Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun by Robiko

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun by Robiko

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    By: Robiko
    Genre: School Life, Romance
    Serialized In: Dessert
    Publisher: Kodansha
    Publication Status: Ongoing, 10 Volumes

Mizutani Shizuku is the type of person who only cares for her own grades. But when she accidentally delivers the lesson notes to Yoshida Haru, Haru becomes convinced they are friends.

Haru turns out to have a very innocent personality, but who would've thought that Haru would actually confess to Shizuku?

A cold-hearted girl x super troublemaker romance with a fresh new perspective.

Discuss the Popular New Anime Here!
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 25, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun by Robiko

What a coincidence, I just started to restart it a few days ago ! Though I have yet to catch up, I'm only at the festival part

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't anyone here who's still reading the series?

I thought the chapter about Yuuzan's past was quite interesting, good to see things from his perspective for once. I can imagine what it felt like when he was trying so hard as a kid but is easily surpassed by Haru. The father is as much of an asshole as I imagined him to be. "If only you two could share each others qualities"... Looks like I found a person who's worth of the "The worst father" thread.

And I've read on MAL that Robiko plans to end the series with volume 12 Quite unexpected but I'm looking forward to see how things will get resolved. For once it seems like it's not another "endless love story" but I would have liked to see more about Natsume x Sasayan

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I still read it. Though I kind of lost the excited feeling for this series since it takes so long between chapters.

Yuuzan is an interesting man, indeed. Despite his carefree persona, he's actually pretty innocent regarding women. I though he will be quite the ladies man since he has the look and personality, but he admits that he's embarrassed about women flirting with him. I wonder if he's interested in Iyo?
    And yeah, that father of his is horrible.
    I guess everyone around Haru will be disheartened by the fact that he's a genius. I guess what makes Yuuzan interested in Shizuku (as a friend, of course) is that he sees a part of him in her. Both of them envy Haru and since they both are good in what they do, they feel threatened by him because he makes them look bad.
    But I think Yuuzan in a way has come to term with this problem. But he still has a way to go since it seems he has lost his purpose in life. As someone who has been dealing with Haru longer, I think he wants to advise Shizuku so she won't fall to the same pitfall.
    I do think it's a waste that someone like Haru doesn't want to go to university (though I feel that he can finish it in two years ). What's the use of the talent if someone doesn't use it? No wonder Shizuku and Yuuzan feel that way. He has what they want but he doesn't even care about it.
    Haru kind of reminds me of Nodame regarding this. They have the talents but their ambitions are so... petty compared to their great talents.

I wonder how things will be resolved too. I think a volume is not enough to cover everything, but well, we can't get everything. Maybe there will be another series focusing on Natsume and Sasayan? Sasayan is obviously in love with Natsume, all that's left is what Natsume will do.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who read the latest scanlated chapter? I thought Haru's flashback was really sad and touching. It's a good thing we good Yuzan's point of view just before, otherwise it would look like he's totally at fault here. He kinda is, but you can't blame him. He was still a kid too and I believe the root of all evil is their father, who practically destroyed a happy life for both Yuuzan and Haru dunno how things can be solved but I hope Haru and Yuuzan make up with each other and become the great brothers they once were again Ofc I want him to make up with Shizu too, that really was a huge misunderstanding

I don't know how far we're away from the latest chapter but the series is going to end soon.

My Little Monster Manga Slated to End in 2 More Chapters

Quote Quote:
    The June issue of Kodansha's Dessert magazine reveals on Wednesday that Robico's Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster) manga will end in two more chapters. If the manga does not take a break, the final chapter will run in the August issue on June 24. The manga's 11th volume previously revealed that the series' 12th volume would be its last. It will bundle an original anime DVD when it ships this summer.
    I'm not sure how well everything can be resolved in the remaining chapters but I sure am curious how the mangaka plans to end it.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Anyone who read the latest scanlated chapter? I thought Haru's flashback was really sad and touching. It's a good thing we good Yuzan's point of view just before, otherwise it would look like he's totally at fault here. He kinda is, but you can't blame him. He was still a kid too and I believe the root of all evil is their father, who practically destroyed a happy life for both Yuuzan and Haru dunno how things can be solved but I hope Haru and Yuuzan make up with each other and become the great brothers they once were again Ofc I want him to make up with Shizu too, that really was a huge misunderstanding
    Yes, yes, and I cried, really. It's just too sad. Maybe it's because of personal experience, but I think it's one of the saddest things to see a relationship, in which they only had each other, severed just because of envy/jealousy and they walk their separate ways, never trying to reconnect because the pain is too deep.

Yuuzan really loves Haru, and I think he still does. But he is still jealous of Haru, and Haru still can't see why. We really cannot blame Yuuzan since it's normal for a child to want his parent's attention, but ending up only as the shadow of the other sibling, though he is the oldest, is really painful for a child.
    But Haru is not entirely at fault too, since he genuinely thought Yuuzan hates him. "If only" is really cruel. So, I guess I'll repeat, the father of theirs is horrible. I bet he didn't realize how his behavior has hurt his children deeply.
    You know, I think the saddest thing is that Yuuzan promised to make a place where Haru can belong, and Haru thinks the place where he belongs is where Yuuzan smiles, yet Haru is very reason why Yuuzan cannot smile anymore. It's so ironic and tragic. I really wish they can reconcile and tell each other of their wishes.

I'm really sad when he said to Shizuku that she's the same with the others. Those are really harsh words. But I also understand Shizuku's points and indeed, she is similar to Yuuzan in that they both envy Haru, but sick of seeing him throwing away that talent they wanted so much. At least, Shizuku wants to ask forgiveness though currently Haru is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I don't know how far we're away from the latest chapter but the series is going to end soon.

My Little Monster Manga Slated to End in 2 More Chapters

I'm not sure how well everything can be resolved in the remaining chapters but I sure am curious how the mangaka plans to end it.
    Eh? That's too short. There are still so many unresolved problems!

---------- Post added May 22, 2013 at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM ----------

I'm frustrated! Why is Haru gone for two weeks??!! And why is it such a cliffhanger?

I just can't believe that in one try, Yamaken manages to call Haru when everyone else fails. And then... Haru's just... there. Only a meter away from Shizuku. And when Shizuku asks him, he just answers eating takoyaki... I mean, can't you explain why you suddenly disappear on Shizuku like that??

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe i think i'll read this... wait for my comments nii-chan

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlations are up to chapter 42, the manga ends at chapter 48.... With the latest developments I'm really curious to see how everything is going to be wrapped up in just 6 more chapters. Haru and Shizu have to make up rather fast and then there's Sasahara and Natsume too Not to mention Haru's family issues

Oh well, I still have faith. And I look forward to discussing the last chaps with you babs

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ahahaha I'm still in volume 2! but I think I can catch up... since I just dropped the drama I'm watching I can focus on the manga I'm having fun with it, really. I think it's very straightforward for a shoujo manga. Can't believe they already kissed in the first volume.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading Natsu no zenjitsu chapter 2, this is rather a slow development :-)

I think I will catch up once the serie is finished. How many chapters left is there ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who could give me spoiler how this end?
    I wonder.. Especially NatsumexSasayan.. I want to know how they end up.. It will be really cute.. I love them so much..
    The last chapter translated showed that ShizukuxHaru problems is almost solved, Haru made me laughed when he thought Shizuku together with Yamaken just after 2 weeks their fight, he even fell on the street..
    Oww.. With 1 chapter per month it will take half a year for us to read the rest 6 chapters..
    I'm curious.. Give me spoiler, please...

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not aware of spoilers for shoujo.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    After reading Natsu no zenjitsu chapter 2, this is rather a slow development :-)

I think I will catch up once the serie is finished. How many chapters left is there ?
    eh? I can't tell since I'm still at volume 2, but I didn't feel it was slow- since, like I said, they kissed in the first volume. >.> Like, maybe 5 chapters in or something. They kinda progress fast, IMO, compared to other shoujo.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you reread Natsu no zenjitsu chapter 2... It's just because you mentioned it in the seinen thread but my joke seems to have missed its target.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ahahahaha right I totally missed that. lol. But man... you compared seinen to shoujo... >.>

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Okay I'm at vol. 4 right now and this is what I have to say.

I kind of get what the writer wants to achieve, where she wants to go with the story, I enjoy its "potential", I like the characters and their originality HOWEVER!

this manga is so messy to read! There is so much clutter, or sometimes there is no flow or organization of panels, or the speech bubbles come out of nowhere. The reader has to make up for all the lost scenes in his/her head. Some panels that make you go "what just happened?" or "did that already happen?" or "what's going on here???!".

I encounter manga like that most of the time but usually the messy parts begin to unfold more smoothly as the chapters go by. But I'm already at the fourth volume and I'm still quite confused as to what's happening. >.>

Does this mangaka have no editor or something?

I wonder if this goes on up to the later chapters?

---------- Post added July 12, 2013 at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was July 10, 2013 at 03:51 AM ----------

right, I've caught up to vol. 10. At least the writing, paneling, and organization have improved. It's a lot easier to understand now. I love its straightforwardness.

That aside, I know maybe the "first guy rule" applies so Yoshida is going to get the girl, like any shoujo manga. If this were josei she'd probably end up with Yamaken. Like how she should in real life anyway.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast