or so I discovered Shippuden but there were just a few episodes.

I don't know when I started to read manga but it was shortly after I began watching Shippuden so I was like 9 years old. All that I remember was that my sister read it for me and translated it and now I read it alone for like 3 years.

I kind of grew up with Naruto and I will be pretty sad when it will end but nothing lasts forever
    So that is all about me. How about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you start to read/watch Naruto?

As a kid I always liked watching all kinds of cartoons like Spiderman, Hulk, Iron-Man, Thundercats etc.

Later they started to mix in stuff like Dragon Ball and Inuyasha into the programm, which I enjoyed even more.

Then at some point we got One Piece in germany and I instantly became a huge fan... once again some time later we also got Naruto, but after watching a few episodes I wasn't realy interested into it, mostly because here in germany we get ridiculous censorship and voice-acting, which kind of ruins pretty much every anime.

For example I remember when Naruto was in the hospital the characters weren't even allowed to say "Naruto got hurt" and instead it got replaced with some shit like "The enemies have weakened Naruto!" Needless to say scenes like Zabuza's death where simply cut out, leaving you with awkward "what the fuck did even happen!?" moments. just terrible...

One Piece was still kind of ok because at least it had the freakish humor left, but Naruto realy suffered from this.

Regardless of that I still had a buddy who was all like "One Piece is shit! Naruto is the awesome stuff!" and we would always argue about it. At some point he ran out of Episodes from TV so he started to watch Shippuuden on his computer (which at that time didn't even reach germany yet), in japanese with english subs.

A little later we moved in together for a year, so sometimes I was seeing him watching Naruto. One evening I just sat down next to him while he was watching 4 Tails Kyuubi Naruto vs. Orochimaru. I had to admit it was much better then I would have thought, but still wasn't realy convinced... although naturally it was much much more enjoyable then the maimed german version.

Anyway, whenever I start watching or reading something I want to know how it continues... but my buddy was always like "one episode per day is enough..."

So I turned on my own computer to watch the conclusion of the fight... and then got into a chain of cliffhangers which forced me to watch one episode after another (the fact that I already was up to date with One Piece and always had to wait a week for some new material also contributed to this). Then I reached the Hidan and Kakuzu arc... and I was like "lol... those guys a freakin awesome!"

Shortly after that I started watching/reading Naruto legitimately... while my buddy stoped because he started to think it sucks (lol).

The strange part is I'am actually not that much of a Naruto-Fan... sure, I enjoy the story and look forward to every new chapter on wednesday, but I'am not anticipating it nearly as much as One Piece and Fairy Tail... yet pretty much all of my activity on Mangahelpers is here on the Naruto section... lol

Why? I actually have no clue to be honest... I just remember comming here as a complete noob regarding forum-communities and opening some Shikamaru vs. MS Sasuke topic in 2009... and got myself into a slight flame war with people like Ninjabot and Princesasuke, which even got me a minor warning (once again lol).

But despite that I actually enjoyed those heated conversations... so I guess thats what made me stay here
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 30, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you start to read/watch Naruto?

Thx you for your reply, interesting story

It's so anoying when they cut out scenes. I remember when I saw on tv the ep when jiraya meets Naruto I was so disapointed because they cut almost half of the ep and the voices were really anoying. I, for example I find the english voices also anoying I always watched and will watch Naruto in japanese
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

New Reply