Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why was the naka shrine tablet written? <3

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tiranofrome's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why was the naka shrine tablet written?

Strictly speaking it could be quite possible for The Sage to have made the tablet , after all what comes after EMS is Rinnegan , but only when Senju is present , i doubt even with all his wisdom , he could have forseen how Madara would end up doing it. The Sage probably expected for the tablet to guide his real successor , not the demented and twisted uchiha's(who might have stolen or just found the tablet and because their sharingan could read some bits , thought it was theirs to begin with).

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tablet had to have been written by the sage himself. I see the tablet as a ode to alchemy (both the fictional and actual artforms) showing that all is one and one is all. Madara being a descendant of the One, had its power within himself and after realizing the Truth he wanted to return back to being one unified being (very akin to Homunculus and his plan).

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Sage and Madara could have written the tablet in order to give information. Madara probably wanted to leave the Uchiha with information on how to control the Kyuubi while the Sage probably wanted the Uchiha to know how to unlock the Rinnegan if need be... maybe the Senju as well and have them work together.

Or the elder son. Could have been a plan for the elder son to make the Uchiha get Rinnegan so they could start winning the war.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think the Sage and Madara could have written the tablet in order to give information. Madara probably wanted to leave the Uchiha with information on how to control the Kyuubi while the Sage probably wanted the Uchiha to know how to unlock the Rinnegan if need be... maybe the Senju as well and have them work together.

Or the elder son. Could have been a plan for the elder son to make the Uchiha get Rinnegan so they could start winning the war.
    I dont think the tablet was written by sage.

If that would had been the case, senju would have known that such a tablet exists, but madara specifically stated at the time of coalition that hashi was the first one to see it and know of its existence. Therefore, most probably it was made by the elder son

visit me here

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if the elder son hid it before the younger son knew about it, or it wasn't passed down or stopped being passed down as an info in the Senju line? If the Uchiha hid it and Senju couldn't find it, they'd probably think the tablet could have been fake or a myth.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if the elder son hid it before the younger son knew about it, or it wasn't passed down or stopped being passed down as an info in the Senju line? If the Uchiha hid it and Senju couldn't find it, they'd probably think the tablet could have been fake or a myth.
    If the sage actually entrusted everything to the younger child, i am sure the sage would have mentioned the tablet to the younger child.

visit me here

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if for some reason he wasn't able to? Though honestly, I think you're more right here that the Sage may not have had a hand in the tablet.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if for some reason he wasn't able to? Though honestly, I think you're more right here that the Sage may not have had a hand in the tablet.
    The other reason why the elder son made the tablet, it requires special eyes, not chakra, not seal. Therefore, the elder son wanted to leave a message behind for his brethren, that whenever another sage comes then the history is not repeated.

visit me here

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, the tablet has nothing to do with him being able to released Edo tensei, im sure this had more to do with him knowing tobirama in person.

Secondly, With what madara read on the tablet the it spoke of 2 halves becoming one to create perfect harmony, This is what he told hashirama. This is not all that is on the tablet, the rest is untold but it can be assumed that 2 other things were on it. Read by Eternal Mangekyou

1. The knowledge of senju and uchiha powers and the combination of them, Ultimately leading to rinnegan (not sure if it said it would create rinnegan but im sure it spoke of the 2 powers)
    2. the knowledge of the Juubi being split into many forms.

How do i know this?

Well, after reading this he proceeded to come after hashirama and fight him in order to obtain his cells, also the thing he told hashirama that was on the stone also metaphorically links to the Senju/Uchiha and their bond from the rikudou.

The bijuu part? Theres a scene a few chaps before bijuu mode occurs with the nine tails thinking back on what humans said to him, Madara, Hashirama, Mito, Kushina Etc.

What madara says is. Kyuubi you are only a piece of your former self.

So we know that he knew about the juubi/kyuubi before awakening the rinnegan. But there is still information to read after obtaining the rinnegan. Whats after?

Well ill tell you what i think the Tablet says each 4 parts of it.

Sharingan View - Killing one close to you or killing a loved one, creates a change in the eyes, the Mangekyou

Mangekyou View - These eyes lose their light over time, but with another source they will have a newfound light forever.

Eternal Mangekyou View - Uchiha/Senju info, along with juubi information.

Rinnegan View - Juubis Shell Location how to summon, and any information unknown juubi related.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't it mention somehwere in the manga that the tablet WAS written by the sage? I honestly can't remember. I also remember a section in the manga where both Madara and Hashirama were standing infront of the tablet talking casually. Again, just a faint memory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Didn't it mention somehwere in the manga that the tablet WAS written by the sage? I honestly can't remember. I also remember a section in the manga where both Madara and Hashirama were standing infront of the tablet talking casually. Again, just a faint memory.
    T'was mention by obito at the summit. Though it can't be considered as a fact. After all, than man is a liar.

But then again, maybe that tablet was indeed left by rikudou to his eldest son. As you know, maybe when he's dying, he divided his treasures/scroll/money to his two sons. The eldest got the tablet and the youngest got the money/palace/the throne/scroll. Maybe that's the reason why the eldest want to kill his younger brother, because their father isn't fair with his last will and testament.
    No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all your POWER/STRENGTH is no more useful then a squirt gun. And if you cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at will?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    What madara says is. Kyuubi you are only a piece of your former self.
    if I remember right...madara said this to kurama the first time he summoned him.so in hind sight,madara knew what/how kurama came about before he even summoned him.it would make no sense if it took EMS to summon/control kurama,when obito did it without it....

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that Sharingan is one of the two requirements needed to control the Kyuubi. ANother one is having an exceptionally strong chakra, which Madara already had and which Tobi had when he received Hashirama's DNA. Or it could be strong eyes? NOt sure if Sasuke could control the Kyuubi since he's said to have strong eyes, but despite Itachi's expertise in genjutsu, he wouldn't be able to control the Kyuubi. Not for long anyway.

Though, maybe the Mangekyo provides a more powerful genjutsu. Tsukuyomi and Komoamatsukami could be strong enough to control the Kyuubi, which is why the tablet said Mangekyo controls the Kyuubi at a price. Or can control the Kyuubi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh, just posted about this last week:

Quote Quote:
    So here's what we know for sure about the tablet:
    • No doujutsu: Blank
    • Byakugan: Abandoned significance. Probably won't be mentioned in the context of the Sage.
    • Sharingan: "Some" can be seen. This includes directions for the Mangekyou, controlling bijuu, and blindness that comes with that power. What could be read by any Joe Schmoe sharingan user and NOT be the cause for a power grab by the Uchiha, who knows. How the Sage would know about something that wouldn't exist until hundreds of years af- oh yeah, "prophecy" exists in this universe. Whatever l: l
    • Mangekyou: Again, the Sage has amazingly specific details about a doujutsu that wouldn't exist for hundreds of years. "God (juubi I guess) being divided" and "Two opposing forces bringing peace (sage's bloodlines, in Madara's interpretation)" is in this part.
    • Eternal Mangekyou: Doesn't seem to be significant to the tablet, the Sage, or the story in general beyond being a narrative convenience to fix Mangekyou blindness for Sasuke and instigate the world's blandest conflict between Madara and the Senju bros. It's been assumed that you need the EMS to gain the rinnegan but I haven't seen anything to suggest it other than 'that's the order Madara went in'.
    • Rinnegan: Apparently the meat of the information is here. The jutsu of the Six Paths, the location and means to summon the Gedo, directions for re-sealing the bijuu and Inyouton... practically a goddamn strategy guide for being a world-dominating bad-guy.

My conclusion? The tablet wasn't made by the Sage. It was made by his older son, whose spite is said to be the originator of the curse of hatred. He's the first person who could possibly know about 'combining the Sage's blood to gain his power', and was close enough to the Sage to logically know things about the rinnegan/juubi.

There's no sane reason the Sage would leave a roadmap to absolute power behind for the descendants of the son he DIDN'T choose to become his successor. I don't think the Sage would leave something like that behind for anyone. He was all about sealing up power and minimizing damage to the world.

EDIT: And if the son did write the tablet, then 'breaking a bond to obtain power' was a requirement of the older son's eyes to power up and he simply predicted his descendants eye would function similarly. Again, makes more sense than Rikudou doing all this.
    ---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

It seems that Sharingan is one of the two requirements needed to control the Kyuubi. ANother one is having an exceptionally strong chakra, which Madara already had and which Tobi had when he received Hashirama's DNA. Or it could be strong eyes? NOt sure if Sasuke could control the Kyuubi since he's said to have strong eyes, but despite Itachi's expertise in genjutsu, he wouldn't be able to control the Kyuubi. Not for long anyway.

Though, maybe the Mangekyo provides a more powerful genjutsu. Tsukuyomi and Komoamatsukami could be strong enough to control the Kyuubi, which is why the tablet said Mangekyo controls the Kyuubi at a price. Or can control the Kyuubi.
    Strong eyes = Mangekyou = ability to control the kyuubi. We've seen the sharingan control beasts, including the kyuubi- the Mangekyou wasn't being used actively either time so I don't think it was Tsukuyomi or Koto or any genjutsu. After all Tobi's Mangekyou doesn't even have that moveset. Judging from what Tobirama revealed about the sharingan, it's more like the presence of the MS suggests the user's chakra has transformed and that's the actual requirement for controlling the bijuu.

Despite how everyone else in the world talks about Uchiha and especially Madara, Kurama remarked about the potency of Sasuke's malicious chakra, not his eyes. Now I'm thinking it really is the chakra that matters in controlling a beast. Tangentially, I REALLY want to know wtf those chains are. Gyuuki said they were a jutsu of the Outer Path, but that wouldn't make any sense for Kushina to have a Gedo jutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    T'was mention by obito at the summit. Though it can't be considered as a fact. After all, than man is a liar.

But then again, maybe that tablet was indeed left by rikudou to his eldest son. As you know, maybe when he's dying, he divided his treasures/scroll/money to his two sons. The eldest got the tablet and the youngest got the money/palace/the throne/scroll. Maybe that's the reason why the eldest want to kill his younger brother, because their father isn't fair with his last will and testament.
    So it was jealousy!?!?! Well I wouldn't doubt it. The younger bro (Hashi) is pulling all the women, money, throne and etc. While the older (Mada) is a angry dude looking for attention by his younger brother. Makes perfect sense!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast