Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What does Naruto Chapter 600 need in order for this Manga to make any sense anymore?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does Naruto Chapter 600 need in order for this Manga to make any sense anymore?

Naruto stopped making sense a LONG time ago... right at the beginning, actually, making us wonder WHAT THE HELL NARUTO SAW IN SAKURA?
    So yeah, things like conflicting timelines aren't that bad.
    It would be interesting, though, if Obito could see through Kakashi's Sharingan thus having access to a shitload of classified info. I would love to see how they get out of something like THAT!... in a way that does NOT involve Naruto farting to win the fight.
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_2689eeaa05ef4fbe97431b817c37274e.jpg

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does Naruto Chapter 600 need in order for this Manga to make any sense anymore?

What chapter 600 needs is an explanation that Obito isn't really alive and that some little Uchiha kid didn't really become some sort of ubermensch within one year.

I'm hoping for some body-possession or w/e.

I mean sure Kishi makes mistakes, but to have so many plotholes about Tobi is just way too much. Can he really let that much slide with retconning?
    Last edited by Notak; September 01, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Sawyer's chapter 599 review. One thing I couldn't understand is that why people are thinking that Obito went against the village because he couldn't get Rin's love? First of all, the reason why he turned villain has not been revealed yet. All Kishi has shown up until this point is that Obito used to be a good kid, but now he is not.

You jumped onto a silly conclusion (i.e. Obito turned villain because Rin dumped him) and then complain that the plot is silly? Seriously.

Obito could have turned villain because he believed that Kakashi wasn't doing enough to save his family from the massacre. Obito could have turned villain because he lost faith in the will of fire seeing that people like Danzou were still plotting behind the scenes. There are so many better possibilties - you came up with the worst.
    Last edited by Ryr; September 01, 2012 at 11:05 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    lol i lost respect for him cuz of that video...like get a grip..its a comic

but i think for it to make sense tobi will answer kakashi "well yes...and no" i think if its explained that somehow tobi was saved via madara or zetsu and madara infused him with Hashiramas DNA and Madaras own DNA(as to vastly improve "tobi"...and maybe if they show that the long haired tobi was really the read madara and the short haired one is obito that would make a bit of sense
    I understand him very well.. If you are a football fan you would actually relate to him the most. When Arsenal loses or when we lost RVP this year, i almost cried. Last years season start was so dissapointing that i was depressed. And 99% of football fans are the same.

---------- Post added September 02, 2012 at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was September 01, 2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

Oh and what the Manga needs right now... Is less fangasmervice and more Logic. We understand who the target audience is, but Kishi Kubo should realize by now that Naruto (back then) attracted a lot of mature readers and a lot of us grew up reading Naruto. So if he knows that he has had long time fans, im pretty sure he understands that he is conveying to a much bigger audience therefore logic is required.

Still cannot get over Obito being Tobi. I dont think i ever will. I call it now people, all this Sasuke hatred thing is going to bite him in the ass once he is revealed to be the true heir to Hashirama Senju... Watch him use Mokuton in the next few chapters I dare anyone to argue with that.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I understand him very well.. If you are a football fan you would actually relate to him the most. When Arsenal loses or when we lost RVP this year, i almost cried. Last years season start was so dissapointing that i was depressed. And 99% of football fans are the same.

---------- Post added September 02, 2012 at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was September 01, 2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

Oh and what the Manga needs right now... Is less fangasmervice and more Logic. We understand who the target audience is, but Kishi Kubo should realize by now that Naruto (back then) attracted a lot of mature readers and a lot of us grew up reading Naruto. So if he knows that he has had long time fans, im pretty sure he understands that he is conveying to a much bigger audience therefore logic is required.

Still cannot get over Obito being Tobi. I dont think i ever will. I call it now people, all this Sasuke hatred thing is going to bite him in the ass once he is revealed to be the true heir to Hashirama Senju... Watch him use Mokuton in the next few chapters I dare anyone to argue with that.
    what about sasuke being Hashiramas heir?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    I watched Sawyer's chapter 599 review. One thing I couldn't understand is that why people are thinking that Obito went against the village because he couldn't get Rin's love? First of all, the reason why he turned villain has not been revealed yet. All Kishi has shown up until this point is that Obito used to be a good kid, but now he is not.

You jumped onto a silly conclusion (i.e. Obito turned villain because Rin dumped him) and then complain that the plot is silly? Seriously.

Obito could have turned villain because he believed that Kakashi wasn't doing enough to save his family from the massacre. Obito could have turned villain because he lost faith in the will of fire seeing that people like Danzou were still plotting behind the scenes. There are so many better possibilties - you came up with the worst.
    At least one of your potential reasons for Obito's turn just isn't logical. Obito became Tobi before the massacre, so it would be impossible for that to be the reason. The second reason is possible, but it would've required Obito to gain extensive knowledge of the inner workings of Konoha, come to his decision, and move against Konoha, in an extremely limited period of time. That just seems very unlikely. There is the option that he was manipulated by some individual, altering his outlook, and setting him on his current course. However, I think that Rin as some sort of force in Obito's decision-making is the most likely theory at the moment. The main reason that Obito's relationship with Rin being integral to his decision is not some 'silly' conclusion is that that is the aspect of Obito's history that was highlighted immediately before his reveal. That would put forth the idea that it was relevant to his becoming Tobi. There are any number of possibilities, some much more likely than others. But it was none other than the manga that suggests what you considered to be the 'worst' reason as the case, readers simply make determinations with the information they've been provided with.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    At least one of your potential reasons for Obito's turn just isn't logical. Obito became Tobi before the massacre, so it would be impossible for that to be the reason.
    Not if the previous "Tobi" was actually the real Madara.

So it is still within the realms of possibility.

Remember that Madara survived the valley and lived until at least he met Nagato.
    Last edited by Ryr; September 03, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'v just reread chapter 500, there was a flashback explaining "Naruto's birth" in chapter 600 prob gona be explanation about "Obito becoming the Tobi".

update:
    It even may be stated, what the one who killed the real Madara was Obito, case i actualy doubt he died out of old age.
    Last edited by Shader; September 03, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

If Madara was alive when nagato was born he would be in his late sixties.The thing is I don't understand Tobi's statement that madara gave nagato the rinnegan.Was eye replacement done on madara on his death bed cause madara said he awakened the rinnegan near his death.Or was Nagato related to him?So he 'inherited' the rinnegan?Or was this all a lie just to get the rinnegan. Tobi sounded earnest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    I'v just reread chapter 500, there was a flashback explaining "Naruto's birth" in chapter 600 prob gona be explanation about "Obito becoming the Tobi".

update:
    It even may be stated, what the one who killed the real Madara was Obito, case i actualy doubt he died out of old age.
    I was thinking maybe it was part of their arrangement (i.e. to kill an old him so that he can return to the youthful him)? If Madara was off-ed by Obito without any sort of arrangement, he wouldn't have said that he was expecting a Rinne Tensei resurrection (he would be like 'oh f*ck Obito').

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Not if the previous "Tobi" was actually the real Madara.

So it is still within the realms of possibility.

Remember that Madara survived the valley and lived until at least he met Nagato.
    Tobi's battle with Minato took place before the Uchiha massacre. That 'Tobi' utilised Obito's Sharingan's S/T ability So Obito was Tobi long before the Uchiha massacre.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The last two century chapters were both about giving greater insight into famous events which we knew from earlier chapters - the uchiha massacre and the kyuubi attack on konoha.Both revealed facts about an Uchiha who was viewed differently before - Itachi and Tobi. Itachi was revealed to be a loyal shinobi of konoha and a loving brother while Tobi was revealed to have been able to control the Kyuubi and go head to head with Minato, making him more dangareous and involved than previously thought.So I believe 600 will be about Madara Uchiha and his relation to Tobi through some famous incident of which we do not know much of, most probably Hashirama vs Madara.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

If two possible outcomes occur:

1) If Tobi is actually Obito per se:
    Explain how he survived being completely crushed under a cave-in. Then, explain how he, in such a short time, awakened the Mangekyou, and became powerful enough to make Minato sweat (being taller than his classmates her were deemed to young to participate in the Kyuubi's attack). Also, how he was able to, not only make a summoning contract with Kurama, but be recognized by him, when Kurama was sealed in Hashirama's wife after his fight with Madara and then sealed in Kushina when she was about to die. Obito was born way after that. Also, how the hell did Obito create Akatsuki like he claims when he was born way after the Hidden Rain's civil war. Also, when would Obito have the time to control the Sandaime Mizukage and start the Moon's Eye Plan when all that happened way before he was even born?

2) If Tobi is actually Obito's cells fused with Hashirama's cells or Zetsu or whatever developed by Madara or someone else:
    To start with, why Obito? He was a disappointment of an Uchiha who was crushed to paste under tons of rocks. This was years before the Uchiha clan extermination (which he was a part of) so if the point was creating a body capable of using the Rinnegan, you could've used any other more capable Uchiha body to get it done. If the excuse if because of how epic and broken Kamui is, how would anyone even know that eye was capable of having such and epic Mangkeyou ability to begin with? (And I even called it a looooooong time ago that Tobi's ability was a unique Mangekyou ability like Kakashi's)

To me, regardless what explanation Kishimoto comes up with, none of them will make sense to me. So I just have to wait and see if he doesn't troll the readers in chapter 600 by skipping the explanation completely and jumping to action elsewhere in the battlefield, like Sasuke moving around with Taka's remnants and Orochimaru, the Kage vs. Madara fight, Kabuto snapping out of Izanami, or the rest of the army talking bullshit and fighting Zetsu ('cause they're supposed to be on their way to "help Naruto" take on the fake Madara). He's totally capable of that. I don't even know why he trolled by making Tobi from Obito. He doesn't even use Kamui like Kakashi does (and I doubt he could) so why even make the connection? Why not just make him somebody knew? I'm just utterly disappointed. At least, this might all tie into the people Sasuke and Orochimaru are gonna go see.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

what if the relevation is about MAdara saving obito and raising him (basically obitos flashback from the moment of his supposed death) and basically confirming that tobi = obito personality wise ... thus completely ruining the timeline and his credibility as writer ... what then? We have to be prepared fo that possibility
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Oh and what the Manga needs right now... Is less fangasmervice and more Logic. We understand who the target audience is, but Kishi Kubo should realize by now that Naruto (back then) attracted a lot of mature readers and a lot of us grew up reading Naruto. So if he knows that he has had long time fans, im pretty sure he understands that he is conveying to a much bigger audience therefore logic is required
    kishi says that he writing for kids/teenagers ....

that mean :
    1- adult readers should stop reading it ...
    or
    2- everyone who want read long manga , should stay kid and don't grow up ....

for God's sake , his main character don't need to change everyone heart , win every battle , not need to protect everyone , not become a god like Savior ..... and every so called good characters shouldln't win every fight they have .....

every one shouldn't knee for mighty konoha ....

This bloody boring manga need something like this to make any sense .....

Quote Quote:
    Q:So, what exactly is the conference about?
    A:After the identity of Tobi was revealed by one of my assistants, I realized that the next few chapters will leave the fans confused. I had to clear up some misunderstandings, thus, Comic Market was the best place to do it.

Q:Then the rumors are true? Is Toby really Izuna? I thought he died in battle after Madara took his eyes, is that a lie?
    A:Well, the truth about his survival is much different, I can't tell you how he survived, you will have to read the next chapters to find out, but yes, Izuna is Tobi.

Q:How come he has eyes now? I thought he was blind.
    A:He will reveal that together with his identity, let's just say that the Uchiha clan is much larger than you know.

Q:In an earlier interview you talked about Madara not having any weaknesses, what about Tobi? Is he going to be killed by Naruto after his identity is revealed?
    A:Not really, after the way he survived is revealed and what he tries to truly achieve, everyone will change, the truth will hurt a lot of them, it will actually change the history that they know.

Q:What do you mean by that? How will it hurt them?
    A:The truth is dark and bloody. Madara is related to why Tobi was supposed to die, you could say that what he wants is revenge, but his brother isn't the only who wanted to kill Tobi, one of the Hokage played a big part in the attempt on his life.

Q:What else?What is going to happen in this fight?
    A:You know, Tobi always had this forbidden technique prepared, I wanted him to use it only after his identity is revealed. If you thought that Kabuto's technique for reincarnating people is dangerous, you should see what Tobi prepared.

Q:Why did Izuna hide his identity?
    A:Because some of the Akatsuki already know what Madara did to Izuna, they know because someone told them, and they wouldn't be willing to help Izuna. I'm afraid I can't answer any more of your questions, but I'm hoping you will be patient, in the next weeks everything will be revealed.

A short interview that revealed a huge amount of spoilers, what is the truth behind Izuna's past? I guess we are going to find out in the next chapters.
    well , even though this is fake .... but it would more sense than Tobi being Obito ....
    Last edited by shafagh; September 03, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    خداحافظ

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast