Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Regarding the Tobi = Obito reveal is

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • I foresaw it and am totally fine with

35 26.52%
  • I didn't see it coming and didn't like it

6 4.55%
  • I don't have feelings either way

3 2.27%
  • I didn't see it coming but am totally fine with it

9 6.82%
  • I foresaw it and didn't like it

37 28.03%
  • I'm reserving judgement

42 31.82%
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 599 Obito Uchiha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Grizz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 599 Obito Uchiha

Kishimoto has really messed up the timeline. he needs to go back and re-read most of the chapters from the beginning again cause this is becoming rather annoying.. none of this makes any sense. whether he has had enough of writting naruto i dont know, but stop fuckin with us. all the ninjas in the academy when u look carefully the ages dont match and some of them shouldnt even have been there at the point. kishimoto better have a good reason about revealing tobi as obito cause this has caused a lot of confusion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi being Obito; why should I care if it is Obito or not. if it is Obito or someone else; I will be fine with it. it's not like I have personal liking or disliking for Obito.

but the problem lies somewhere else. from the time I started reading the manga, I always participated in Naruto debates in another forum; thus the love for details. so when I look back, I see many reasons for which I cannot accept Tobi as Obito. neither as the same person, nor as an imposter. both options seem to be flawed.

and another problem is how careless the author of this manga has become. the recent chapter has been a very big disappointment.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    TOBI IS KAGAMI UCHIHA IN OBITO’S BODY
    It can be Kagami but you have to look from 2 points of view:

1. Kagami is such a minor caracter we know almost nothing about him (except he was an Uchiha and he was in Tobirama's team), so he can't be an important villain.
    2. If he was was introduced in the story it means he has a role.

Don't get me wrong I like the ideea of Tobi being Kagami and you have a good theory but as I said you have to look from 2 points of view

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peeto View Post
    I think that it was the real Madara, who was controlling fourth mizukage back then, just look at the hair
    I'm also intended to think that the long hair one is the real Madara and the short hair one is Obito.
    But, we saw that the one controlling Yagura was the long-hair one.

And then, years after that, the short-hair one (Obito) show his face to Kisame, and Kisame recognized him as the one controlling Yagura.
    This doesn't make sense...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I'm also intended to think that the long hair one is the real Madara and the short hair one is Obito.
    But, we saw that the one controlling Yagura was the long-hair one.

And then, years after that, the short-hair one (Obito) show his face to Kisame, and Kisame recognized him as the one controlling Yagura.
    This doesn't make sense...
    The only thing I can think of is either he used a Genjutsu on Kisame, or he had one of Madara's eyes implanted which Kisame recognized? The Genjutsu would be an easy scapegoat.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franklyn D. Kieran View Post
    The only thing I can think of is either he used a Genjutsu on Kisame, or he had one of Madara's eyes implanted which Kisame recognized? The Genjutsu would be an easy scapegoat.
    Wouldn't a Genjutsu make the mask irrelevant? Why wear a mask, if you can fool anyone with Genjutsu?

Besides there is a significant... obvious difference between Madaras and Obitos face. And I don't remember anyone who recognizes a ninja just by looking at the Sharingan.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Wouldn't a Genjutsu make the mask irrelevant? Why wear a mask, if you can fool anyone with Genjutsu?

Besides there is a significant... obvious difference between Madaras and Obitos face. And I don't remember anyone who recognizes a ninja just by looking at the Sharingan.
    No the mask is still relevant, not EVERY ninja is going to look into Tobi's eyes. And it'd be tiresome to have to cast Genjutsu on everybody who lays eyes on him, it'd be a waste of chakra, also not everybody might fall for said genjustu. So he would still need the mask to hide his identity, I didn't say he could fool anyone with a genjutsu, I said he may have fooled Kisame.

And he could easily have had some kind of surgery or had something to change his appearance, so not recognizing his face Kisame recognized his Sharingan, which he may have known to be Madara's. Even then the genjutsu is a lot more likely.
    Last edited by Franklyn D. Kieran; September 02, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    gotta agree with you ... for me it is an alarming error
    sure. on a side note,I suggest you modify a little bit your signature: some parts of it have been explained

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    Leaving aside the messed up timeline that Chapter 599 has created(Did Kishi even check his work before starting this chapter.It looks like fan service!), I'm still not convinced Tobi is Obito and before the next chapter confirms some of the possibilities, I would like to make an assumption.

TOBI IS KAGAMI UCHIHA IN OBITO’S BODY

He looks different than he did when he first appeared.
    He needs to implant new Zetsu cells every few months to maintain his body. Side effect of e looks different than he did when he first appeared.Immortality justsu. Just look at Orochimaru.When he fought Konan, he was getting ready for the infusion and so had his head bandaged and his damaged portion looked aged.

Obito’s claims to have given Nagato the Rinnegan & be behind akatsuki’s creation
    TOBI IS NOT OBITO. I believe Tobi is a relative of Obito, most likely his father. Also, Tobi is related to Madara and Nagato may be Madara’s son from an extramarital affair. He may have acted as Nagato’s and Yahiko’s mentor and trained the earlier in the Rinnegan and inspired the later to start the Akatsuki.

Obito’s claims to be Madara
    The power of the name and he could get away with it because he knew Madara intimately.

Obito’s tenure as the Fourth Mizukage
    He may have left the Konoha village to learn more about the Shinobi world. By overpowering a kage, he started his project eternal tsukiyomi and started searching for co-workers, finding one in Kisame. Being a very secretive village, he felt he could get away with controlling the mizukage without being discovered.

Tobi’s relation to Kisame
    Kisame might have been frustrated of the lies needed to live as a shinobi. He despised his work and so, when he heard about Tobi’s plan, seeing no alternative to the endless deception he joined Tobi.

Tobi’s relation with Madara
    Tobi is most probably Madara’s son or nephew. Madara may have instructed Tobi to mentor Nagato and use his rinnegan to revive his father/uncle.

Tobi’s relation with Kakashi
    Tobi knows Kakashi well but not intimately. He most probably knows about Kakashi’s visit to Obito’s grave. Strong hints that Tobi is Obito’s father.

Tobi’s relation with Itachi
    Itachi may have known that there is more to Tobi but didn’t really care as Tobi agreed to help him destroy the Uchiha clan. Also, being familiar with Madara’s methods, he may have been able to convince Itachi that he was Madara.

Tobi’s skill compared to Minato
    If Tobi is Obito’s father, his mastery of kamui and the sharingan may have allowed him to go toe to toe with his son’s mentor and control the Nine Tails at the same time.

Obito’s motive for the Leaf’s destruction
    He wanted the kyuubi and tried to hasten his own clan’s demise by attacking the village. As the perpetrator was an Uchiha, the blame would fall on the clan and he waited until he could take revenge for his father/uncle’s banishment from the village.

Infinite genjutsu
    Rin’s death may have played a part in this, but I believe Tobi had endured many losses due to the three Wars and believed, like Danzo, that peace could only be achieved by force. If Tobi is Kagami and he is Madara’s nephew and Obito’s father, he has really seen so much hatred in the shinobi world that he is sick of it. His father, uncle, son and mentor all died because of this hatred and so, he has embraced his former teammate Danzo’s philosophy as a messenger of forceful peace. This can be achieved by taking away free will by infinite genjutsu.

Conclusion
    Kagami has perfected the immortality justu so he can transfer his soul to dead bodies. As the DNAs are similar, Obito’s Zetsufied body is perfect for Kagami.

WHY KAGAMI?
    Timeline shows strongly that he is the next generation after Madara and Izuna. (son? nephew?)
    Teacher is Second Hokage who dealt with forbidden jutsu. (Immortality justu?)
    Tobi’s ideology is strongly similar to Danzo (forceful peace). Danzo was a team mate of Kagami. (Project eternal tsukiyomi)
    Timeline hints that Tobi is of the generation before Obito. (Obito’s father?)
    Tobi’s words hint he knows Kakashi visits Obito’s grave and that Kakashi has Obito’s sharingan. (Obito’s father hinted strongly)

I really hope that whatever chapter 600 and later holds is mindblowing enough to make us forget the current chapter. IN KISHI WE TRUST!
    what's the point of being kagami when neither the eyes nor the body is his own? kagami is offlimits too.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see Kisame being successfully fooled by a simple Genjutsu.

There are ninjas who got fooled by the Sharingan, because they didn't even know about Sharingan and its mechanics. Deidara is a perfect example.

But the first time Kisame saw the Sharingan, he recognizes it as such in an instant and proves that he is quite familiar with its powers.

He is also the one who explains Deidara how he got trapped in a Genjutsu just by looking at it.

Additionally this guy was partnererd with one of the best Genjutsu user so far over years. It's hard for me to accept that Kisame was fooled so easy.
    Last edited by syx; September 02, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I just don't see Kisame being successfully fooled by a simple Genjutsu.

There are ninjas who got fooled by the Sharingan, because they didn't even know about Sharingan and its mechanics. Deidara is a perfect example.

But the first time Kisame saw the Sharingan, he recognizes it as such in an instant and proves that he is quite familiar with its powers.

He is also the one who explains Deidara how he got trapped in a Genjutsu just by looking at it.

Additionally this guy was partnererd with one of the best Genjutsu user so far over years. It's hard for me to accept that Kisame was fooled so easy.
    Who said it had to be a simple Genjutsu, if it were Obito and he was taught by Madara at some point I don't see why he couldn't have learned a powerful Genjutsu that could fool even the most well informed opponents. Either way we are missing something, Hopefully at some point we will get to see Madara and then Tobi's face from both Kisame's perspective to see what made him recognize Tobi as Madara, because unless it was Genjutsu or for some reason Tobi had Madara's face at that point; which I doubt. Then Kisame recognizing Tobi as Madara generally just doesn't make sense. Even if it is hard to accept or believe, doesn't mean it didn't happen. I mean it's hard for me to accept Naruto forgot about Nagato's Jutsu after fighting him a second time, but that happened too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply. I understand this is a quite revealing chapter so there has to be a review according to the gravity of the revelation. You have outdone yourself this time around. Very good read, loved it 8)

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, everyone. A quick update from the road on my way back home.

There's been a lot of interesting discussion about this chapter (so much so I doubt I'll be able to reply to everyone like planned). That and some time to think about the chapter has helped me solidify my thoughts on Obito as Tobi. I'm not entirely opposed to Tobi actually being Obito. He's an interesting character and I like how his story parallels with Kakashi. What I dislike about the reveal is the sheer volume of inconsistencies it raises. Some of these Kishimoto might be able to rectify in future chapters, but others are outright errors (which many of you have pointed out) that directly contradict what's come before in the series and supplemtal info from the databooks like ages.

There's also the possibility that Tobi is actually someone else using Obito's flesh. I'd be open to this development if it's someone we've been shown before like Kagami or someone with directly affected by Obito's death who might resemble Obito like his father. Whatever the case, this is likely a large turning point in the series. Younger readers might be more willing to go along with whatever Kishi writes, but the older readers well versed in the mythology will recognize as they have any and all plot holes.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner guido79's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    oh,but I agree with your mark: 2/5 is fair,as kakashi became chunin at 6,and minato wasn't hokage when obito died yet.
    i believe it's just poor chapter design.
    Obito, in that much discussed panel, was imaging his face in a succession of the past and future hokage: hashirama, tobirama, the present hokage at the time of the flashback sarutobi hiruzen, the next likely future one minato and then the hokage after minato, that is to say him, obito.
    Even minato face was imagined by obito, not real, in order to show Rin how the succession of faces would like in a distant future.

---------- Post added September 03, 2012 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was September 02, 2012 at 11:56 PM ----------

clearly that doesnt explain the inconsistency with kakashi becoming chunin at six (maybe he lied the first time?) and obito fighting on equal level with minato just some years (5? i believe it has already been stated but i dont know) with the fourth hokage. Clearly imo obito's body was powered up after been rescued under that big heavy boulder, maybe it's just been used as a shell.
    I bet we will discover something about Rin in the next chapters.
    Waiting for chapter 600...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guido79 View Post
    and obito fighting on equal level with minato just some years (5? i believe it has already been stated but i dont know)
    Kakashi Gaiden happened 13 years before the beggining of the series, which Naruto was 12, so it took at maximum 1 year of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 599 Obito Uchiha

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3005227

see black...you're not alone on this...i don't think it's tobi either.

and this is a little bit of a post from me yesterday too...
    Quote Quote:
    something i've been wanting to say...and since everyone is still on the fence about tobi being obito i'll do so.

we can all agree that obito should be dead from being crushed under a friggin mountain of rubble(well majority of us agree).so,question is...how can tobi be obito if obito died?

we know he's not an ET...so how did they(whoever)resusitate him?
    i believe someone is in control of him...to me...having a med.kunoichi on hand.she would have known before the avalanche...that obito was saveable,they presumed him dead.
    why would she remove his eye if there was a chance he could survive?
    so the question is...was obito/tobi neglected and left for dead???
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast