Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dungeons

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dungeons

Yes, the dungeons. A pretty huge topic to discuss - after all they're more or less the starting point of this whole story. As far as we know Magi can make them appear and disappear at will but what is their ultimate purpose? How are they created and what's with the Djinn inside the Dungeon? Are they made artificially by the Magi or are they the spirit that dwells within the place where the dungeon was created?

As of know they're a pretty huge mystery to me and I'm a bit sceptic when it's about the Magi being able to make them appear at will. There's probably some kind of big obstacle to prevent the Magi from creating countless of the Dungeons, otherwise it would be overkill <_<

That being said, my favourite Dungeon probably would be the very first one. Nothing special but it really gave me the feeling of being a limitless place. Not to mention the nostalgia factor with Aladdin and Alibabas first interactions XD

Spoiler: Fav pictures of the first dungeon show
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; August 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Dungeons

I think it is an interesting subject. A dungeon is something created by a Magi. But so far Allidan has no idea how to create them. I dont think magi make the dungeon and Djinn inside they just make some shortcut to it or manifest something like an entrance to the dungeon which is already sort of there.

So far its known the wandering magi Yunan created the first dungeon and goes around creating more. Only he and Judal have made dungeons appear.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well aren't all Djinns made\created by Solomon?
    I guess that overview we see when they are exiting the dungeon is the best clue we have to guess what all this is about.
    My guess is that they do some kind of time travel, but idk for sure^^

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If the dungeons come from another world and Yunan just summoned them from it?
    I mean, there are already proofs of it, from the Toran language to the mysterious past of Aladdin, which seems to hint it.
    But it is also true that the dungeons are still structures shrouded in mistery, however this is the stron point of the manga no?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alibaba 4 King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong but right now I believe the Djinn were made by Solomon from his comrades in order to lead future kings and avoid this supposed tragedy from happening again. The dungeons are raised by magi but they only connect this world to the other and probably at specific points, meaning magi cant raise dungeons as they please.

I also believe that the "necropolis" Aladdin explains about as they travel through the end of Amon is a part of Alma Toran ruins. The picture posted by naruto-niichan shows it is a clean cut section of a city. Assuming Aladdin is from Alma Toran then the dungeons must exist in a separate time/space, but how did Aladdin end up alone at the "Holy Palace"?

The question on my mind about the dungeons is why are they being raised only now? Scheherazade was alive for 180+ years without erecting a dungeon and Yunan seems somewhat old. There must have been some sort of catalyst that caused Yunan to raise the 1st dungeon and Scheherazade to start choosing kings but right now that is a complete mystery.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bucho's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba 4 King View Post
    I could be wrong but right now I believe the Djinn were made by Solomon.
    Yes i think the same , cool this manga is awesome with it's djins and dungeons and mystery .

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm wondering is why and how Solomon inherited the power to erect dungeons to the Magi. Assuming that 4 King's theory is correct, then Dungeons are supposed to be erected and conquered only for peaceful purposes, nonetheless, I wonder why seemingly evil people could conquer the dungeon. One could conclude that Magi gain liberty in regards to choose who could conquer the dungeon.

I think Judal mentioned when he - some sort of - invading Sindria that Yunan "erect Dungeon as he pleases" mean that Dungeons have been existed for a long time. The question should not be "why are they being raised only now?" but more like "Why only recently that so many Dungeons are conquered?", I think.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    The question should not be "why are they being raised only now?" but more like "Why only recently that so many Dungeons are conquered?", I think.
    Could it be beacause of Al Sarmen overpowering the Kou Empire?
    I mean, other countries might be trying to conquer all the dungeons in order to fight against the empire.
    But I do know that this is a too simple answer.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Could it be beacause of Al Sarmen overpowering the Kou Empire?
    I mean, other countries might be trying to conquer all the dungeons in order to fight against the empire.
    But I do know that this is a too simple answer.
    I'm drawing a blank. It is hinted that Al Sarmen has been existed for a long time, obviously longer than Kou Empire, since Alma Torran was invaded by Dark Jinn and Al Sarmen combined. I somehow think overpowering Kou Empire as a sole purpose for Al Sarmen to conquer dungeon is an underachievement, according to Al Sarmen's standard, considering that Al Sarmen has such a big influence in the Magi world. There are more stable countries which are more worth to be overpowered, Sindria or Laem, for example.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alibaba 4 King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Judal mentioned when he - some sort of - invading Sindria that Yunan "erect Dungeon as he pleases" mean that Dungeons have been existed for a long time. The question should not be "why are they being raised only now?" but more like "Why only recently that so many Dungeons are conquered?", I think.
    I apologize if I'm wrong as I am just pulling this from memory, but I believe it was Sinbad who explained that Yunan raised the 1st dungeon 14 Years prior to the start of the story and Sinbad conquered it not too long after when he was 14 as well which is why i remember lol. Once the 1st dungeon was conquered then the others began to shoot up all over the place. That is why I think there was a trigger event that pushed the magi into action.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba 4 King View Post
    I could be wrong but right now I believe the Djinn were made by Solomon from his comrades in order to lead future kings and avoid this supposed tragedy from happening again. The dungeons are raised by magi but they only connect this world to the other and probably at specific points, meaning magi cant raise dungeons as they please.

I also believe that the "necropolis" Aladdin explains about as they travel through the end of Amon is a part of Alma Toran ruins. The picture posted by naruto-niichan shows it is a clean cut section of a city. Assuming Aladdin is from Alma Toran then the dungeons must exist in a separate time/space, but how did Aladdin end up alone at the "Holy Palace"?

The question on my mind about the dungeons is why are they being raised only now? Scheherazade was alive for 180+ years without erecting a dungeon and Yunan seems somewhat old. There must have been some sort of catalyst that caused Yunan to raise the 1st dungeon and Scheherazade to start choosing kings but right now that is a complete mystery.
    You know what you're talking about

Djinns were made by Solomon and Dungeons are made by Magis. It should be a connection between them that only Solomon knows, because i don't believe the magis know what Djinn is going to appear on the Dungeon that they create. Things like a different world i don't agreed though and the place is somewhat irrelevant to me.

The Necropolis theory is quite interesting, it represents the devastation of any type of life that lived in Solomon's age. The Holy Palace is to me the very Solomon's Dungeon where his most beloved friend is, Ugo , waiting for his proxy to guide and teach him. That puts Aladdin on another level comparing it with the other Magis.

An answer to your question, i think the catalyst of emerged dungeons is Sinbad's birth. A warrior that only is born each 1000 years, which indeed is the best candidate to be the great king and is needed to be selected by the Djinns by powerscale. Instead Magis who select Kings by other aspects that are free to choose themselves.

Why Solomon put his men into Djinns it has a meaning behind, something not related about just elect a King but fight against depravation. Anyway i expect a good explanation.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

As was said, I believe that Dungeons are actually portals to Alma Toran. So the Magis don't raise them, they just find them. If that wouldn't be the case, then Al Sarmen would just spawn all the Dungeons close to the Kou Empire to take advantage.

And I believe that after Sinbad conquered one, people around the world started to have more courage and try to conquer fame as well.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm drawing a blank. It is hinted that Al Sarmen has been existed for a long time, obviously longer than Kou Empire, since Alma Torran was invaded by Dark Jinn and Al Sarmen combined. I somehow think overpowering Kou Empire as a sole purpose for Al Sarmen to conquer dungeon is an underachievement, according to Al Sarmen's standard, considering that Al Sarmen has such a big influence in the Magi world. There are more stable countries which are more worth to be overpowered, Sindria or Laem, for example.
    Yeah, I know that Al sarmen was present since the times of Alma Toran.
    I was just trying to give you an answer about why the dungeons had been conquered only recently.
    By the way I guess you're right; there are more worth country to be overpowered.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There's so much interesting theories here

I just wondered about thee Necropolis thingy. Why is it Amon's dungeon has only a underground city, or Necropolis, while Zagan's dungeon hasn't? Will these Necropolis (The same architecture styles) be present with the other dungeons as well? Or they vary with the type of Djinn that resides within the dungeon?

BTW, I still believe that the dungeons were raised by magis, not just found them. Like in some part of the manga, which I can't recall what chapter, it is said that Yunan has been raising and closing dungeons as he pleases. Having said that, maybe the magis only raise a dungeon when they feel a king candidate is nearby.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kiwippa's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this by chance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_al-Ard

Very interesting to read. I could imagine the portal theory working like that in Magi.

Also, about the last translated Persian part, it totally made me think of the Djinns and Ugo.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast