Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Luffy would one day be the strongest in one piece?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think Luffy would one day be the strongest in one piece?

what i wanted to say is luffy will become strongest/no1 in the end of manga till then he will improve himself to b strongest
    Last edited by suraj5898; September 15, 2012 at 07:02 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    what i wanted to say is luffy will become strongest/no1 in the end of manga till then he will improve himself to b strongest
    ah

my point is, there is no such thing as 'strongest' in oda's world

a label would exist, perhaps, as it did for whitebeard, but there is no truly 'strongest' person in a world where there is no strict linear hieararchy. everyone will have their weaknesses, and for all you know, the king can be unseated by a simple ace.

this isn't dragonball, where power levels mean everything; e.g. even when turned into candy, vegitto could still fly and talk (?!?!) just because he had huge power levels. in dragonball, a person of power level 1000 would never be defeated by the one with 850 who struck out as an 850 would. the only way to defeat the guy of 1000 would be to learn ki control and amass an attack of 1500, or to use power-raising moves such as the kaioken to raise one's power to the vicinity of 1300. otherwise, even asleep, the 1000 wouldn't even be scathed by the 850.

this is one piece, where an admiral made of light, unless he stayed alert, could still be beaten to death by a gang of idiots holding seastone batons.

luffy would be nigh unstoppable by many major players perhaps, but that does not make him the strongest in its technical meaning.

also he does not need to be, which is the whole point of him having his allies around. he will always be afraid of blades, for instance, and that is something best left to zoro, his first mate. he will always be prone to starvation when left alone, and sanji takes care of that by having rationing and cooking skills.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

bro if u look for weaknesses every on has atlest 1 . even kindness is also a weaknesses. when i say luffy become strongest i never say he will never have weaknesses or u see in any of my post that luffy will b weaknesses free ??????????

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not really something you could say as a fact because there is no basis for such a claim except for speculation (which is what the thread is meant for, I guess). Of course, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with believing Luffy will definitely become the strongest by the end. Its just a provocative statement just to say it on the basis that being the strongest is a plus; being the smartest would also be a plus to be the Pirate King but I don't see that happening for Luffy either (although there's actually a good chance he might become the strongest as you said).

bro if u look for weaknesses every on has atlest 1 . even kindness is also a weaknesses. when i say luffy become strongest i never say he will never have weaknesses or u see in any of my post that luffy will b weaknesses free ??????????
    Since you're using the word weakness here as a general weakness (not physical weakness), does that also mean when you say Luffy will become the strongest, you also mean strongest, not physically but generally? If that's the case then I agree with you completely. I believe hyper_megaman is also trying to say that the "Straw Hat Crew," as a whole, will be the strongest by the end of the story (not necessarily just Luffy himself).

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy is strong because of his nakamas and the other people who helped and are still helping him. Without them, Luffy would have been long dead.
    So basically, they are his strength. And they would be the reason why he will become the Pirate King.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    I think Luffy is strong because of his nakamas and the other people who helped and are still helping him. Without them, Luffy would have been long dead.
    So basically, they are his strength. And they would be the reason why he will become the Pirate King.
    Did Roger have a weak crew?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Did Roger have a weak crew?
    Buggy.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Cabin boy, not really part of the crew

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd better be! That's what being Pirate King is all about.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course not! I think PK's level is beneath the ones of the Blank Century, those D's and the nemesis to the Ancient Weapon's creators. Although, even Montblanc Norland and Karugara, they were able to catch Sea Kings and specially Norland survives to be between two island parts being crushed without a fruit... simply outstanding.

But yes, Luffy will be someone that could beat anyone exactly the moment before his death.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

He will eventually become the most influential person in the world. He is starting to get everyone's respect, little by little, he's getting supporters, he's getting influential all over the place. When news arrives that he has challenged and defeated a Yonkou, Big Mom, or that he has an alliance with her, or a Shichibukai, he'll get even more respect.

A list of allies includes the Revolutionaries, former Shichibukai, current Shichibukai, Garp, Coby, Smoker, WB crew remnants, Shanks, the Fishman and Oda knows who else.

He will become the strongest yes, like Roger and Whitebeard once were considered. Speak his name, and everyone will shit in their pants.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member PhoenixRoy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sort of. I think he'll be the strongest in the sense no one can stop him from doing what he wants and he'll be able to go where he wants whenever.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rummy's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think that Luffy will be the Pirate King at the end of the manga and to achieve that he will have to defeat a lot more enemies. And there will be a lot of stronger pirates in the New World, not to mention the other Shichibukais and the Yonkos. I guess Luffy has to defeat the most of them first to gain the title of Pirate King. But I personally think that the strength of him alone will not be enough. The strength they have as a whole crew is much more important. It won't be enough if he alone is the "strongest". The others have to be strong too, so I guess they will be the strongest crew at the end. It would be lame if the others, especially Nami or Usopp, wouldn't get stronger... And I think that the key to defeat all the future enemies is how they work together and become stronger as a team.
    !Friends to the EXTREME!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy has to become the strongest if he wants to become the Pirate King in the end.
    Of course his crew will become the strongest crew as well and he will obviously gain tons of allies, but he will still need to become the strongest person in the World, otherwise he won't be able to become the most free person in the World and the one beeing capable to protect his friends as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he doesn't need to become the Strongest IMHO. If we read chapters 0, 434, 508 and 576 it appears to be more like Luffy has to become the World's Greatest Thread as pirate rather then being "simply" the Strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Cabin boy, not really part of the crew
    Even a cabin boy is to fight in a battle. And he managed to survive the Battle of Edd War against Shiki and several skirmishes against Whitebeard.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast