Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 488 Discussion / 489 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 488 Discussion / 489 Predictions

Last edited by BASED Shinigami; August 31, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 488 Discussion / 489 Predictions

Wow, not activity whatsoever in this forum lately. What ever happened to the fans?

Anyways, this was an enjoyable chapter for me. Ukita got his ass handed to him as expected but the more interesting part was about the dou thing. Up to this point we wouldn't have assumed there was anything wrong with being a dou user but seeing miu it does seem to have some weird side effects. Miu has always been a dou user but it seems that now she is losing hand of her ki and lets herself be driven by the raw emotions which drive dou ki. Seeing this chapter it seems she was about to outright murder that guy. The issue here seems to be deep though. We have never actually seen any master suffer from this. Sakaki and apachai are dou users and yet they never lose control in this way. So how does miu control herself?

Miu is basically a hazard to anyone who annoys her right now. Well, perhaps not everyone but as she is it seems like she could snap in any fight and actually kill someone. With this it becomes apparent that she almost went and straight up murdered rimi. Seeing kensei's explanation regarding this it seems this is something all dou users have to go through though. I do wonder what it signifies for the regular dou user. Does it mean they have to permanently suppress their dou ki or does it mean they have to learn how to use all of it while controlling themselves?

I am a tad surprise that rimi can just go and train for dou ki. Wouldn't she have to be a dou user to begin with? I guess they could already know that though. I wonder if one can choose to be a dou user.

Another interesting point is whether sei users ever go through something similar. Losing control would obviously be the case but what if at some point they "unleash" their sei ki and become intuitively more aware of what their opponents are doing. Basically an awakening for a dou user signifies an increase in agression and perhaps fighting capacity and an awakening for a sei user signifies an increase in perception regarding reading their enemies. Perhaps this two would remain perfect counters for another. And in turn this means kenichi could be on the verge of a powerup himself. seeing what is happening with miu could perhaps cause ryozampaku to want for kenichi to awaken his sei ki faster.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

These chapters are annoying, so the low activity is kind of expected =/

IIRC, you can indeed choose what ki to work on, Kenichi had to make that choice too way back.

I'm getting tired of this training-romance combo arc very fast...I want more plot.
    Last edited by Zatono; August 31, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, what just happened? Was this another chapter about Rimi and Ukita? I couldn't bring myself to care about any of the events of the chapter. Rimi and Ukita are both annoying characters, albeit for completely different reasons. I've yet to understand why they get any attention whatsoever, much less what seems like a series of chapters focused on their development, or lack thereof.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the focus on Rimi is to develop her as Miu's rival, I think that much is clear from these latest chapters...as to what is the meaning of the focus on Ukita...well there has to be some development of the support cast at some point, so I think the author is taking his time to do just this, until he moves on to tell a bigger story...and Ukita is the weakest link, so...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I think the focus on Rimi is to develop her as Miu's rival, I think that much is clear from these latest chapters...as to what is the meaning of the focus on Ukita...well there has to be some development of the support cast at some point, so I think the author is taking his time to do just this, until he moves on to tell a bigger story...and Ukita is the weakest link, so...
    Weakest but also the less interesting and important of them all, pretty pointless to focus on him, and i seriously dont see Rimi turning out to be a real rival for Miu. She had being training since she first met Miu and after a couple weeks of training by that masked mask Miu kicked her ass without even breaking a sweat, i guess it is pretty clear the author intents to give Miu a really fast grown in power (hints were made with that crap about elder being holding out on her training on purpose and other crappy excuses) I mean crappy because Miu grown was already surreal and just getting someone to say "oh i was actually holding out her potential" aint much of an excuse to give her a tremendous power up. I still think the author is stalling, he prolly has a rough idea of where he/she wanna lead the story but is still not sure on the details or how to present it to the readers.

And the forum is a bit dead because the previous arc wasent any good and we get this mini arc revolving around 2 minor chars that most dont care about.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ukita does lack development but I would think this miniarc of sorts is trying to deal with that. The subplot revolving ukita and kisara's relationship has been around a surreal amount of time so it is just about time this is somehow mildly addressed at last. To be honest I have always been curious about what the author does intend to do with ukita though. I agree in that seeing him fight a pointless fight he can't win is less than interesting but ukita at some point has to decide whether he will continue to walk a path of "regular" martial arts, quit martial arts altogether and focus on real life or actually find a master class master willing to teach him and take him the next step. It is unlikely he will actually catch up to his peers and the best he could hope for even with a master is just not dying against regular henchmen if he does continue on the path of martial arts though. To be honest I have wanted to see him actually choose real life skills over focusing on how to beat the shit out of people, perhaps he can even give some of the shinpaku guys something to think about regarding all the time they are putting into non real life skills. I mean, takeda already flunked a year of high school and gets involved in illegal fights. Sigfried seems to be fine considering his potential musical carreer. We have no indication whatsoever that kenichi is any better a student than he was at the start of the manga (he was said to be a horrible student). Nijima will rule the world and he does have real life skills already. I guess the other guys could solve the problem by being perfect or something though. Freya seems to train to be a martial artist and goes to colllege, miu is perfect on every regard including her grades.... I don't see how thor or renka would have much hope. Thor..... renka did not even go to school until recently and when she did go it was so that she could be close to kenichi. I don't see her being an adequate student unless she turns out to be about as perfect as miu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukita, my man, you are swallowing too many chapters and being a bother... Unlike Akira whom I love.

It would have been better if instead of this love-quarrel they used Ukita's relationship with Chikage as she helped him develop a technique that his master praised; that way Ukita gets development and importance in the story without losing it's focus (Yomi fight).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kratos2510's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

There is just 1 yomi left. So i don't mind this slow pace.
    And everyone in the SA Needs to have a goal and good training before the eternal sun setting starts.

Have you ever asked yourself who it is the shadow are ment to fight in this war and why?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is only 1 yomi left however there is the consideration that natsu, chikage and rachel remain as plot points. Chikage likely won't fight kenichi but she does seem to have some role left to fulfill, perhaps a change to the side of katsujinken. Rachel seems to have a vendetta against renka, perhaps we will get to see the end of their fight at some point. Natsu has a role to fulfill in yomi although I can't really say what that will be. Then there is the consideration that kensei still has 3 disciples one of which has a plot point to resolve with miu and one of which is berserker. Not sure about the last guy though. There is still plenty of plot to go around even if kajima is the last yomi kenichi has to deal with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's only one thing that caught my attention in this chapter, so I'll talk about that. What exactly is going on with Miu? I knew everything wouldn't be fine once she got back from the Kingdom of Tidat, and that there had to be residual side effects from her "lessons" with the Demon Fist. Miu in this chapter had intentions of killing the gunman who was threatening them. This is quite a development. Now whether she was aware of her own intentions or was simply blinded by rage that remains to be seen. She's a danger to everyone around her. Who's knows what could of happened if Kenichi wasn't there to restrain her (as if he could anyway she was being compliant).We're now starting to see the dangers of being a Dou user . I wonder how the Elder will handle this? Up to this point the Elder has openly stated that he has been slowing her training, so that she wont face these types of problems so soon dealing with her Dou Ki, but thanks to Jenezad's training the Elder's work is nearly undone. Anyway we can definitely expect more dilemmas in the future concerning Miu.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kratos2510 View Post
    There is just 1 yomi left. So i don't mind this slow pace.
    And everyone in the SA Needs to have a goal and good training before the eternal sun setting starts.

Have you ever asked yourself who it is the shadow are ment to fight in this war and why?
    Majority of the Shimpaku Alliance aint gonna do anything on the eternal sun set (whatever that is since we have no hints so far) because this manga suffers from the same problem of many other shounens like Bleach/Naruto there are way too many side chars, that makes it impossible to create enough important villans for everyone to beat and it is very hard to focus on each of their own storys since it would eat too much time.

Also there is more than 1 yomi left to beat, i dont see Chikage switching sides without at least fighting Kenichi, granted part of her will be against it but she is still loyal to her master/yomi so she would do it even if she is struggling with that decision. My best bet is that Kenich resolution not to fight her will affect her and she gonna switch sides at that point (assuming they get to fight). Im sure Natsu wants a rematch with Kenichi even if he dosent care about yomi goals he prolly gonna use it as an excuse to start a fight, there is Rachel and we also have kensei 3 new disciples even though im guessing some of the side chars will get a crack at those ones.

It kind upsets me a little how pointless Kenichis and all his friends struggle really is, i mean if by chance Kenich beat all the disciples but his master lost it would make no difference since he and his friends wouldnt stand a chance against master class fighters and the eternal sunset would go on and if they lost but his masters won the eternal sunset would still be stopped. A bit said the main protagonist aint there to "save the day" but i guess that might be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, ukita does lack development but I would think this miniarc of sorts is trying to deal with that. The subplot revolving ukita and kisara's relationship has been around a surreal amount of time so it is just about time this is somehow mildly addressed at last. To be honest I have always been curious about what the author does intend to do with ukita though. I agree in that seeing him fight a pointless fight he can't win is less than interesting but ukita at some point has to decide whether he will continue to walk a path of "regular" martial arts, quit martial arts altogether and focus on real life or actually find a master class master willing to teach him and take him the next step. It is unlikely he will actually catch up to his peers and the best he could hope for even with a master is just not dying against regular henchmen if he does continue on the path of martial arts though. To be honest I have wanted to see him actually choose real life skills over focusing on how to beat the shit out of people, perhaps he can even give some of the shinpaku guys something to think about regarding all the time they are putting into non real life skills. I mean, takeda already flunked a year of high school and gets involved in illegal fights. Sigfried seems to be fine considering his potential musical carreer. We have no indication whatsoever that kenichi is any better a student than he was at the start of the manga (he was said to be a horrible student). Nijima will rule the world and he does have real life skills already. I guess the other guys could solve the problem by being perfect or something though. Freya seems to train to be a martial artist and goes to colllege, miu is perfect on every regard including her grades.... I don't see how thor or renka would have much hope. Thor..... renka did not even go to school until recently and when she did go it was so that she could be close to kenichi. I don't see her being an adequate student unless she turns out to be about as perfect as miu.
    I guess im just bothered because i was rather unhappy with the previous arc and its ending and now to get quite a few chapters dedicated to such a minor char bothers me (seriously the author could prolly had given ukita enought development in 2-3 chapters). Now in terms of future for the rest of the people it is really hard to say, renka as an example has a sucessfull family bussness to get back to if she wants to, others can go to college or just start working as they see fit, nothing was really adressed about their futures dreams, while being a martial artist is kind useless on this day and age it dosent really stop them from studing or working if they choose to do so.
    Last edited by Unholy; September 01, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at the moment I can't help but wonder just how ukita is getting out of this one. He is about to fall of a damn cliff with a man who almost shot kisara through the shoulder. Props for kisara for remaining cold headed even though she knew she was going to get shot through her shoulder. A bit reckless in the sense that being shot could end her carrier as a martial artist. Anyways, ukita is falling as of now and being on the strong end of a normal person he is not about to simply walk this off as a ryozampaku master would. He needs someone to either stop him from falling or stop his fall mid way at least. Perhaps ukita can get lucky and grap himself onto something as he falls though.

Another thing is whether akisame will in some form retaliate against shiba. Ultimately this happened because of what he told ukita about those who do and don't and because he was the one who had his disciple and friends fight the guys who were after him. Basically, its all because shiba was negligent that the kids were in danger. I guess a good bit of it falls over miu as she had to be stopped from killing that guy but if shiba hadn't gotten a normal kid involved things would have turned out differently.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Ukita does die. I hope no master comes dashing out of nowhere to save him from the fall. It'll get the story moving a bit

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I hope Ukita does die. I hope no master comes dashing out of nowhere to save him from the fall. It'll get the story moving a bit
    Would be nice to be honest, that would make the manga less predictable but unfortunately that is never going to happen (this aint that kind of manga after all they pulled a half ass excuse to bring apachai from the dead). Im 100% sure ukita will survive not sure on how yet but he will survive and thats gonna be used to show that while he is trash in terms of martial arts his resolve to protect kisara is greater than that blond dude (dont know and dont care about his name) and that gonna win him some points with kisara. Now how he can survive it can go in many different ways, kenichi/miu can save him or one of the masters, or kisara or even the blond dude. Also doubt any of the masters gonna be mad at shiba they prolly gonna think thats a good experience for the disciples if they plan on following the martial arts path they gonna get used to that stuff.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast