Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Game Thread - MG17 - And Then... - THE END

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mafia Game Thread - Game 17 - And Then... - Day 1

Such an amateurish and unnecessarily brutal murder. I'm ooh so sorry for the victim, his family and friends and all that and I would gladly partake in the hunt for these criminals, this is me and my brother's territory you see, and I tell ya, we don't kill but steal, and if we did kill we would do it with style and much less messy... And not after some fun *looks at Daisy Garside*

Spoiler show
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are all the family members defending themselves and teaming up? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NEVILLE!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hi guys! I just woke up <3

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Who are you?! Where did you get that swing?!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Amelia Cavendish if you would be kind enough to put on your mandatory AVATAR!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity sakura-aneki's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I just put it |:

@Quentin I am Amelia just moved into town and am just strolling around to get acquainted with the scenery ^^

MH's Best Newcomer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tatasugoi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, citizens, I didn't introduce myself because I think you've heard of me before, because of the gossips about me.
    I'm Daisy Garside!
    But I want to make clear that despite my reputation isn't the best, I'm not a criminal. I have flaws like any person, I made bad choices, but I have a good heart.
    If we analyze it better you can find out the mafia members. I'm a "townspeople" like many of you. Who judges without analyzing is probably suspect because the mafia will take advantage of the situation saying that the first day is random and trying to kill "anyone" (townspeople like me).
    So let's remain alert, please.
    Last edited by Tatasugoi; September 03, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Daisy do you honestly suspect someone enough for it not be just a random vote? In the first day there is no way to be sure if one guy is a mafia, unless he/she is dumbest mafia ever, the real game begins in day 2 after the second murder and when everyone does their special roles at night, at this moment my suspects are Chamberlain bros, Clarence excused his brother too easily, even if he is your brother you can't just say oh we did not do it, in this game you can only speak for yourself!

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I can say from my years of experience, that with this amount of evidence (=none) it is almost impossible to find the murderer. The choice will be really random. However, I find it suspicious that so many of you are so defensive even when no one has directly accused you of anything. Chloe so protective of her husband when no one raised an eyebrow about you two. Daisy being so aware of her reputation and trying to compensate for it. Mr. Cavendish is suspicously calm, normally one would like to arrest the monster right away. I have bad memories of people being too calm and collected, acting so just and rational.

Also, I found it funny that Clarence described the murder amateurish. Like he is a professional himself. You know his character, and I saw him with that friend os his near the place I found the body at.

MH's Best Newcomer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tatasugoi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

First, Terrance, I'm not speaking for anyone, I'm only speaking for myself.
    Second, yes we can see some suspicious behavior in some citizens in the first day (those who are currently present), I think. I'm talking about those people that shows up in the beginning and the first thing they do is accuse someone and say something about them, trying to manipulate others. I'm not naive.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're not referring to me madame? I simply asked who was a Townie and only your sister (Naomidee) responded giving what she perceived as an honest answer. I won't cast aspersions, but it seems not only are people gunning for you two but you're both also defensive about it.

Not that I can blame you two given the circumstances. I'm not sure if reputation feeding into this is good or not...

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It's usually a Townie because we outnumber them. I've found it's impossible to predict how a scoundrel will act immediately after the act
    Statistically, yes. But if we just sit, not discussing anything really and random voting, then we're making two deadly mistakes. For one, we're thoughtlessly killing an innocent person with 'random votes' instead of at least putting some effort into it, and two, we're not even getting some of the murderers to talk. So we're killing off innocent people AND wasting time. I fear for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorien View Post
    Good day fellow citizens, I am Chloe Watson, Anthony Watson's wife. He's been a good husband to me ever since we married and I can assure you, he has nothing to do with this murder, this can only be the doing of an evil being. As for me, I guarantee you that I wouldn't even touch a fly, ask anyone, they know me pretty well here.

I hope the villian is caught, but for now I have no clue on whoever that could be. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to do the dishes.
    Good day to you as well, Mrs. Watson. I daresay, you seem awfully defensive of your husband, which does seem suspicious.... I think at this point, you should be more worried about yourself. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Why are all the family members defending themselves and teaming up? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NEVILLE!
    I suppose that it's only natural that in hard times, family are the only ones we can trust. But for once, I have to caution such behavior. The killer(s) could be anyone. And as Mrs. Watson just displayed, too much trust only seems fishy. Only the killers know who they can trust. Trust is not only dangerous, but it singles you out. Townies, be wary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I hope you're not referring to me madame? I simply asked who was a Townie and only your sister (Naomidee) responded giving what she perceived as an honest answer. I won't cast aspersions, but it seems not only are people gunning for you two but you're both also defensive about it.

Not that I can blame you two given the circumstances. I'm not sure if reputation feeding into this is good or not...
    Of course I'm defensive about it! I'm not going to sit here and calculate my moves like some sort of liar. I'm innocent, and I'm not afraid to say it without cloaking it, simply because it is true. You, on the other hand, have yet to say a single thing concerning your whereabouts or anti-motives.

Alright, it would seem apparent that I have to vote at this point. I am the only person I know who is innocent, so sitting here like a foolish duck and letting myself be random voted to death would be completely counterproductive.

Vote Kill Quentin Wilson.

My vote is not random, but I will admit that I do not have any truly compelling notion that Mr. Quentin is the killer. However, he has completely failed to convince me otherwise... Despite the fact that I have asked him directly. Not to mention, I need to try to save my own neck, as I have mentioned before, because I know that I am not a killer and therefore must save myself.

If you die partially by my hand in this first day, Mr. Quentin, I apologize in advance... Not that it's any consolation.
    Last edited by Naomidee; September 03, 2012 at 07:04 AM.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Good evening, dear citizens of Upton... Well, perhaps not such a good evening after all. And perhaps not all citizens so dear. I hate the though of it, but it seems we have some murderers colluding in Blakesley Manor tonight.
    Miss Garside, how do you know that was the action of a group, instead of a solo killer? Do you have more info that the other people here have?
    Spoiler show

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I said I'm compelled to fight corruption, Ms. Garside. In this arena that is neither here nor there, because fighting the corruption of the soul is beyond my capabilities. Stating my innocence does nothing because no one will implicate themselves. They simply cannot be held accountable for now. If it is a random vote, fine. However you are implicating me to even the stakes instead of it being truly random. Terrence Walpole already voted for me, despite not listing me as someone under his suspicion.

This party is aimless and this first day is aimless. I only fear that there is something more sinister at work here than criminal opportunists.

xi0 Abstains from voting

I will not let random choice be held against me. I'll be at the bar...with my Broomhandle. Come for my neck and I will not be able to guarantee your well-being.
    Last edited by xi0; September 03, 2012 at 07:29 AM.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    lulz no random vote usually "cuts it" as a legitimate reason for day 1
    That's cause, unfortunately, innocent people don't commit to the fact we must find a killer before they kill us. Too many of them just jump into this "random decision" in the start... That gives opportunity to bad people to follow them and do the same... they'll have more time to blend, and we might lose days to finally force them to start to show up.

I'm just asking here, fellow citizens, not to waste this first day: at least try... People are talking, check what they're talking, base your vote on a hunch if so, but at least help us all by looking for something, even a minor thing.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast