Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: HSDK Chapter 486 Discussion/ 487 predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 486 Discussion/ 487 predictions

New chapter enjoy people.

p.s: tomorrow is my birthday YAYY me
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; August 17, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 486 Discussion/ 487 predictions

I enjoyed the chapter, lots of character development. Not much plot advancement though.

Anyways, with what is going on it seems fairly clear that the author wants to do something with ukita. I have no clue of what that could be though. On one hand, we had him with the whole conflict about being actually weak in martial arts. Then we had his teacher (first time we ever saw him, which perhaps means something) telling him to not quit martial arts and that he could make it far. Still, national champion or Olympic athlete means nothing here, shinpaku and ryozampaku are obviously past that. Then we had miu telling him that being a relatively poor martial artist is not all that relevant to love. Of course that makes sense considering that martial arts do not even qualify as a real life skill nowadays. At best it would be a hobby. My impression is that the author is going to have ukita decide whether he wants to be a normal person or a real martial artist basically. Whether he will quit or whether he will start focusing on real life. Ukita is far too behind to develop strength which would be relevant anytime soon IMO. I do wonder how strong his master actually is though. Is there a chance that he could be an actual master class and that ukita does something to impress him and take him as his actual disciple? Or perhaps he is the gateway for ukita to find an actual master? I would like to see ukita choosing to acquire real life skills though, not just martials arts stuff which is ultimately irrelevant.

I am somewhat surprised about what went on with oogata this chapter. He was actually a caring and thoughtful master to rimi through the whole thing. Ok, pushing her of a cliff when she siad something to make oogata uncomfortable was perhaps uncalled for however it was interesting to see rimi running faster than what the logs were falling. Considering the sheer altitude she could have easily been running faster than 150 km/h. I mean, she could have actually exceeded the logs terminal velocity there. I do wonder what technique oogata will teach her though. Perhaps something dangerous?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Anyways, with what is going on it seems fairly clear that the author wants to do something with ukita. I have no clue of what that could be though. On one hand, we had him with the whole conflict about being actually weak in martial arts. Then we had his teacher (first time we ever saw him, which perhaps means something) telling him to not quit martial arts and that he could make it far. Still, national champion or Olympic athlete means nothing here, shinpaku and ryozampaku are obviously past that. Then we had miu telling him that being a relatively poor martial artist is not all that relevant to love.
    I thought the chapter left things for Ukita in a confusing way but your interpretation seems correct.

Ukita has 2 options when it comes to martial arts: stay as a normal martial artist, which is mediocre for the story's level; or catch up with a master. He can quit too but if he does that he will bury his way out of this manga.

I can't say if ALL of Ragnarok members were picked by Kensei as some of the lowest members were recruited by Kisara, but if Ukita was recruited by Kensei then he has the potential to be way better.

You may be good at teaching but you are no Akira Kensei!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

is it me or Renka's arm is extremely bad drawed?
    It seems someone tacked the arms of a dwarf on her body

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First enjoyable chapter in a while. Right now Ukita is definitely conflicted, but it shouldn't be impossible for him to make it as a martial artist. If he really tries he can definitely advance. Thor was able to do it all by himself up to a certain point, so Ukita should be able to as well.

He'd be totally behind everyone else if he stays on panel and trains, but if he vanishes for like 100 chapters and comes back on par with the rest of Shinpaku I could probably accept it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, nothing particularly interesting happened this chapter. I'm a fan of character development, but I don't have any particular interest in either Rimi or Ukita. Ukita's slow decline in relative power compared to the other members of Shinpaku Alliance has been going on for a rather long time. He is now facing a decision that he probably should've realised he would've had to make since the tournament. Rimi is a lovestruck girl operating under some delusion that the man of her dreams is going to be stolen by Miu. He just isn't that in to you. Miu isn't interested in him. And the odds are, even with the ridiculously tough training, Miu is still going to be on an entirely different level. Oogata was cool though. So I guess there's that.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why so much attention has been focused on Ukita the past few chapters. He's such a minor unimportant character that developing his character this late in the story would be unnecessary, even if he underwent some rigorous training to gain strength it still wouldn't be enough for him to fight along side the other Shinpaku members and hold his own in the near future. He's the food for Ogata's disciples, if he doesn't want to die he should quit martial arts and focus on school and getting an education. Also, I could care less for watching Rimi train in the mountains just so she can have another pointless echi match with Miu. As Impossibility pointed out her scary love obsession with Ryuto is so stupid. I'm starting to wonder if Matsuena is honestly running out of ideas to write about. All I want to see plot progression and Kenichi training his ass off to get stronger...but we can't even get that
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; August 19, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do kinda have my doubts that we will see yet another battle between rimi and miu. Only way that would be even mildly interesting is that she learns some dangerous technique which she would use against miu. Still, I do maintain that rimi fighting other members of the shinpaku alliance might be fun to watch. Freya and kisara are in desperate need of fighting a yomi by now, they have been relegated to fighting only fodder until now and I would think it is just about time to change that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Those would be interesting match-ups, but I'm not so sure they are strong enough to compete with Rimi.....yet

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something speaks to me that Kenichi will get special training from the Elder again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/487

odd, but the Chapter is out^^

Spoiler show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Old style chapter, reminiscent of the good old early ones. I liked it.

Not a spoiler because it was already made clear in Ch. 486, but James' speech just confirmed the tree types of disciples there are in this manga:
    the talented ones, the special ones (KenIchi, of which it was always said he didn't have a single bit of talent) and the rest.
    Now the manga is concentrating on Ukita a bit, probably to show the value of dedication and how it doesn't always lead to success.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Ukita will die from a stray bullet just to get rid of his character. This gunmen thing at the end can go a lot of different ways.

New Reply