Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confusion about Izuna

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Confusion about Izuna

Hey everyone I just wanted to ask you about Izuna. I didn't really understand what happened to him where his eyes stolen by Madara/ he wanted to give them to Madara?Could you please explain this?

P.S. thx you for your time.
    sorry for grammar mistakes.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confusion about Izuna

According to Itachi, Madara took Izuna's eyes forcefully.
    According to Tobi, Izuna gave up his eyes to Madara for the sake of the clan and his brother.

Considering both had in their interests to lie to Sasuke, its uncertain which one of the two said the truth

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MonkeyDLuffy7GR's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    According to Tobi, Izuna gave up his eyes to Madara for the sake of the clan and his brother.

Considering both had in their interests to lie to Sasuke, its uncertain which one of the two said the truth
    As I stated to my theory..probably Madara and Izuna ahd a relationship like Sasuke and Itachi but with one major difference...Itachi (older) sacrifised himself for the younger brother while Izuna(younger) sacrifised his life (He gave up his sharingan and name..He Noone he does not want to be anyone..) for his older brother..

Tobi said half truth half lies to Sasuke..Like about the Kyuuby attack..So he may said the truth that Izuna gave his eyes willingly but he lied about Izuna's death..

My theory btw xD http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...rovided/page10
    Last edited by MonkeyDLuffy7GR; August 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    There is already a standard explanation for anything:

You want to boost your chakra? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to get the Gods eyes? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Wood Jutsus? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want Izanagi to last longer? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to cut Kotoamatsukamis cooldown from 10 years to several hours? Take Hashiramas cells!
    You want to spam MS without going blind? Take Hashiramas cells!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could easily be a combination of both - Madara took them by force and Izuna didn't fight back, allowing him to do so out of brotherly love. After all, that seems to be a going theme of the Uchiah clan, members allowing their loved ones to harm them, even if it means death if it'll help them.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to be truthful...if he gave them up willingly,was because this may have been the first chance to see what's on the tablet is true(hence brothers/friends swapping eyes...MS+MS=EMS)...

if i remember correctly,izuna was just as talented as madara...so why weaken the clan(by causing izuna's death)instead of just sacrificing a fodder uchiha(like obito)for his/her eyes?

it is confusing though...herehttp://www.mangapanda.com/93-404-5/n...apter-399.htmlhe says he stole them....
    but herehttp://www.mangapanda.com/93-404-6/n...apter-399.htmlhe says izuna gave them up but with a regretful arm sqeeze.it just may be izuna,we will see soon enough i guess

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Could easily be a combination of both - Madara took them by force and Izuna didn't fight back, allowing him to do so out of brotherly love. After all, that seems to be a going theme of the Uchiah clan, members allowing their loved ones to harm them, even if it means death if it'll help them.
    I think I'd agree with this. Although Madara took one eye from Izuna without warning, it didn't look like Izuna fought back, especially when Madara took the second eye. There's no way Izuna would have trouble against blind Madara despite how equal they were in strenght.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think I'd agree with this. Although Madara took one eye from Izuna without warning, it didn't look like Izuna fought back, especially when Madara took the second eye. There's no way Izuna would have trouble against blind Madara despite how equal they were in strenght.
    You pretty much answered for me good sir

What I never understood is why brothers simply don't swap eyes between each other, thus both obtaining EMS

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

What I never understood is why brothers simply don't swap eyes between each other, thus both obtaining EMS
    Doesn't somebody have to die for the EMS to happen or something?

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The MS merges together? I don't think the manga showed how the person in question gets the eye implanted or gets the EMS. Do the eyes merge together? Maybe Madara's Mangekyo was completely sealed and as result, couldn't be used. Though, what gave Izuna's Mangekyo Madara's Mangekyo tomoe?

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No, as it was established that Madara took his living brother's eyes.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The MS merges together? I don't think the manga showed how the person in question gets the eye implanted or gets the EMS. Do the eyes merge together? Maybe Madara's Mangekyo was completely sealed and as result, couldn't be used. Though, what gave Izuna's Mangekyo Madara's Mangekyo tomoe?

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS
    Sasuke said that he could see through Itachi because he had his eyes, literally.
    Also before that he said that he felt Itachi's chakra, making him stronger.
    Probably eyes holds chakra, that's why the combination of Itachi eyes+chakra together with Sasuke's awakened EMS.
    Same thing with Izuna and Madara, surely

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    That is the normal Mangekyo, and even that its bullshit since Izuna, Madara and Shisui awakened their MS without experiencing their best friend/brother's death.

Also Izuna lived after Madara took his eyes, and died in battle a while after, according to databooks at least

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

That could be true. Sasuke could have also made a figure of speech, stating how much more powerful EMS made him feel and how united he felt with Itachi after getting his eyes. Still, nothing discounts the eyes merging together, especially considering how the tomoe mixed.

But wasn't Itachi completely blind when he died? That discounts my theory of complete sealing of Mangekyo making it useless to implant.

We don't know how the three of them awakened their MS. For all we know, they did have some best friends that they either saw die before their eyes or killed for some reason.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That could be true. Sasuke could have also made a figure of speech, stating how much more powerful EMS made him feel and how united he felt with Itachi after getting his eyes. Still, nothing discounts the eyes merging together, especially considering how the tomoe mixed.

But wasn't Itachi completely blind when he died? That discounts my theory of complete sealing of Mangekyo making it useless to implant.

We don't know how the three of them awakened their MS. For all we know, they did have some best friends that they either saw die before their eyes or killed for some reason.
    Sealed =/= blinded, a sealed Sharingan, used for Izanagi and Izanami, will completely lose its functions, while Itachi, even being blind, could hold up Susano'o, and a full one at that.

I don't know how merging 2 pair of eyes can be done, simply imho the chakra of the Uchiha carries the full power of the gekkei kenkai.
    Do remember that hunter nins disposed of the entire body, since even a part would allow enemies to study the chakra of the user. Ahh part 1 goodness.
    Hell Sasori could use real bodies to make puppets and made them retain their chakra and gekkei kenkai!

Its pretty much confirmed that Shisui's best friend was Itachi, and that Izuna and Madara were each other's best friends as well

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as how the designs combined, seems likely that the two eyes are merged into a single one and thus sharing would be impossible.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Seeing as how the designs combined, seems likely that the two eyes are merged into a single one and thus sharing would be impossible.
    yeah...because to get to the pinnacle of the sharingan(EMS)...there must be a sacrifice.this part of achievement was probably misinterpreted by the clan.
    because,if madara/izuna/shisui are concerned...sacrifice was not necessary to reach MS.so,all those that achieved MS through killing someone close would be in a sad predicament when they find out that there is another sacrifice needed to achieve EMS(shrugs)...

it's kinda ironic...because if the likes of madara and his followers were to have kept control of the clan.they would probably have wiped eachother out or everyone would eventually be blind from sacrifice,izanagi,izanami or just overusage.

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealed =/= blinded, a sealed Sharingan, used for Izanagi and Izanami, will completely lose its functions, while Itachi, even being blind, could hold up Susano'o, and a full one at that.
    Itachi said the Sharingan will seal itself slowly and lose its light. Though, Itachi being completely blind is kind of debatable, no?

Quote Quote:
    I don't know how merging 2 pair of eyes can be done, simply imho the chakra of the Uchiha carries the full power of the gekkei kenkai.
    Do remember that hunter nins disposed of the entire body, since even a part would allow enemies to study the chakra of the user. Ahh part 1 goodness.
    Hell Sasori could use real bodies to make puppets and made them retain their chakra and gekkei kenkai!

Its pretty much confirmed that Shisui's best friend was Itachi, and that Izuna and Madara were each other's best friends as well
    Just insert the eye into the eyesocket? The merging of two MS tomoe just has me suspicious is all, not to mention the four eyes on the statue thingie we saw when Itachi was narrating the story.

Where? I don't remember that being said, or at least, them having only one best friend.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast