Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 217 Discussion/218 Prediction

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 217 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    What I think is that the process of synchronizing with innocense is very bit different than the typical perception of getting stronger via physical training. Synchronizing with innocence deals with the level of physical, mental and spiritual connectivity an exorcist has with his/her innocence. Therefore, like the process of noahfication (Tyki for example) it is possible for an exorcist to prohibit their synch with the innocence by not fully accepting the sole mission of the innocence entirely (like Kanda). Also remember that Kanda does not rely entirely on synchronizing with his innocence and instead utilizes the taboo seal's power to strengthen himself and mugen in exchange for his life force. Maybe Kanda purposely suppresses his synchro-rate in order not to be detected by Hevlaska. Maybe Hevlaska even suspects this but keeps quiet about it until an exorcist truly purges the critical mark.

Nice colouring again by the way...
    I dont agree here, Innocence seems to be sentient in every sense of its being. Apo proves it when being that himself. As well as talking about Crown Clown as a person. Not a thing. Sync therefor could be different for anyone. The innocence in question could be 100% loyal to the cause of the heart, or not... To me it seems like Innocence is more of a in between state of being independent as well as part of a greater link of innocence > linked to the heart. More like a beehive then anything else.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been translated in Spanish? Portuguese? (I don't know) at mangabird.
    http://www.mangabird.com/dgray-man-217
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    it's spanish
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner neah's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://equalibriem.tumblr.com/post/3...d-gray-man-217 here is the link to the translated chapter online its a pretty good translation

6. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 217 Discussion/218 Prediction

Kanda's a General?!?!!?

I'm speechless. I just didn't see that coming, at all! Johnny is with Allen again? Did Johnny see the Earl too? What's going on?! Ahhhh!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AnimeForever's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

So... Apo-chan tried to change Kanda's memory, and he wanted to Kanda think Allen asked him to go back to the order, and Johnny worried about the fallen one's sign, but Kanda's healing ability healed him, so he remember what happened really. Wow... What will happen then? Kanda will go back, or he'll help to the Moyashi? And... Why is he hate my sweet Nea-kun? (Or maybe Nea-san) :'(

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll ignore the previous posts... :P

d;faksdjf;sjfsfjs;fsf KANDA AS A GENERAL!!! WOOOOOOOH!
    was it because of his new innocence?... Wait, Kanda's innocence is now a crystal-type right? So as Lenalee's, but why isn't she considered as on "Critical Level"?

But to think he will be a GENERAL was sooooo awesome! Hoho, I'm starting to think on what would happen if Kanda got his own bunch of pupils...

BTW, I can't stop laughing at Tiedoll X))) and the Jasdero twins seemed to be different eh?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    Spanish!!!
    Though I liked the chapter I was kinda hoping for information on Allen. just one page or one panel would have been nice! oh well. why the hell would they hold lenalee and marie under custody? they had nothing to do with it! i'm a little confused now i thought the creepy looking man that Tyki and Road fought when they were busting allen out of the black order was Apo's real form. now we have some creepy jack in the box looking figure who's also the apo and bears a resemblance to the general look the level 2 akuma have....connection??? agh! i hope hoshino isn't on hiatus again next month cause we need some answers! (and probably loads of more questions!) (sorry for the bad grammar guys and the fact that it probably makes no sense! i typed this up really quick when i should be doing homework!)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Spanish!!!
    Though I liked the chapter I was kinda hoping for information on Allen. just one page or one panel would have been nice! oh well. why the hell would they hold lenalee and marie under custody? they had nothing to do with it! i'm a little confused now i thought the creepy looking man that Tyki and Road fought when they were busting allen out of the black order was Apo's real form. now we have some creepy jack in the box looking figure who's also the apo and bears a resemblance to the general look the level 2 akuma have....connection??? agh! i hope hoshino isn't on hiatus again next month cause we need some answers! (and probably loads of more questions!) (sorry for the bad grammar guys and the fact that it probably makes no sense! i typed this up really quick when i should be doing homework!)
    No you're mistaking Jasdebi's materialization ability with Apo. Jasdebi blew of Apo's head with one of their crazy bullets which turned into the creepy clown thing. Misinterpretation........happens to the best of us

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Kanda's a general! Wonder what he's gonna do.
    Poor Tim is still broken.
    Thank goodness Kanda's still got some healing power. Apo really creepy as always.
    "I am an angel! I am here to protect the heart, I mean save you all..."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaite1211's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    What I think is that the process of synchronizing with innocense is very bit different than the typical perception of getting stronger via physical training. Synchronizing with innocence deals with the level of physical, mental and spiritual connectivity an exorcist has with his/her innocence. Therefore, like the process of noahfication (Tyki for example) it is possible for an exorcist to prohibit their synch with the innocence by not fully accepting the sole mission of the innocence entirely (like Kanda). Also remember that Kanda does not rely entirely on synchronizing with his innocence and instead utilizes the taboo seal's power to strengthen himself and mugen in exchange for his life force. Maybe Kanda purposely suppresses his synchro-rate in order not to be detected by Hevlaska. Maybe Hevlaska even suspects this but keeps quiet about it until an exorcist truly purges the critical mark.
    Your quote has brought up some interesting points, and they seem more likely than my own. I think that Helveska doesn't like what the Black Order has done, but I think that she cares for it anyways. I've had my suspicions before, but maybe Helveska is the Levirrer girl who had synchronized with innocence 100 years previously, this would then make the young Malcom Levirrer's comment rather accurate, which accused her of killing those in her own family. Maybe in an attempt to prove him wrong, she has protected Kanda from becoming a general, something which is probably more sinister than it seems. It does seem like Kanda has been suppressing his innocence, evidence of this could be him slowly turning into a Fallen (perhaps his artificial body can no longer suppress the innocence, especially since it is in his blood?). Just something to think about...

Concerning the title of D.Gray-Man, does the "Gray" refer to the Noah and the Black Order being a little of both good and bad, black and white? If so, does "-Man" refer to Allen being in the middle of this conflict as a third side? If my suspicions are right, then what does the "D." Stand for? I remember seeing it on Mana's forehead instead of the typical akuma pentagram whenever he increased the ability of Allen's cursed eye, but what does it mean?
    Last edited by Kaite1211; December 11, 2012 at 08:54 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner neah's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting to see how Kanda will turn out as a general... I think someone said this earlier but if Kanda is a general in Cross's spot then he can protect Alllen without protecting him and betraying the order srry if thats confusing.... Im kinda shocked to see how the twins have matured since the beginning. I can not wait for the next chapter!!!!!!

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    was it because of his new innocence?... Wait, Kanda's innocence is now a crystal-type right? So as Lenalee's, but why isn't she considered as on "Critical Level"?
    There might be a few possibilities I suppose. One being that Lenalee hasn't necessarily exceeded 100% synchronization at a steady rate. As I recall, that was never specified. Being crystal type doesn't automatically imply critical point, right? As Tiedoll mentioned, Kanda has been hiding the fact that he's Critical, so we may have not seen his true abilities yet.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roux23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Spanish!!!
    Only reason I can think of Lenalee and Marie being under custody is because they came back to the order with Kanda, so they where probably held with a tons of questions about Alma and Kanda and possibly the location of Allen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    There might be a few possibilities I suppose. One being that Lenalee hasn't necessarily exceeded 100% synchronization at a steady rate. As I recall, that was never specified. Being crystal type doesn't automatically imply critical point, right? As Tiedoll mentioned, Kanda has been hiding the fact that he's Critical, so we may have not seen his true abilities yet.
    I think I might be able to clear something up here. As I stated before in one of my previous posts, I don't believe synchronizing with innocense is a measure of one's "power level" so to speak. In theory I think it actually is just a measure of how well a person and their innocense coordinate, kind of like dancing. Naturally when two dance partners practice a routine they are better able to move in a coordinated fashion with each other. Professional salsa dance partners are usually so well coordinated that they can communicate only with their eyes. In the case of exorcists and innocense their communication may be driven by establishing a simular will. ca12nag3 made an interresting and very true point when he spoke of the innocence as being sentient. Which again is why I don't see synchro as being a measure of just power, especially when innocence by themself are already such powerful beings.

Lenalee's situation is different from Kanda's in that Lenalee didn't have as strong a connection with her innocense as Kanda even before chrystal type. In a way I think crystal type was only a transformation made by the innocense that can facilitate faster synchronization, hence why it begins to use the blood of the exorcist. I also think that chrystal type increases the efficiency (work input/work output) of the weapon's operation. We still are unaware of why exactly the innocense chooses to undergo such an evolution, but we are aware now that chrystal type doesn't mean the innosence has totally forfitted its purpose for the will of an exorcist.

@ Kaite1211: I think Hoshino has said in an interview that she had forgotten what the "dD" stood for.... but everything else you've said does sound just about correct
    Last edited by capricorn; December 11, 2012 at 09:29 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast