Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: The Cannon thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cannon thread

Hi guys, I'm a new member here, but I figure that we don't have a Cannon thread yet so I'll make one. This thread is for all discussions regarding Cannons and their use in Shingeki no Kyojin, including matters of technology, tactics, and logistics. I believe that if we are suddenly thrusted into the world of SnK, then the cannons are the secret to this war.

Parameters of discussion:
    1) We most likely won't developed rifled barrels anytime soon, although how long (5-10 years or 100) is debatable, since the technology and precision engineering involved in the 3DMG is significantly higher than that needed to make rifled barrels.
    2) We do have bullet shaped projectiles, shown in Ch 27. The bullets probably won't keep a straight trajectory on long range, but definitely can be very accurate within 30-50m.
    3) We do have hand guns and small, cart mountable cannons.

Discuss! Save humanity with big guns! Get all the ladies and prevent them from joining the scouts!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Cannon thread

The problem with cannon is they seem to take forever and a day to reload. They don't seem to be very versatile either, seemingly only being used to keep titans at bay when they're near the gate/wall. Which is understandable, I guess. The walls are friggin ~50m up. Good luck aiming.

Quote Quote:
    3) We do have small cart mountable cannons.
    We do? Can't recall any.
    -

New Reply