Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Game Thread - MG17 - And Then... - THE END

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game Thread - Game 17 - And Then... - Day 1

I'm tsundere I'm aggressive by nature |:

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

As the phase is about to end, I have decided to change my vote. I am going to go with Vote Kill Rufus Cavendish.

I havent found many reasons to suspect most people but the most convincing arguments for me where the ones proposed by Damian and Horace (Ust and Niichan) regarding the no votekill users. Out of the two who chose it I found Quentin the more convincing townie. He was more willing to engage in discussion and debate and didnt really shirk or try to tread the water. A common tactic by the mafia is they usually try not to stand out and only engage when necessary, something I felt Rufus was doing. So I ended up opting for Rufus.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Six people more to vote, a tie, and only one hour left. Keep smiling.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; September 03, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the last posts and the fact that I reeeaaally dont want a tie and extended phase because people (including me) didn't vote I'll break the tie and vote for Charlotte Garside.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

MH's Best Newcomer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tatasugoi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I dont understand your (and others) criticism of random voting. It is the most effective way in getting this game going. Without it we would be here posting and discussing things in circles without any activity and any firm conclusion until the last few hours when everyone feels compelled to vote for someone (by random). There is nothing worse in the first round than the deadlock of no voting and the best way has always proven to be by generating discussion and accusations with activity. That is why we have the rule of being allowed to change your vote once.

Secondly my vote for you was not completely random. One, because you are meant to be my lover and it amused me to vote for my lover. Two because I had an amusing gif I wanted to use and i thought it would work best if i did the bro joke with Oxlade. In any case my vote will remain for now until I notice suspicious activity from another person or until the game nears a conclusion in which case I will re-evaluate and vote for the last time.

As for the others, I find Quentin and Charlotte's quarrel rather thrilling (and they are doing justice to this theme).
    There is no reason to vote for someone you don't think is suspicious by saying that the game works like this since always. It's just an excuse for a Mafia member that you seems to be.
    But it's okay, you're only giving me the strongest reason to vote for you, because you just want to kill some random citizen.

Sr, are you out of your mind? My affair was Horace Salisbury! Sorry but I think you drank too much that day and dreamed of me, don't make my reputation worse than it already is, I never had nothing with you, Mr Humphrey.

I need to vote, I want to find this killer and I have reasons to think that Mr Humphrey is involved.
    By your inconsistent attitudes I think you're guilty. I vote for Humphrey Salisbury.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    There is no reason to vote for someone you don't think is suspicious by saying that the game works like this since always. It's just an excuse for a Mafia member that you seems to be.
    But it's okay, you're only giving me the strongest reason to vote for you, because you just want to kill some random citizen.

But why would me saying the game works better like that at the beginning be an excuse a mafia member would use? I just dont see the connection. Voting for a random person would not kill that random person because no one would likely join in since its random and baseless. It would just draw attention to myself. Why would a mafia member do that? I actually find it slightly insulting you think I would be so incompetent. I think you're a tad upset you were the poor bugger I voted for in the beginning. I assure you my dear, it was nothing personal.

Quote Quote:
    Sr, are you out of your mind? My affair was Horace Salisbury! Sorry but I think you drank too much that day and dreamed of me, don't make my reputation worse than it already is, I never had nothing with you, Mr Humphrey.
    An old man can dream.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

END DAY 1

Blakesley Manor was the scene of big scandal after the day of the murder. The Garside sisters became suspects, which was firstly noted by the Salisburys, Oxlade and Humphrey. While Humphrey Salisbury's allay suspicion of the beautiful Daisy, Oxlade found others who shared his opinion about the older sister, Charlotte's guilt. After an argument with Quentin Watson she lost more and more creditability. While the both of them were accusing each other of commiting the crime, he abstained from voting against her, while she did. Margaret Callaghan spilled more oil into the fire by stating Charlotte's unusual change in behaviour, which Humphrey met with approval.

The Salisbury's political rival, Rufus Cavendish, was the second big suspect of the members of the society. Damian Butcher was suspicious of his and Quentin Wilson's passive approach. And after the political reputation debate with Horace Salisbury, Humphrey went with his son and casted the third voted against Rufus.

Then finally Charlotte Gatsides's fate was sealed by the second Chamberlain brother, Clarence, who was rushing to break the tie and falling a decision.

Victim

(Doctor)

Investigations after her execution showed, she was not doing criminal deeds outside the society, but was rather skilful in taking care of wounded, and over the years has been active in a lot of nursing facilities.

Notable was also, that the Watson couple, as well as Owen Wilkinson and Dominic Gladstone were not eager to take part in discussions neither in decision making at all.

-Neville Milner, The Morning Standard

START NIGHT 1

Note: Night 1 will end in 12-16 hours.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

END NIGHT 1

The morning after the removal of the main suspect, the wealthy Charlotte Garside, an other terrible crime happened. The host of the dinner party, the Salisbury's heir and hope, Horace was found shot in his car in the main street. Investigations revealed that one of the weapons found was used by Horace himself, but it is clear now that he was not part of the vicious organisation doing the crimes.

(Daytime Vigilante)

But just who could have an interest in his demise? A political rival? A possible successor? Or was the murder not politically motivated but rather involving his private life? Was it a domestic conflict involving envy and greed or even a love crime? Whole Westminster caught interest in this affair.

- Neville Milner, The Morning Standard

START DAY 2

Note: Day phase 2 ends in 24 hours.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; September 04, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

8. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game Thread - Game 17 - And Then... - Day 2

BITCHES GOT THE VIGILANTE!

*vote kill rufus cavendish*

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont trust that rufus...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Rip cavendish

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not young master Horace. He was valuable asset to our community. R.I.P.

I have an ominious feeling.This is too easy. Would Rufus really be that obvious? Not like this clears my suspicions about him, but we must not forget that there is the possibility that someone is setting him up.

That said, he is still my suspect number 1.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta review our footsteps 'cause I really don't recall what could have motivated Mr. Salisbury death ._.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Salsibury and Garside, R.I.P. I am glad you died instead of me...I made it through to day 2

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you celebrate on peoples deaths! You weren't even around or trying to help to solve the mystery at all, you coward!

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Horace. I guess that old saying about how your own weapon can be used on you came true.

Thread Closed
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast