Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who will get to kill Gyokuen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hakuryuu

0 0%
  • Aladdin

3 30.00%
  • Sinbad

3 30.00%
  • Kouen

0 0%
  • Other

4 40.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who will kill Arba/Gyokuen?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi Who will kill Arba/Gyokuen?

So now that we know Gyokuen's real identity,and how she killed Sheba, the question that I've been asking myself is who will get to kill/defeat Gyokuen?
    The obvious answer would be Hakuryuu, but we saw that he wasn't able to lay a finger on her. Now that we know she's Arba, that she's the second more powerful magician after Solomon, that will make her almost impossible to defeat, and since she killed Sheba, it's been obvious to me that Aladdin will have to settle the score with her, but I don't see him actually defeating her right now because he still has lots of magic to learn, so his only chance would be Solomon's wisdom, but for that she needs to have something good left in her lol.
    Other than Aladdin I can only see one person being able to stand up to her, and that would be the first class singularity, Sinbad himself. Why? Because he seems to have mastered his djinns and he was able to deal quite some damage to the medium only with his normal attack with Baal. As for his motivation, well if has any kind of relation with David, then he'll want to get rid of her because she's not part of his plan anymore, if she destroys the world then David's plan will fail.
    Oh and I guess that Kouen has some reasons to go after her, but can he really defeat her? I just think that Sinbad is slightly stronger given how he's a miracle and a singularity(I'm gonna get flamed by Kouen's fansXD)
    So what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by ladylola; August 27, 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member minette's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will kill Arba/Gyokuen?

I dont think it will be Hakuryuu as characters like him, fueled by vengeance, rarely succeed

My money is on David
    He kills Gyokuen and reveals himself as an antagonist

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but what if he ends up being reincarnated as Sinbad?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hayatempest's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Oh and I guess that Kouen has some reasons to go after her, but can he really defeat her? I just think that Sinbad is slightly stronger given how he's a miracle and a singularity(I'm gonna get flamed by Kouen's fansXD)
    LOL! Why would we flame you? You were only stating the truth.

Here are my thoughts on each of the possibilities:

Hakuryuu: yeah, he's after her and he's more hellbent than everyone to turn her into sheesh kebab, but the author had Alibaba intending to stop him and not wanting him to end up like Cassim. It could also turn out that Hakuryuu indeed kills her, Aladdin shows him her memories through Solomon's wisdom, goes crazy like Cassim and Alibaba this time around manages to save him somehow.

Aladdin: even if Arba killed his mother, I don't think Aladdin is the type who would go for revenge. The most I can see him doing against her is scowling at her and casting Solomon's wisdom and showing us her backstory and why she turned this way.

Sinbad: while he's the most capable one of defeating her, I can see stuff happening and him not battling against her. Besides, of all the characters listed in the poll, it will make the least sense for him storywise to be the one who kills her.

Kouen: now this makes me uneasy. At this point, I can see one of these scenarios happening: 1) Kouen dying before he gets to her while protectig Hakuryuu 2) he will manage to kill her while doing something suicidal 3) he kills her and lives on, but it earns him Hakuryuu hatred for stealing his revenge and Hakuei blaming him for killing her mother, who she cares for despite everything 4) Kouen fails to kill her, but Hakuryuu, as part of his character growth, overcomes his hatred for him and saves him (this I'd like to see happening)

Others: 1) no one kills Arba, but after Aladdin casts Solomon's wisdom and it turns out she's manipulated by David (if that were indeed the case) she dies while protecting Hakuryuu as her last act as a mother 2) David kills her after she serves her purpose.

I'm torn between Kouen and others. I'll give it some thought before voting.
    Last edited by Hayatempest; August 27, 2014 at 04:30 PM.
    EnEi crazy fangirl<3
    FF9<3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's obvious that the ones who will defeat arba are the 3 characters that we've known and loved very early in the manga. I know it might seem like they are not strong enough right, but I'm sure they'll get better and eventually succeed. I think all of you know who I'm talking about:
    Spoiler show

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Kouen is important enough plotwise to kill her off. Characters like Gyokuen are either defeated by the MC ,with the help of others of course, or by another antagonist to show off their power level.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayatempest View Post
    LOL! Why would we flame you? You were only stating the truth.

Here are my thoughts on each of the possibilities:

Hakuryuu: yeah, he's after her and he's more hellbent than everyone to turn her into sheesh kebab, but the author had Alibaba intending to stop him and not wanting him to end up like Cassim. It could also turn out that Hakuryuu indeed kills her, Aladdin shows him her memories through Solomon's wisdom, goes crazy like Cassim and Alibaba this time around manages to save him somehow.

Aladdin: even if Arba killed his mother, I don't think Aladdin is the type who would go for revenge. The most I can see him doing against her is scowling at her and casting Solomon's wisdom and showing us her backstory and why she turned this way.

Sinbad: while he's the most capable one of defeating her, I can see stuff happening and him not battling against her. Besides, of all the characters listed in the poll, it will make the least sense for him storywise to be the one who kills her.

Kouen: now this makes me uneasy. At this point, I can see one of these scenarios happening: 1) Kouen dying before he gets to her while protectig Hakuryuu 2) he will manage to kill her while doing something suicidal 3) he kills her and lives on, but it earns him Hakuryuu hatred for stealing his revenge and Hakuei blaming him for killing her mother, who she cares for despite everything 4) Kouen fails to kill her, but Hakuryuu, as part of his character growth, overcomes his hatred for him and saves him (this I'd like to see happening)

Others: 1) no one kills Arba, but after Aladdin casts Solomon's wisdom and it turns out she's manipulated by David (if that were indeed the case) she dies while protecting Hakuryuu as her last act as a mother 2) David kills her after she serves her purpose.

I'm torn between Kouen and others. I'll give it some thought before voting.
    Oh ok then I'm fine XD
    It might be too early to know for sure how things will go, but right now it does seem that Arba while she seems like the main villain she could just end up being a tool used by David .Kouen and Hakuryuu are the ones who are closest to her, but at the same time it wouldn't be interesting if one of them killed her off. Mostly because Hakuryuu has fallen into her trap, so he will most likely become the medium, as for Kouen he can try to fight her but it won't be easy for him to kill her (after all she's Hakuei's mom), even plotwise we need to know her background about how she became this twisted so the ideal scenario is for him to kill her after Aladdin used SW on her. As for Sinbad while he seems to be geographically far from her, he has the best reasons to kill her, as I said David and him will prolly think that she served her purpose when Alma Toran was destroyed, there is no need to let her destroy the new world where the true utopia is supposed to be achieved.
    Well it might be possible that all these characters gang up on her, and only one of them deals the final blow, that would be interesting. And lol @airmattress really the nando brothers?
    Last edited by ladylola; August 27, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minette View Post
    I dont think Kouen is important enough plotwise to kill her off. Characters like Gyokuen are either defeated by the MC ,with the help of others of course, or by another antagonist to show off their power level.
    True, but the way his conversation with Aibaba went in 212 and him pausing before explaining how he's going to dirty his hands gave me the impression he's a stronger possibility than Hakuryuu. Since I see him battling against her and defeating her or not will only bring him tragedy, I'm hoping for other possibilities to happen, and of course him failing and Hakuryuu saving him, which will result in Kouen swearing fealty to him with all the others under Kouen's command to follow.

I think I'll go with others after all.
    EnEi crazy fangirl<3
    FF9<3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member alchem1485's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, how the Solomon wisdom work then? By Simply show their past, by the point she/he regreted, then tell them that just a misfortune, and it's okay to deal with it? If so, I don't see Solomon wisdom work to Arba/Gyoukuen then, because She is simply a fanatic! Her hatred, how to say that, hmm Original, level that she just want destroy everything!
    If the story follow typical shounen story, Obvious we can say the one who will kill her is MC or someone who have strong motive, Hakuryuu. But neither of them capable to do that ( as long as story happen). They will need much power up before capable to do that. But, there is other one that have strong motive to kill/defeat her. Sinbad. From what he say to Alibaba (and Aladdin) he have strong motive to defeat Al Tharmen, that include their leader, Gyoukuen. I think we will see his motive in AoS.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking it would be interesting if Hakuei killed her mother, she really has strong reasons to do that.First she killed her father and her two brothers, and is currently torturing her younger brother, to the point that he's turning mad with hatred. She might do that to protect him(lthe way a sister should always protect her little brother) and if it turns out that she wants to harm Kouen too then she could really lose it and kill the bitch .

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    and if it turns out that she wants to harm Kouen too then she could really lose it and kill the bitch .
    Well, she's the master of Paimon: the spirit of chaos and mad love

Hakuei going yandere and killing her mother so neither Hakuryuu or Kouen would soil their hands will be interesting, and it will go along with her djinn's description.
    EnEi crazy fangirl<3
    FF9<3

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol yeah but I can only see her killing her after they all fought her and she didn't see her coming, she would prolly just deal the final blow.But yeah her motivation would be stronger than Kouen's and Hakuryuu's.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyokuen is an undisputed master of manipulation and psychopathy, and I think that trumps her personal strength in terms of what defines her right now. Therefore I think her defeat will be based on something unexpected to her, something she failed to control and that's why I think the Hakuei theory is a good one. She'd probably be strong enough to thrash most characters except Sinbad who I really don't want her to fight, so in the end I could see her using her psycho mother mode on Hakuei to try and convince her to do something awful like finish off Hakuryuu and his "rebellion", leading to Hakuei getting in a fatal surprise attack. Or like others said she could get taken out by David, and I hope to GOD he would do it in the exact same way she killed his clone and doesn't pull an Aizen "this-has-all-been-according-to-plan" backslash (though his backslashes seemed to have a 0% fatality rate...).

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that Arba hears a voice inside her head and was created by David the " all according to keikaku" theory is quite plausible

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody had voted for Hakuryuu .
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast