Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confusion about Izuna

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confusion about Izuna

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    it's kinda ironic...because if the likes of madara and his followers were to have kept control of the clan.they would probably have wiped eachother out or everyone would eventually be blind from sacrifice,izanagi,izanami or just overusage.
    I don't think the Uchiha clan was that willing to go through sacrifices. Itachi implied that Izanagi was mainly used during important incidents, and only a few began to abuse it to the point of another needing to use Izanami. Even then, those were eventually made forbidden by the clan as a whole. And of course, MS and EMS were only relatively recent additions to the Uchiha clan. And if we go by what Itachi told us about him, then Madara really was a good leader before becoming overconfident in his own power to protect the clan.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well...madara getting EMS...i wouldn't call recent.
    as far as sacrifices...i didn't mean willingly...such as the way madara/itachi/sasuke achieved their power MS/EMS especially the latter...
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    well...madara getting EMS...i wouldn't call recent.
    as far as sacrifices...i didn't mean willingly...such as the way madara/itachi/sasuke achieved their power MS/EMS especially the latter...
    Depending on how long ago the Rikoudo Sennin existed, it is very likely that Madara attaining EMS less than 100 years ago in the manga would be "recent' clan history.

Keep in mind the Elder Son of the Sage was the first "Uchiha". He probably didn't call himself Uchiha, but it would be his offspring that would form the Uchiha clan. Given the fact the Sage was considered a legend, I'd say he'd at the very least have to be something like 300 to 500 years old, possibly going back even further.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely was longer. Remember, Fukasaku was surprised that the Rinnegan was real and he had been around for 800 years. So at the very least, we're talking about 2000 years plus for the Rikudou Sennin to have become a legend. Then again, Hashirama's power was considered a legend and not much time had pass since he had lived...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it's a merging. If that was the case, I fail to see why it would be referred to as a transplant over and over again-it's not like it would be a major shocking reveal to say "The eyes merge together, they're not replaced".

I'd find it more likely that either A ) The new wielder's chakra implants upon his brother's eye when it's implanted, thus creating the mixed design, or B ) There is no explanation; Kishimoto thought it would look cool, so he did it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2