Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Where Do I Start In The Manga?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where Do I Start In The Manga?

Hey guys I just finished season 2 of the Magi anime and I am in love with it, I was just wondering which manga chapter I should start on if I just finished season 2?
    Thanks!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where Do I Start In The Manga?

The anime ends at chapter 198, so you can start reading from chapter 199.
    But honestly, I'm pretty sure a lot of the forum members here including me would advise to start the manga from beginning if you have the time because the anime skips and alters a lot of scenes, and some parts are really lacking compared to it's manga counterparts.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you should start from the beginning. Most of the time, anime doesn't substitute the original material because of many reasons, airmattress said very well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

After I finished season 1 of the anime I started reading the manga starting from the Zagan arc, because they changed most of its content(turning Alibaba to an emo black djinn user is unforgivable) and when I caught up to the manga I started reading it again from the beginning.
    If you're really in a hurry you can try to catch up to the manga, if not I suggest you read it from the beginning .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ayameyume's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the first season, then with Second Balbadd Arc + Alma Torran Arc, then season 2, then Magnostadt Arc, then from beginning lol
    If you really want to know the real content, I advised you to read it from beginning since there's many altered information in anime one. But if you want to catch up with the newest one then from Chapter 199.
    Ren Kouen and Ren Kouha's Fan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignoring the horrific ending to season 1, and the changes with Alibaba's brothers that I actually somewhat preferred in the anime, the anime is actually pretty faithful to the manga in terms of the basic narrative. However I feel like the art of the manga adds way more drama and importance to significant events and information, and that's not something you can ignore so it's definitely worth reading the entire manga at the very least from the Zagan Arc and onward.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

I only read the Zagan part in the manga and the sindria fights because I heard they changed a lot and they did, but did they change or omit other things as well? in the first season?
    People told me it was faithful, and the second season was even more faithful so I just continued from chapter 197

Magi, Naruto, One piece , Hunter x Hunter , Fate/Zero, YuGiOh

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro Zoldyck View Post
    I only read the Zagan part in the manga and the sindria fights because I heard they changed a lot and they did, but did they change or omit other things as well? in the first season?
    People told me it was faithful, and the second season was even more faithful so I just continued from chapter 197
    Other than the ones you mentioned, they also completely rearranged the scenes in the dungeon arc and omitted a couple of them.
    they also omitted a few scenes from the pirate arc and the magic city arc (I can never spell the name of the city :P).
    other than that they changed some small things here and there.
    however, my main problem with the anime is the complete INCONSISTENTY when it comes to the animation. some scenes are beautiful, but others are just terrible. because of the poor animation many fights and scenes greatly pale in comparison compared to the manga. just look at the reim vs magic city war: In the anime it was so sluggish slow and outright boring, especially the first part. also it just didn't give off the vibe that it was a huge war.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info I was wondering the same as the TC but now I will be reading the manga from the beginning.

New Reply