Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Guys, do you remember about this:
    After Yuri gave half a wingtree symbol to Ship Leesoo, she told him to give it to Baam along with the message that: "Come to the Seventy-Seventh Floor, Urek Mazino is waiting."


    And this is no 77th floor

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Guys, do you remember about this:
    After Yuri gave half a wingtree symbol to Ship Leesoo, she told him to give it to Baam along with the message that: "Come to the Seventy-Seventh Floor, Urek Mazino is waiting."


    And this is no 77th floor
    Considering SIU himself stated that Urek was an idiot, I wouldn't be surprised if he came to get the flower for a stupid reason. I don't see his type of character staying put on one floor anyway

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Wow great chapter, I can't wait to see the fight between them. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a cut away with Wangnan and Akraptor talking about Baam next week as the two power houses go at it.

  6. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Guys, do you remember about this:
    After Yuri gave half a wingtree symbol to Ship Leesoo, she told him to give it to Baam along with the message that: "Come to the Seventy-Seventh Floor, Urek Mazino is waiting."


    And this is no 77th floor
    Well, it's not like Urek is obliged to stay on the 77th floor and wait for him. Since he is probably looking for the flower as a present for the Zahard princess, he has a crush on. xD I can totally see that scenario happening.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  7. #35
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Well I'm not totally convinced it's Mazino, it's hinted at so heavily that SIU might be trolling XD If he really killed all those rankers he must be pretty damn strong though, probably someone among the top 15.

    I want to believe it's Urek because I sooooo want an awesome fight between the two there's no way Baam is going to win but even then, if Baam thinks that this one flower is the only way to clear the test he will go all out. And with this I mean ALL FREAKIN OUT.
    Six years ago a desperate cry to save Rachel slashed through Hwa Ryuns eye like butter, god knows what he's capable of now if he's getting really desperate

  8. #36
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well I'm not totally convinced it's Mazino, it's hinted at so heavily that SIU might be trolling XD If he really killed all those rankers he must be pretty damn strong though, probably someone among the top 15.

    I want to believe it's Urek because I sooooo want an awesome fight between the two there's no way Baam is going to win but even then, if Baam thinks that this one flower is the only way to clear the test he will go all out. And with this I mean ALL FREAKIN OUT.
    Six years ago a desperate cry to save Rachel slashed through Hwa Ryuns eye like butter, god knows what he's capable of now if he's getting really desperate
    Technically, any High Ranker should be able to crush bunches of Rankers, although the feats we've seen out of our mystery High Ranker would lead you to believe that he's within the top 100 at least. Certainly stronger than Yuri at least. :P

    ---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

    Although, the rankings are screwy to some extent. Evan's ranked around 100, but as a guide, he's not amazing at combat. He's still a High Ranker, so he can dominate Rankers, but he's weaker than Yuri, who's only around 500.

    Spoiler show

  9. #37
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Technically, any High Ranker should be able to crush bunches of Rankers, although the feats we've seen out of our mystery High Ranker would lead you to believe that he's within the top 100 at least. Certainly stronger than Yuri at least. :P

    ---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

    Although, the rankings are screwy to some extent. Evan's ranked around 100, but as a guide, he's not amazing at combat. He's still a High Ranker, so he can dominate Rankers, but he's weaker than Yuri, who's only around 500.
    Yuri is only around 500?
    Are you sure about that, do you have a link or something?

    I was thinking she should be a lot higher than that.
    I doubt that Zahard would name this girl one of his princess and even offer her one of his 13 special weapons if she was only ranked 500th.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  10. #38
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Yuri is only around 500?
    Are you sure about that, do you have a link or something?

    I was thinking she should be a lot higher than that.
    I doubt that Zahard would name this girl one of his princess and even offer her one of his 13 special weapons if she was only ranked 500th.
    Yes it is true, like Frosty mentioned the position isn't just related to the power someone has.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godai's blog
    A list of results of investigating and combining a statistics such as a person's power, recognition, and influence, by the Ranking Administration Office (랭킹 관리국, Raengking Gwahnligook; or "Ranking Affairs Bureau"). In other words, it is a result that completely destroys the idea that power is the only thing that contributes to one's ranking. There are some who hold high rankings due to the influence they hold (ex. Baekryun) and there are others who are very weak but hold high rankings due to some other reasons (ex. Evan).

    1st : Pentaminum
    2nd : Enryu
    3rd : Jahad (or Zahard)
    4th : Urek Majino (or Urek Mazino)
    5th : Arieh Hon
    6th : Kun Edan
    7th : Adori Jahad / Eurasia Enne Jahad (GoDai: This spot seems to be shared)
    9th : Baekryun
    10th : Ha Yurin
    11th : Tu Perie Tperie
    12th : Mollic One P. GR
    13th : Eurasia Blossom
    14th : Po Bidder Gustang
    15th : Grace Mirchia Luslec
    16th : [I will reveal this later]
    60th : Evankhell
    Within 100 : Evan
    Within 500 : Ha Yuri Jahad

    Directly translated from Comprehensive Info on the World of the Tower - SIU Tower of God Official Fan Cafe

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #39
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Specifically Evan's the Guide of the Royal Family, plus Yuri's companion. I still wish that we could get an estimation of his actual power level though. As he's a High Ranker, I want to say that he can dominate regular Rankers, but I can't be sure if he could beat the very best of the regular Rankers, so the 1001-1200 ranked guys.

    Spoiler show

  13. #40
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Yuri is only around 500?
    Are you sure about that, do you have a link or something?

    I was thinking she should be a lot higher than that.
    I doubt that Zahard would name this girl one of his princess and even offer her one of his 13 special weapons if she was only ranked 500th.
    Supposedly Black March was given to her in recognition of her talent. She climbed the tower in 200 years and became a high ranker 100 after that(which is considered extremely fast, I guess). Also Yuri supposedly Zahard's 2nd favorite Princess (behind Adori Zahard) so that might have played a part in her getting one of the 13 series.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 14, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

  14. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    Mate that is an absolutely brilliant prediction, I feel like you've hit the nail directly on the head. I would love for that to come out during this fight

    Well its hard to argue that this guy isn't Urek. For a while I though he might just be one of the top ppl in Waiksong, but the fact that he dresses like a bit of a punk/rebel (goes with his description). And matches his description of being good looking but a dick towards woman, I think its a joke by SUI that ppl who wear backwards caps and have funky piercing tend to be womanises (I live in Newcastle UK and its def true to some extent, then again I have Urek's piercing so I'm also a little offended :P) At the end of the chapter it looked like lightning was surrounding his body, that def goes with his soquit "Ray!!! Barracuda".

    ALso you have to remember SUI did say that shit was going to start hitting the fan a few afterwards before, and what way to get the series moving but with a Baam vs Urek 1 on 1.

    Having said all that I never though Urek would have his own name tattooed on his back, but I suppose it fits with his "foolish"/self-obsessed description

    His attitude goes against how I pictured Urek, all this talk of killing Rankers left, right and centre, but I get the feeling a lot of what he said was probably exaggeration/lies to scare the crap out of Demon, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually just recruited them to Waik and sent people off to the 77th floor without the floor admin knowing.

    Either way as soon as Urek moves next chapter we'll have confirmation.

    Also I think there are several things working in Baam's favour here.
    1) FUG and Waik do have a tenuous relationship, there is a lot of cross over between the two factions, so the fact that Baam is FUG won't hurt Baam's chances of living
    2) I'm fairly sure Urek can smell/sense that Baam is like Urek/Phant, Zahard, etc, i.e. that he is an irregular, it seems to me that all irregulars have a special relationship to one another and I think the eye comment was just Urek's way of identifying Baam as one of them
    3) I'm sure Yuri will have told Urek of Baam, REMEMBER Yuri doesn't believe that Baam is dead and has that other princess looking for him (using that crazy inventory item) as we speak. So if Urek gets any background on Baam during this fight I'm sure he'll remember Yuri's talk of Baam
    4) Urek will respect Baam as soon as he copies one of his moves, Urek ultimately wants to escape the tower remember, he wants powerful ppl in Waik, he won't go killing someone with so much potential, in fact, Urek might be the answer to Baam's current problems with FUG, I think if anyone could scare FUG into releases Baam its probably Urek.
    5) Urek is one who loves his friends, go look at what Urek did for Backryun back on the 77th floor, once he hears that Baam will lose a friend if he looses this test, I'm sure Urek will sympathise.

    I have never believed that any of the Irrregulars apart from Phataminum is actually evil, I see all of them just being loose cannons in a structured world. I'm sure Urek's reputation is a mixture of riddles too, though I do believe he is a womaniser.....could make things interesting if Yeon turns up :P

    ToG is actually getting close to rivalling OP for me, if this fight is as good as it looks like it'll be.....:O


    Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #42
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Out by the company:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/131028/...by_the-company


    Maybe it's nothing but didn't this chapter show that Urek's shinsoo perception isn't that great? He couldn't tell the difference between a 21st floor regular and a ranker. Maybe it's because he's so far above them that they're all the same to him.
    Last edited by abc1233; September 14, 2012 at 06:42 AM.

  17. #43
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Out by the company:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/131028/...by_the-company


    Maybe it's nothing but didn't this chapter show that Urek's shinsoo perception isn't that great? He couldn't tell the difference between a 21st floor regular and a ranker. Maybe it's because he's so far above them that they're all the same to him.
    I suppose, but they are so far below him. I mean, there are approximately 100,000 Rankers and the weakest Rankers are weaker than some of the higher level Regulars (clearly they're all above the vast majority of 21st Floor Regulars, although Baam could be stronger than the very very weakest Rankers), and considering that Urek's ranked fourth in the tower, perhaps he can't tell their power level exactly, or he just assumed that they were Rankers.

    Only guides are supposed to really be able to tell a person's level just by a glance (so it's not something most people do or are capable of), and even Evan, probably the best guide in the Tower, couldn't determine that Baam was anything special by looking at him.

    Spoiler show

  18. #44
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Andonan View Post
    1) FUG and Waik do have a tenuous relationship, there is a lot of cross over between the two factions, so the fact that Baam is FUG won't hurt Baam's chances of living.(...)
    ToG is actually getting close to rivalling OP for me, if this fight is as good as it looks like it'll be.....:O
    About that, FUG and the Wingtree dont really have a good relationship. Quote from the wiki: "FUG is often compared to the Walhaiksong (Wing Tree) because of their opposition to the 10 Families. However, whereas the Wing Tree is more of a "social club" centered around several members, FUG is a "religious organization" centered around a single faith."
    But I too believe that Urek wont hurt Baam, and if he does Baam still has some "hidden red skeleton cards" to play.
    I hate waiting 6 days to read The Company version, but I refuse to read the manga pirate one haha, so dont find weird that I comment on the chapter so late.
    Maannn why Yuri dont show up soon so the awesomeness of the next chapter would be complete xD

  19. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 111 Discussion/112 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    About that, FUG and the Wingtree dont really have a good relationship. Quote from the wiki: "FUG is often compared to the Walhaiksong (Wing Tree) because of their opposition to the 10 Families. However, whereas the Wing Tree is more of a "social club" centered around several members, FUG is a "religious organization" centered around a single faith."
    But I too believe that Urek wont hurt Baam, and if he does Baam still has some "hidden red skeleton cards" to play.
    I hate waiting 6 days to read The Company version, but I refuse to read the manga pirate one haha, so dont find weird that I comment on the chapter so late.
    Maannn why Yuri dont show up soon so the awesomeness of the next chapter would be complete xD
    While once in a while The Company's version is better (the tl is always better, but most of the time it amounts to the same thing) and the only real difference is that The Company provides you with the afterword. This week SIU didn't give us an afterword other than to tell us that his friend died, so you didn't miss anything.

    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts