Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Real men are like wolves, with you for life or alone for it

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monks in the mosh pit, stage-diving Dalai Lama - Part 5

I LOVE seafood. I'm not used to spice xD It's not that common in the places where I lived (it's very common in the place where Agrias lived though). But I'm in for almost anything O: and I mean it!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    I LOVE seafood. I'm not used to spice xD It's not that common in the places where I lived (it's very common in the place where Agrias lived though). But I'm in for almost anything O: and I mean it!
    I believe she isn't from Fortaleza, but Rio so that might have had something to do with it. Personal tastes as well.

Good to know you're adventurous. I just hope there won't be similar repercussions as far as good goes with you sisters

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    If I ever decide to visit the US, I hope that Gu can come as well.
    OH! AND BTW!
    I'd also love a food tour *-*
    If you speak English as well as you type it, you're gonna need Gu. v.v

I'm not as good with food, but I can try my best! We do have Yelp after all. Plus, NYC has more restaurants than China has people.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If you speak English as well as you type it, you're gonna need Gu. v.v

I'm not as good with food, but I can try my best! We do have Yelp after all. Plus, NYC has more restaurants than China has people.
    No one said you were invited

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, you're the one who invited yourself. Farfy was talking about NYC, then you switched it to DC. GTFO.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It's in my thread. We had kibitz about the more popular places being overrated. Don't be jealous.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Plus you have no knowledge of food, besides what it takes to consume said food. And even then...

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

how am I jealous? read above, Farfy and I were talking about NYC.

And like I said, Yelp has more knowledge than I do, so that's good.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

how am I jealous? read above, Farfy and I were talking about NYC.

And like I said, Yelp has more knowledge than I do, so that's good.
    Not invited

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course you're not invited.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

She doesn't like you

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yes I am. I hope some Orange actually shows up at the Yard because it's always commandeered by Red Sox or Yankee fans when they visit. All that has happened with 15 years of losing though. Attendance is still poor, this franchise has a lot of work to do to earn back the trust of the fans and especially the business owners in the downtown area.

I guess that thought is sort of secondary to the series this weekend though. As far as whether they're ready or not...this team has been surprising in many ways so I can't say either way with any conviction. I guess it's easy to say they're not though.
    For one night at least, the Orioles made a strong statement. If the box score is to be believed they curbstomped the Yankees tonight. Strange team. Their run differential says they should have a losing record, but they have been consistently winning since the break. The August splits tell a different story - a vastly improved team since Arrieta and Matusz were sent to Norfalk. The win tonight guarantees they won't lose any ground in the race if the Yankees win the next two games.

I knew attendance was still poor, it takes more than being 3 back on the last day of August to reverse that. At least there are some positive signs this year. Angelos spent money resigning Adam Jones, no worries about losing him to free agency. Dan Duquette seems to have an eye for talent. Chen and Hammel (prior to his injury) were better signings than Yu Darvish and Mark Buehrle, for a fraction of the money.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 31, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    For one night at least, the Orioles made a strong statement. If the box score is to be believed they curbstomped the Yankees tonight. Strange team. Their run differential says they should have a losing record, but they have been consistently winning since the break. The August splits tell a different story - a vastly improved team since Arrieta and Matusz were sent to Norfalk. The win tonight guarantees they won't lose any ground in the race if the Yankees win the next two games.

I knew attendance was still poor, it takes more than being 3 back on the last day of August to reverse that. At least there are some positive signs this year. Angelos spent money resigning Adam Jones and Dan Duquette seems to have an eye for talent. Chen and Hammel (prior to his injury) were better signings than Yu Darvish and Mark Buehrle, for a fraction of the money.
    Duquette has impressed. Especially odd given the reaction people had to the signing. It makes MacPhail look especially bad as well in some ways, which I'm all for. Him consistently cutting the payroll since he was here looks fishy to me. It makes no sense unless he was getting something out of it. Whatever.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

She doesn't like you
    obviously she does, as I'm probably the most charismatic out of this entire forum. I suggest you not be deluded and just let me hang out with Farfy baa-chan.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Duquette has impressed. Especially odd given the reaction people had to the signing. It makes MacPhail look especially bad as well in some ways, which I'm all for. Him consistently cutting the payroll since he was here looks fishy to me. It makes no sense unless he was getting something out of it. Whatever.
    Ever since Gillick left, Orioles management never made sense. Let home grown talent walk, gut the farm system, sign big name, over the hill, veterans. The Orioles are so notorious for rushing prospects the (very logical and defensible) August call up of Manny Machado met with some skepticism in the press. Recent personnel decisions have been outstanding though, there is work to be done, but I think they are on the right track. I am dying to see Bundy pitch in the bigs, but have a feeling that he is a September 2013 call up.

The Hammel trade was particularly impressive. They gave up nothing to get him. The pitcher they traded started a game against the Nationals. He was complete garbage.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

obviously she does, as I'm probably the most charismatic out of this entire forum. I suggest you not be deluded and just let me hang out with Farfy baa-chan.
    Let you?...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Ever since Gillick left, Orioles management never made sense. Let home grown talent walk, gut the farm system, sign big name, over the hill, veterans. The Orioles are so notorious for rushing prospects the (very logical and defensible) August call up of Manny Machado met with some skepticism in the press. Recent personnel decisions have been outstanding though, there is work to be done, but I think they are on the right track. I am dying to see Bundy pitch in the bigs, but have a feeling that he is a September 2013 call up.

The Hammel trade was particularly impressive. They gave up nothing to get him. The pitcher they traded started a game against the Nationals. He was complete garbage.
    Angelos was a big spender when he first took over as majority owner. The going theory is the lack of results made him hold onto his money tighter.

The word is that Bundy isn't coming up this year for sure in September. I have no idea which is the better move, especially with critical games in the coming weeks.

I disagree that it was nothing. Jeremy Guthrie was out best pitcher for many years. Had more consistency than Erik Bedard, even though he had one stellar year. But Guthrie is at best a 3 in the rotation. He's not even with Colorado anymore and while his stint with Colorado was bad, he's nearly halved is ERA since joining the Royals. So no, not garbage IMO...but not better than Hammel, plus we got Matt Lindstrom in the deal as well who we traded for Joe Saunders. Who knows how that will pan out though.......not a good first outing.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast