Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magi: Favourite Character

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi: Favourite Character

Magi
    Favorite Character

This thread is for your favorite character in the series. Please write the name or names of the characters you like and a few brief words about why that person is your favorite. Even if multiple members pick the same character as their favorite, everyone will usually have a different or unique reason for liking a character. Hence, I thought this might be pretty interesting to read about everyone's POV. So share your favorite character and the reason for liking them here.

Who is your favorite character & Why?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SubliminalInsanity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi: Favourite Character

I honestly have a fondness for most of the characters, but I'll try to narrow it down...

Sinbad is definitely the top of my list. The first time he showed up in front of Aladdin and Mor had me cracking up, and as the story progressed I loved how he's not quite the "nice guy" people make him out by appearance. He's sexy, funny, and very complex, and I look forward to learning more about him as the series continues.

Alibaba & Aladdin. Although I'm particularly drawn to Alibaba as my second choice, these two kinda go hand in hand for me. ^^ I love the relationship they've shared since the beginning and how they are both the main characters of this story who are growing up as they continue their journey both together and separately. It's pretty obvious that they will make incredible changes as they grow stronger, and I look forward to see how they will change the world in this story.

Sharrkan is my 3rd/4th in the list cause he reminds me of my first anime crush, Tasuki (Fushigi Yuugi) X3. Although like Alibaba he looks like a carefree, unreliable type...which is sometimes true XDD...he's actually one of Sindria's strongest and most reliable fighters in a pinch. I love his punk-like "-Aahn" responses he makes towards Alibaba when he loses the fight in the Zagan arc, and I feel like he might do something surprising in the future.

Morgiana is my 5th. Although a badass fighter when in battle, she's a real sweetheart who actually has a girly side that's been pushed down from years of enslavement. I find it cute how it resurfaces from time to time, especially when Alibaba compliments her like at Sindria's party...and then breaks the floor when he pisses her off. XDD

Masrur...just because he's plain awesome. > w < Sure he doesn't say much, but I feel like because of that he is far wiser than he lets on. And although I'm usually not taken by very muscular guys, something about him is really appealing; I give you props for that, Shinobu. XD

Jafar would be in sixth for me. Because out of the 8 generals he seems to know a lot about Sinbad both his dark and light side. And I get the feeling that despite what he said to him, he would pull the reigns on him if he does something that he feels is wrong.

Though I'm having mixed feelings about him, Hakuryuu is still one of my favorites. Although he looked like a stoic kind of person at the beginning, he's actually a lot of fun. That crybaby side of him in particular X3
    Last edited by SubliminalInsanity; September 05, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Best Buds

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In no particular order.

Ren Gyokuen for not giving a crap about anyone but herself. Willing to do anything to gain & maintain power even going so far as to kill her own children. Super powerful female(possibly the strongest character in the series) who's a great candidate for main antagonist. She's easily my favorite character from the Ren family.

Sinbad for just being a badarse. I can't wait until his true motivation is revealed. Another good candidate for main antagonist. I can see him marrying Gyokuen to further his own agenda.

Mogamett is by far the most complex character in the series. You ether love him because of his devotion to his people or hate him for being a flat out racist. Regardless of how you feel you can't ignore this guys passion & honesty. Dude tells it like it is within his point of view. It's to bad that he mite die in the upcoming war.

Alibaba is probably the best developed main character of the series. I look forward to seeing just how far he can go.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Alibaba first. I really like how He handles the situations, and how human He is about it. Also, He surprised me the most.
    2. Aladding because He always find the way. I really like how He just listen to people.
    3. Mogamett because his complexity as a character.
    4. Yunan because He is enveloped in mystery. And I like how he was presented.
    5. Titus. I love characters that are non-human and their inner fights to become one. I just loved it.
    6. Ren Gyokuen. She's a complete bitch. I like that.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always wanted to do this but I always forgot. I love all of Magi's characters, and besides Judal one or two they are all amazing and I love seeing them act in the manga.

So, my absolute favorite character in Magi is Morgiana. Without a doubt. I honestly love how her character is handled. She's an absolute powerhouse, but she isn't all brawn. She's constantly curious about her surroundings, and she won't hesitate to tell people what she thinks. I love how she clings to her past, but she does it in a way that empowers her. Of course she's mentally and physically scarred from being a slave her whole life, but she always actively tries to work against that feeling, which is just so awesome. Even though it was so long ago, I still get chills when she realizes no one can ever hold her against her will, ever again. Nothing will ever weigh her down as literally as enslavement did, and her reaction to this revelation is both badass and emotional.

Another reason why I love her character is that she doesn't soften into a well-adjusted person overnight. She still has reservations on what things she finds important, and its very realistic. Like when Sinbad and Alibaba discuss what metal to use for her household vessel, you can see that she's so uncomfortable with wearing jewellry, because she's never been allowed to have any. But later when Alibaba gives her a necklace before departing to Laem, she smiles and wears it proudly, because at that moment she understands why someone would wear it. Likewise when Morgiana tells Alibaba and Aladdin that she wants to be a part of their group, she doesn't get that they've already become friends, even if she understands that they're close. And lastly, her rejection of Hakuryuu's proposal was great too, because she's self-aware to know she doesn't need to return his feelings to her, even if she appreciates his love. Its stuff like that that makes Morgiana super awesome to me. She's fiercely independent, both in body and spirit.

Other characters I love and are also favorites: Alibaba, Aladdin, Sinbad, Masrur, Jafar, Yamuraiha, and Gyokuen. Sinbad is kind of my second favorite, if I were to really think about it. But they are all on the same level to be honest.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

First on my list is Aladdin! Of course, that's because he's the main protagonist, but that's just more than that! I think he's one of the cutest, yet a really BADASS protagonist I've ever seen. I love the way how his true identity were being revealed, little by little.

He's not also the stereotype main character that developed his/her skill in just one moment or in a short matter of time. I like how Ohtaka illustrate his character development, from the time he lost Ugo-kun, he gained new and raw power, and now, how he was able to observe carefully the situation and when to act. For me, I could clearly see myself to him... Not to mention, I really love his perverted side (though he's just a kid), his CUTENESS and the mystery that envelops him.

I also like Scheherazade! For some reason, I find her name really interesting, though I always ha a hard time pronouncing and even spell her name :P I kind of like when she gets angry.

In all of the introduced characters, I've always drawn to their eyes. Ohtaka's style for drawing eyes is really beautiful

11. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

XD I agree, Sche's eyes on the cover of vol 15 were the first thing I looked at. So bright and green

My favorite character would be Alibaba, I like how the author makes him so kind but still human. Sometimes he hesitates to do something,but I love how he comes through. His way of acting makes him look like an idiot sometimes, but he's actually quite cunning.
    He's kind of a butt monkey so when he stands out and accomplishes something it's very up-lifting.

I also really love Morgianna, that time where she got free gives me chills. She's so fierce and brave as well as supportive for her friends. I like how reliable she is. And she's so sweet

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Because I don't like rankings, without any particular order:

Morgiana - I like how she still struggles with her past and not just shrug it off. It's interesting to watch how she discovers herself anew after she is freed from her shackles.
    And she's so cute when she's angry.

Scheherazade - Badass Adorable
    It impresses me how she is ready for anything to protect Laem. And her eyes

Alibaba - I was pretty surprised when he showed some serious skills in Amon's dungeon. Until then I thought he was just a good-for-nothing, but he and his past has won me over. And nobody's more funny than him.

Mogamett - He has one of the most interesting personalities I've ever seen in a manga.

Kougyoku - For being a S-class tsundere
    No, to be honest, I didn't like her at first, but as we've got to know her better, she has become one of my favorite characters, especially her interaction with Alibaba was very interesting.

Judal - He's probably evil, but I feel there is something about him we don't know yet. He entices people to curse their destiny, but he also helped Kougyoku, so I don't know how to regard him yet.

Gyokuen - For being a complete and utter villain, even to her family.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Judal deserves more love in this thread.

My first and foremost favorite character in Magi would be Judal. In all honesty, I might find that the first several arcs of Magi would be bland if it's not because of the appearance of Judal. Judal perfectly serves as the main antagonist in the first several arcs, and his characteristics, which are totally the opposite of Aladdin, are detestable yet intriguing. I'm expecting from him in the future, since I believe we haven't really see his full potential and background story yet. I put a lot of faith on you, Ohtaka!

Second in my list would be our boob-loving and cute protagonist, Aladdin. Just like what Alpha already said, I really like his character development. Restlessly seeking for his true identity, I could feel his hardships and journey for some reason. He's a character that I (or us) could emotionally connected with, so I fail to see if someone who likes reading Magi does not like Aladdin.

Third would be Jafar and Yamu. Ever since their first appearance in Sindria and Balbadd, I know they would be two of my favorite characters. One thing that I like the most from them is they can be cool on one occasion and downright hilarious on the other. , on this one, I also have a wishful thinking where their backgrounds are explained.

Scheherazade would be in the fourth position. For Scherry, I don't know why, but I really love her design.. The moment I saw her for the first time, I noticed "Damn, this character has a lot of dignity". I also agree that Scherry has a pair of wonderful and beautiful eyes, eyes which can entrap you once you gaze into them

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see.....

1) Aladdin: I like the mistery that still surrounds him, and with his boobs fetish he really makes me laugh a lot. XD
    2) Alibaba: So far he is the most developed character of the series and thus one of my favourite; hope that he has found the strenght necessary to fight.
    3) Morgiana: She's cute, strong and also well developed as a character; I want to know ASAP her past.
    4) Hakuryuu: He's a funny but also complex character; his revenge sure is an interesting one, but I hope that he won't "curse his destiny", because I want to see him again with Aladdin and the others.
    5) Sinbad: BADASS and funny as hell; I will tell only this.
    6) Magomett: Ok, at first I hated this character, but after knowing his story, I came to love him, because I think he's the most complex of the entire manga cast. I wonder what his destiny will be.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Witchy's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! *pushes thread* :'D

Whenever I have to mention my favourite characters, I mention three: Alibaba, Jafar and Kouha.
    Alibaba was the first, of course. The very first Magi character I really liked. He's the idiotic but bright main character (almost) everybody likes, with a heart of gold. Some time later Jafar showed up, and he was totally my type, too. Nice and sweet with children and well-behaved people on one hand, and always scolding Sinbad and easily irritated on the other. xDD And then lots of months later, Kouha. He's my pink little psycho, who has a sensitive core deep within and cares about people nobody respects or acknowledges. I have a soft spot for him. x3"

I always mention these three, but I have a very big heart for Aladdin, too. He's a gorgeous main, very sweet, but can be so damn badass if he has to. But never forgetting his heart of gold, just like Alibaba. I love these two together, and one can see clearly how much they care for each other.

Judal ... I always act as if I don't really like him, but that's not it. He is a damn sexy black thing and I bet if he died one day, I would cry like an idiot. And I want to know a lot more about him. For me, he's one of the characters you don't want to add to your favourites because of ... dunno, pride? 8D Haha.

Other characters I like are Morgiana, Kougyoku (somehow even more than Mor by now), Scheherazade (that woman deserves more respect, and she's cute to the max), and Spartos (why the hell do we know so little about him?! T___T).
    I'm also sympathetic to Cassim, Dunya and some more "minor" characters.

Magi has A LOT interesting and sweet characters.
    Last edited by Witchy; February 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member 0Yun0's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my favorite characters are Titus, Alibaba and Dunya.

I loved Titus' internal fight while in Magnostadt. Even if he was a brat in the beginning, he is also one of the kindest characters in the series. He never hated Scheherazade and wanted to help both sides of the war.

Alibaba is another character whose kindness won me over. I mean, sure he is naive, but he really tries hard to have peace BY peaceful means and his talk with Kougyoku in the Balbadd arc was one of the best moments in the whole story, in my opinion.

Dunya, on another hand, had a great impact in Aladdin's character development and her story was well-executed. She was the main reason that Aladdin went to Magnostadt, after all.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite character in Magi is....Sinbad of course. Even though he's a drunkard and a womanizer, and a manipulator
    I loved the Sindria arc, and the interactions between him and the eight generals.
    Also this should have been Sinbad's character song(it's slightly NSFW):

After Sinbad I think the Aladdin and Alibaba combi comes next. Especially Alibaba, I've been liking his character a lot lately.
    That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by ladylola; February 25, 2014 at 02:58 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add Titus in my top favorites. I just love him. His innocence, his sweet smile, his value to life and his story. I love how he was given a second chance to live as a new individual, as a new magi. I also love their mother and son relationship with Scheherazade, and I think you would rarely see such as that strong passionate relationship in a shonen manga. Also, Titus is the new baby of the series.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Aladdin and Sinbad are my favorites. Then Kougyoku, Hakuryuu and Kouha. I am liking Kouen and Koumei more and more, the Kou family is awesome .

I must mention Hakuei and Ka Kobun too .
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast