Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The most direct connection between Obito and Zetsu

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb The most direct connection between Obito and Zetsu

Here's my crazy idea: Zetsu IS Obito. I don't know why, don't know how, but black Zetsu, White Zetsu and Obito are the same.
    They look alike:

Obito is compatible with white zetsu cells (to the extent of replacing limbs), linked to zetsu's tree scouting ability, easily finding Sasuke when he went to attack Konoha etc.

How does it sound?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The most direct connection between Obito and Zetsu

I think black zetsu is a key factor in linking Madara, Obito, and Nagato into each others storylines

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

There's some connection for sure, but what is it exactly? We know (right?) that White Zetsu is grown from that Hashirama-tree thing that Yamato is stuck in. We know Black Zetsu has a different mind and voice than White Zetsu and also knows a lot about the Sharingan, while White Zetsu doesn't (from Itachi vs. Sasuke).

So it seems like:

White Zetsu: grown from Hashirama's chakra/cells
    Black Zetsu: grown from Madara's chakra/cells

Now, remember when Bee carved Sasuke up like a turkey dinner? Juugo repaired Sasuke with his own flesh (gross). Zetsu probably did the same for Obito. Maybe because of that, Obito got Madara-ified?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    There's some connection for sure, but what is it exactly? We know (right?) that White Zetsu is grown from that Hashirama-tree thing that Yamato is stuck in. We know Black Zetsu has a different mind and voice than White Zetsu and also knows a lot about the Sharingan, while White Zetsu doesn't (from Itachi vs. Sasuke).

So it seems like:

White Zetsu: grown from Hashirama's chakra/cells
    Black Zetsu: grown from Madara's chakra/cells

Now, remember when Bee carved Sasuke up like a turkey dinner? Juugo repaired Sasuke with his own flesh (gross). Zetsu probably did the same for Obito. Maybe because of that, Obito got Madara-ified?
    could be but Juugo could do that because of his clans ability and because sasuke was compatable with Orochimarus CS....and if i recall he said "it should work" so he was not 100% sure

but maybe if black Zetsu is really grown from madaras cells(how would he go about doing that?) then maybe he is comparable with any Uchiha.

I got a feeling that Zetsu(black zetsu) is whats going to connect Obito to Madara....but i also think that Orochimaru has something to do with them aswell ... maybe Orochimaru worked with Madara ?

I think we will be switching to Oro and Sasuke next week
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Gats
    24h Spoiler Rule : Please do not post messages related to the current chapter outside its own thread.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Good observation, MotherRussia. I actually thought of this last week too. Other than the bigger pupils of White Zetsu and his skin- and hair-colour, he looks damn similar to Tobi. You might say "oh many Naruto chars look like that", but fact is, Tobi and White Zetsu are very close allies that know how to play with Senju DNA. So it's not that incredibly farfetched to say that they are similar.

And of course, where Tobi's scars are, is where White Zetsu's half face is missing. Coincidence? You tell me.

Still I see no plot-reason as to why White Zetsu would look like Tobi. If Orochimaru created him then that's different, he would probably base the design on Tobi's face.
    If Madara created him with the Rinnegan though, then it would make no sense.

Or, what if it's something more complicated like; Madara created Black Zetsu and Orochimaru/Tobi created White Zetsu.
    This would explain how Black Zetsu is so serious and experienced, while White is all playful and doesn't seem to know as much.
    Last edited by Notak; September 05, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

New Reply