Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Madara thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara's connection to Obito and Zetzu

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Good point. Although he is arrogant and might in turn have taken a blow due to that.

Yes you are both right, I didn't think of that. I thought the seals worked even if the summoner had not cancelled the Edo Tensei.

Then I stand corrected, the Rinne Tensei-resurrection should usually be the better jutsu for Madara.

Also Madara's connection to Obito? Like most people say, I guess that Madara could've found Obito with Zetsu's help, and chose to make him his Uchiha apprentice.
    Or here's a twist, Madara KNEW all along about Obito's Kamui-potential, and is the reason why he chose him. The opportunity could have been perfect with the boulder crushing him.

Still, I want a good explanation as to why he chose Obito of all Uchiha. Why him really?
    I don't necessarily expect Kishimoto to explain this, but damn who wouldn't wanna know?
    maybe Obito has some genetic thing linked to the Sage of six paths.....remember Ginkaku and Kinkaku were like direct descendants of the sage
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    maybe Obito has some genetic thing linked to the Sage of six paths.....remember Ginkaku and Kinkaku were like direct descendants of the sage
    obito does.

it's called being in the uchiha clan.

the whole point about them discussing kinkaku and ginkaku was because they weren't very explicitly related to the sage (by way of senju, uzumaki, uchiha, arguably hyuuga).

anyone who falls within the stereotype capabilities of those 4 surnames (assuming hyuuga is linked too) are definitely linked to the sage, with their blood way less diluted than the blood that kinkaku and ginkaku boasted.

so i think when he asked that question, it was 'why obito of all uchiha?'. all uchiha are linked to the sage, so this is a redundant factor in this discussion

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Kinkaku and Ginkaku have a connection to the Rikudo much greater than the Senju or Uchiha, otherwise such a thing as giving an human part of the Bijuus Chakra would already been done.

I am tempted to believe that Madara is heavy connected to Rikudo, and that Obito may be his grandson or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Revvo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm.... does anyone acctually want to discuss the topic? How did Madara know about Nagato and how did he get into contact with obito (through zetzu?).
    .... but i got to agree Madara knowing the edo tensei seals is a bit weird....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belize
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara knows about edotensei because it was invented by tobirama that was almost the same age of him.
    Madara could be the cause of obito's accident, sending the rock's ninjas to them..
    It seems that zetsu is under tobi not giving him orders..
    Edotensei is a bad way to resurrect cause u are like a living corpse with the soul of another person... With nagato powers madara could be resurrected in a better and fresh way... That's why he was waiting for nagato to grow...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    What bugs me is that Madara's resurrection feels like one big plothole. If he already knew the seals to break Edo Tensei's control, why the hell would he want to be resurrected by the Rinnegan? The Edo Tensei makes him immortal with infinite chakra on top of that.
    I think it's because Madara didn't think that someone would be dumb enough to revive him as an ET. His adversaries in his era should kave known that he knows how to unseal ET and if they passed this knowledge onto their offsprings properly (i.e. "reviving Madara as ET is strictly forbidden"), then noone would have done exactly that.

Quote Quote:
    The Rinnegan jutsu brings you back as a fresh live mortal, and judging from how Edo Madara was owned several times in the war, he would have quickly returned to being dead anyway, lol.
    He was supposed to be brought back with everything intact, including the Rinnegan and Senju DNA (refer to Tobi's wall of Hashirama). Noone would stand a chance even if he is fleshy. Actually, even without Rinnegan, he would still pretty much soloes with the Perfect Susanoo, so nevermind.
    Last edited by Ryr; September 04, 2012 at 06:25 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    I think it's because Madara didn't think that someone would be dumb enough to revive him as an ET. His adversaries in his era should kave known that he knows how to unseal ET and if they passed this knowledge onto their offsprings properly (i.e. "reviving Madara as ET is strictly forbidden"), then noone would have done exactly that.

He was supposed to be brought back with everything intact, including the Rinnegan and Senju DNA (refer to Tobi's wall of Hashirama). Noone would stand a chance even if he is fleshy. Actually, even without Rinnegan, he would still pretty much soloes with the Perfect Susanoo, so nevermind.
    actually it is major plothole .. I mean if Madara knew that this would happen ... it implies that the same thing has already happened - how come there is no immortal person running around then?

also notak makes excellent point why not tell someone to revive him throught ET ... he clearly instructed someone to carry out his orders (most likely tobi) why hasn't he done done that (at first he must have been following madara) - he knew enough about DNA to be able to fuse cells with someone successfully thus it makes no sence ... it was plothole no jutsu kishi just had to introduce madara in full strenght it was waaaaaay too tempting
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Madara only had the chance to break the seal because of Kabuto's failure. But if you think about it, why not have someone close to Madara use Edo Tensei on him, and then that person could just intentionally stop the Edo Tensei seal so that Madara can break it freely.

But hey, I guess manga logic can't be perfect you know.

Then again, Edo Tensei is not that easy of a jutsu to acquire, it seems like only Orochimaru knew about it for a long time until Kabuto took over

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    actually it is major plothole .. I mean if Madara knew that this would happen ... it implies that the same thing has already happened - how come there is no immortal person running around then?
    Because Madara is the only one who planned ahead for generations?

And on why Madara didn't teach ET to Obito so that Obito can bring him back as ET and then let him undo the seal, we don't really know how much knowledge Madara has in respect of ET. He may have found a way to break the technique, but that doesn't mean he knows everything about it. Obito clearly didn't know about ET until he forced KAbuto to teach him, but by that time Madara has already been brought back by Kabuto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Because Madara is the only one who planned ahead for generations?

And on why Madara didn't teach ET to Obito so that Obito can bring him back as ET and then let him undo the seal, we don't really know how much knowledge Madara has in respect of ET. He may have found a way to break the technique, but that doesn't mean he knows everything about it. Obito clearly didn't know about ET until he forced KAbuto to teach him, but by that time Madara has already been brought back by Kabuto.
    i am pretty sure tobi wanted kabuto to tell him how to counter the Edo Tenesei because he was preparing for the chance that Kabuto would betray him and tobi would need a way to combat the Edo Madara....thus learning how to undo the edo tensei would help him a lot
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how Zetsu is involved, but here's my crackpot theory.

1. Obito is still barely alive under the pile of rocks. Normal non-super humans have survived similar cave-ins IIRC.

2. Madara is still alive at this point in time (derp)

3. Madara saves Obito

4. Madara is still a shell of his former self since he's been crippled by his fight with Hashirama.

5. Madara has the mask Obito used to use, and then the events of the Minato gaiden happens. That was actually Madara fighting (he took Obito's other eye since eyes are like trading cards in this manga), but since he's crippled he's just not as good as he could be so he lost.

6. Madara dies later from old age but not after training the hell out of Obito who's essentially his heir.

7. Obito takes up the mask, and uses his masters name because saying he's Uchiha Obito wouldn't scare anyone but Kakashi.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I've said it too much already lol but I think Zetsu is the key somehow. I think when that guy was like a hunter-nin, he did so with other bodies. We even got something of a foreshadow about ninja with different abilities with the six paths of pain. If Zetsu did 'save' Obito and some of him is a part of what makes up Obito, I wonder if it was possible for Zetsu to also give Obito some of HIS abilities and memories of those who's abilities he passed on. Like his insane chakra signature jutsu that had everyone fooled earlier in the war. Funny but when Sasuke and Itachi fought, nobody seemed to notice Zetsu or at least comment on him, but Pain did after the Jiraiya fight.

I dn't know how Madara could be exactly connected to Zetsu and when. If Madara was too weak to fight, he may have tried experimenting to 'create' with what he gained from his debilitating battle with Hashirama. No idea. For this Madara to know of Obito... one other thing to think about IMO is that I don't know if any zetsu's are left, and how much time has passed between Madara being with the Kage's and his arriving to Obito just now. We saw Sasuke genjutsu and get the information he wanted out of white Zetsu, I imagine Madara could do the same. But I think their relationship is more organic than that (no pun intended). Hard to explain but I think it has something to do with life-force.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Predictions: how will Madara be beaten?

My personal forecasting: at some point Obito will have a change of heart, suck Madara into his pocket dimension and then he destroys his own eye, thus trapping the immortal Edo-Zombie for all eternity.

Now share your predictions!
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predictions: how will Madara be beaten?

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    My personal forecasting: at some point Obito will have a change of heart, suck Madara into his pocket dimension and then he destroys his own eye, thus trapping the immortal Edo-Zombie for all eternity.

Now share your predictions!
    I would pluck my eyes out, dip them in vinegar and then proceed to stabbing my sockets with rusted nails if that ever happened... The change of heart anyway (actually would not do it.. but you know..)

I think Madara will not be defeated anytime soon, im thinking after Naruto is beat to deaths door by Madara, he will resort to using "that" jutsu, it being the Death god seal, but before he actually makes a pact or the jutsu is completely visible, he falls unconscious. They proceed to sealing the Kyuubi and Hachibi, Naruto somehow escapes them without the kyuubi and goes on to learn more about his clan etc.

He comes back to face Madara and his new six paths or six minions (Sasuke and the likes) and uses the DG seal to summon the previous Kages, with the help of Hashirama Naruto manages to seal Madara for good. The presence of Hashirama and the other Kages IMO is a fitting end for Madara. Anything less would be PIS, e.g. Naruto and Sasuke beating him without any external help
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Predictions: how will Madara be beaten?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I would pluck my eyes out, dip them in vinegar and then proceed to stabbing my sockets with rusted nails if that ever happened... The change of heart anyway (actually would not do it.. but you know..)
    Its not like I would like to see this happen... its just what I think is going to happen

Quote Quote:
    ...uses the DG seal to summon the previous Kages, with the help of Hashirama Naruto manages to seal Madara for good. The presence of Hashirama and the other Kages IMO is a fitting end for Madara. Anything less would be PIS, e.g. Naruto and Sasuke beating him without any external help
    That would actually be pretty cool... Naruto, Hashirama, Tobirama, Hiruzen and Minato vs Madara. But I doubt it will happen. Minato being alive again while Kushina remains dead would be meh and same kind of goes for Hiruzen and Asuma.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

New Reply
Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast