Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Luffy would one day be the strongest in one piece?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Luffy would one day be the strongest in one piece?

I have no doubt that Luffy would someday be the pirate king. But I don't think that he would be the strongest. I don't want him to be like Gokou in DBZ.

I want him to be the pirate king not because of his strength but because of everyone's respect. They would all acknowledge him as the pirate king not because they're afraid of him or because they can't beat him. But because they would see him worthy of the title.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think Luffy would one day be the strongest in one piece?

I think it likely that he is one day going to attain the title of 'The Strongest'. He is going to have to take on the best; the Yonkou, Akainu, and the like. I don't see how he manages to become the Pirate King without taking out those individuals. It would appear to be necessary for him to achieve his goal. And if you defeat the strongest, you're very likely to be considered as the strongest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

he willl have to defeat them. it does not mean he's stronger per se, as there are many ways to beat people aside from brute strength

also i see him as being one of the top few, but not by far. his final fight will be a real struggle too

this is oda, not kishi. i expect competitive realism, not dragon descendent = super senju body

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to refer to One Piece chapter 90 (most or all of it) when I say that Luffy probably will not be the strongest person in the One Piece world. It's still possible, but to achieve his goal of being the Pirate King doesn't require him to be the strongest. It just requires that he has all the right people backing him up.

Luffy acknowledges what he can't do even though he still tries and looks silly. But the main reason for the two years of training wasn't just for Luffy to be strong enough to take on the world's best but also for the rest of his crew so that they wouldn't be a burden to Luffy needing to be protected and saved by him every time like what happened when they were scattered at Shabondy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    I'm going to refer to One Piece chapter 90 (most or all of it) when I say that Luffy probably will not be the strongest person in the One Piece world. It's still possible, but to achieve his goal of being the Pirate King doesn't require him to be the strongest. It just requires that he has all the right people backing him up.

Luffy acknowledges what he can't do even though he still tries and looks silly. But the main reason for the two years of training wasn't just for Luffy to be strong enough to take on the world's best but also for the rest of his crew so that they wouldn't be a burden to Luffy needing to be protected and saved by him every time like what happened when they were scattered at Shabondy.
    Man you said everything, to be the pirate king you alone cant do all the work, istead you need a awesome group of trustworthy people backing you up.
    Kinda what Roger crew was to him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold Roger was forced to share the title of "strongest" with Whitebeard. Luffy will certainly be the "strongest" at the end, but there is no guarantee others won't be on his level (e.g. Blackbeard).

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Gold Roger was forced to share the title of "strongest" with Whitebeard. Luffy will certainly be the "strongest" at the end, but there is no guarantee others won't be on his level (e.g. Blackbeard).
    gold roger didn't share it with whitebeard

whitebeard was the only person to EVER tie with roger in a fight. that doesn't mean he routinely tied with roger. it just tells u he's the only person who's achieved it once.

whitebeard was called the world's strongest man only after roger died.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    gold roger didn't share it with whitebeard

whitebeard was the only person to EVER tie with roger in a fight. that doesn't mean he routinely tied with roger. it just tells u he's the only person who's achieved it once.

whitebeard was called the world's strongest man only after roger died.
    There is room for some debate as Roger's and Whitebeard's pirating careers spanned decades. At the very least it would involve Roger's prime as he was only famous worldwide during his final years. Furthermore, Roger hasn't been stated to be stronger than Whitebeard. Both the manga and the databook have made it explicitly clear the two were forced to share the title of "strongest". In other words, Roger = Whitebeard.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy will need to surpass them both if he is going to take on the world goverment as it is now and the likes of blackbeard and yonku... powers now are not what they used to be 20 years ago, WG took down WB, they are much stronger now, BB is story on its own, first man ever to have multiple DF powers and thats two of the most powerfull df we seen so far. not only lufy will need to becomo most powerfull he is goung to gave most powerfull crew... best swordsman, bravest man of the sea, doctor that cures all etc. but i guess thats whats comes with title of pirate king
    Sorry for my Engrish...

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    There is room for some debate as Roger's and Whitebeard's pirating careers spanned decades. At the very least it would involve Roger's prime as he was only famous worldwide during his final years. Furthermore, Roger hasn't been stated to be stronger than Whitebeard. Both the manga and the databook have made it explicitly clear the two were forced to share the title of "strongest". In other words, Roger = Whitebeard.
    where is this stated in the manga and databooks?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    he willl have to defeat them. it does not mean he's stronger per se, as there are many ways to beat people aside from brute strength

also i see him as being one of the top few, but not by far. his final fight will be a real struggle too

this is oda, not kishi. i expect competitive realism, not dragon descendent = super senju body
    I agree with this. He doesn't have to be stronger than his enemy in order to win. His battle with Crocodile is one good example. If it hadn't for his discovery of Croc's weakness, he wouldn't be able to beat the guy.
    He got out of really bad situations because of his allies who were willing to give their lives for him. Mr. 2 in impel down, Ace, Jimbei, even Croc saved his life.
    Luffy has a lot of luck. And his most dangerous ability is not his strength but his power to make other people his ally. So he doesn't really need to be super powerful to achieve his goal of being pirate king as long as he have allies who trust and believe in him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    luffy will need to surpass them both if he is going to take on the world goverment as it is now and the likes of blackbeard and yonku... powers now are not what they used to be 20 years ago, WG took down WB, they are much stronger now, BB is story on its own, first man ever to have multiple DF powers and thats two of the most powerfull df we seen so far. not only lufy will need to becomo most powerfull he is goung to gave most powerfull crew... best swordsman, bravest man of the sea, doctor that cures all etc. but i guess thats whats comes with title of pirate king
    Agreed. His crew are all going to become the best at what they do and so will Luffy. Shounen protagonists rarely ever express a desire to become the most powerful person in the world but that's still what happens almost all the time.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Course he's gonna be the strongest in One Piece He's gonna become the PK , a title that defines the strongest . If you don't have the power then you'll never be able to keep your title as PK as simple as that

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy isn't strong enough to defeat anyone that challenges him in a solo battle then he won't be King for very long. I see absolutely no reason for Luffy not to be the strongest at the end of One Piece. Who's to say BlackBeard or Kaido won't challenge him again and take his title because he isn't really stronger than them.

I know I couldn't respect someone that I'm stronger than as King.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; September 04, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    If Luffy isn't strong enough to defeat anyone that challenges him in a solo battle then he won't be King for very long. I see absolutely no reason for Luffy not to be the strongest at the end of One Piece. Who's to say BlackBeard or Kaido won't challenge him again and take his title because he isn't really stronger than them.

I know I couldn't respect someone that I'm stronger than as King.
    Shanks, Rayleigh and Jimbei are all stronger than him. But they all respected him. He even earned Whitebeard's respect. And it's not because of his strength but because of his strong will. It's his will that will make him pirate king. The will of D.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast