Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 217 Discussion/218 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 217 Spoiler Thread

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by practically View Post
    It's kind of ridiculous how excited I am about seeing Jasdevi, but now I've just got one question...

Spoiler show
    LOL! Interrestingly enough if you look closely you'll actually see that the creepy clown thing looks like the fused version of Jasdebi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, chapter!! and I missed all of you lovely people.

I love how Kanda's memory of Link is basically Link looking up at him like "Gurl don't even".

Digging Link's boots being Cross Junior. And that's not all about Link that I think is Cross Junior.

Ha, ha...the crowd.
    Rubes: Wow, it's an angel or something, let's gawp at it. We're all so blessed
    Apo: Yeah, that's right, I totally am and you so are. *snickers into sleeve*

Jasdevi! You are so hot and batshit! Still not sure why the Earl dresses the Noah like freaky glam-rock hookers from Mars, but whatever. Maybe because that's what they actually are? Or because the Earl is Ziggy Stardust? Note to self: the Earl is totally Ziggy Stardust.

Woah, is Kanda on one hell of a magic carpet ride or what? Don't worry, because Tiedoll is your dad-person and he loves you. Ain't nobody giving the business to any of Tiedoll's children; he will mess them up.

Oh Timcanpy. No. No. Stop.
    Kanda: He doesn't regenerate. *holds*
    Philbert Travers-Moremont: *weeps for a fellow soldier fallen in battle*
    Me/everyone everywhere: incoherent sobbing

My heart is alternately cartwheeling and curling up into the fetal position with a blankie.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of ridiculous how excited I am about seeing Jasdevi, but now I've just got one question...

Spoiler show
    Yes. Yes. YES! That was my EXACT THOUGHT! Not sure if it's a sort of nod to Madoka Magica, or if Apocryphos has secretly been hunting witches.

On another note, I can't wait for next chapter already ;^;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner practically's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    LOL! Interrestingly enough if you look closely you'll actually see that the creepy clown thing looks like the fused version of Jasdebi
    Yep! I wonder, though... What they bring into reality is something they both imagine. The last time there was a weird grotesque monster from their imagination, it was that goopy monster of their hatred. So... what is this we're seeing now if it looks like their fused form? owo

/squirms excitedly gdhgkfhd ;v;

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

O_O this chapter.. Whoa.. So packed full of goodness as usual..
    Apo's power is damn creepy, and wow. The art was beautiful

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

The same to me too. I had thought "Will that thing chew off Apo-chan's head?" while reading that page. It seems like Hoshino has watched Madoka Magica I wonder if she has yet befriended with Gen Urobuchi.

Seriously, Apo-chan is scary as hell. I thought he was scary before, now things get worse. And he has wings!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed this chapter is beautiful

surprised i was happy to see the twins, don't particularly like or hate them
    but i miss the old noahs

wish there was a little allen or other characters though
    not that i don't enjoy seeing kanda and tim
    Yay for new chapter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Although Allen and Earl not in this chapter, its still awesome!xD
    The art is simply amazing and beautiful!
    The highlight of the chapter for me is definitely Twins VS Apo!!! Jasdero and Debitto both had matured arts but simply cool looking!!!xD Not only that, both of their weapon upgraded from pistol to shotgun!!!XD
    Oh no, Timcampy situation looks no good at all.T_T
    General Tiedoll!!! Miss you too!!!xD
    I'm glad Kanda at least get rid of the brainwash.
    Speaking of brainwash, so that's how Apo do brainwash to huge amount of people.
    And apparently, he can peek into others memory? This confused me a bit.:S
    And Kanda gonna become a general? Hm...can he? Since I'm not sure what his new snycho rate is yet, I'll just stop here.
    For the things happened in this chapter, I definitely did not see this coming.
    And those blur effect is really great work.

Hoping next chapter got Allen and Earl info. Maybe the Earl want or already kidnapped Allen, 14th for the EArl though. That's why the Twins battle Apo in order to buy time.xD
    Last edited by andrewsungchehau; December 01, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I've made some corrections, tgirl~
    Quote Originally Posted by tgirl
    Spoiler show
    DON'T USE THIS FOR SCANLATIONS.

13. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little more composed now, lol.

I love the panels were Kanda slowly remembers the *real* memories and Apo. Great use of story-telling and art And the page with young!Kanda's traumatic experience with innocence really caught me (got goosebumps!)... is it canon now that the innocence is basically a... rape-substance? That's somewhat paradoxal and strangely amusing ("Innocence that rapes" ) *shot forever in the head*

Yep! I wonder, though... What they bring into reality is something they both imagine. The last time there was a weird grotesque monster from their imagination, it was that goopy monster of their hatred. So... what is this we're seeing now if it looks like their fused form? owo
    Clearly they've been watching too much Madoka Magica in their free-time, and so their creativity evolves around the series Lol, I didn't even notice their clothes before reading all the comments! Probably because those two were pretty stripperific as they were

And this chapter has more handcuff-lampshading again! lol I betcha the Earl had to bring Johnny too Actually, now I really want that to happen I can imagine awkward dinner at the Noah-house:
    Cyril - "This is all very nice and pleasant but here is one among us who do not belong here" *everyone stares at Johnny*
    Johnny - "B-but the Earl said I could stay if I taught him the secrets of my splendid tailoring! I could design new uniforms for you!"
    Cyril - ".... well, the Earl did stress that he needed new ideas for his hat arrangements... and it is true that ever since we let the twins design our uniforms, I've felt a little... exposed... and we have noticed that the Order's uniforms make the exorcists look very handsome.."

This chapter raised two questions:
    1) If Kanda did not "resist" Apo-chan's brainwashing, would he have avoided becoming a "Fallen"? If he went back to the Order, he wouldn't "betray" the innocence, right? My point is; Did Apo-chan actually want to help Kanda from becoming a Fallen? But maybe if Kanda now becomes a General, he'll be saved from the innocence's wrath anyway?
    2) If Timcampi is... temporarily unavailable for participation in the series... () Could this halt or disturb the awakening of the 14th? Since he's said to be part of what makes the "musician"? Or does he just keep the music score?

This is a good opportunity to put Kanda "on a bus" for a while. I don't mind him having a lot of screentime as he's an important character; and his past is deeply connected to innocence and the current Apochryphos-plot, so he still has a story to tell. But I have to agree; we need more Lavi now! and other characters I forgot how much I miss (like Tiedoll and Jasdevi) reminded me of how little we've seen them lately.
    Last edited by relory; December 01, 2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: damn me and my tl;dr posts O_o
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Biomogyi2's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG TIMCANPY NOOOOO! :'( Seriously NOOOO! My little Timmy died (?!) No way he was the best and cutest little pet in the manga and anime history and now he is dead, Hoshino that was just so cruel i can't stop the tears :'(((((
    Last edited by Biomogyi2; December 01, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
    ~Allen Walker~ Just admit it! He is HOT and CUTE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LunaLupus's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMM T^T NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    will he recover? Will he come back? TIIIIIIIIMMMMMMM T^T
    and what about Allen?? ._.
    I'm a slow dying Flower..
    Frost killing Hour

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by verduister View Post
    I've made some corrections, tgirl~

DON'T USE THIS FOR SCANLATIONS.
    Thanks and double thanks. For two of them, I didn't change them completely and I added some T/Ns in response to those changes. Appreciate these and any future corrections.
    Last edited by tgirl; December 01, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=andrewsungchehau;3184197]Although Allen and Earl not in this chapter, its still awesome!xD
    The art is simply amazing and beautiful!
    The highlight of the chapter for me is definitely Twins VS Apo!!! Jasdero and Debitto both had matured arts but simply cool looking!!!xD Not only that, both of their weapon upgraded from pistol to shotgun!!!XD
    Oh no, Timcampy situation looks no good at all.T_T
    General Tiedoll!!! Miss you too!!!xD
    I'm glad Kanda at least get rid of the brainwash.
    Speaking of brainwash, so that's how Apo do brainwash to huge amount of people.
    And apparently, he can peek into others memory? This confused me a bit.:S
    And Kanda gonna become a general? Hm...can he? Since I'm not sure what his new snycho rate is yet, I'll just stop here.
    For the things happened in this chapter, I definitely did not see this coming.
    And those blur effect is really great work.

That was interresting to me because, when you look back to chapter 203 http://mangafox.me/manga/d_gray_man/v22/c203/16.html and 204http://mangafox.me/manga/d_gray_man/v22/c204/13.html Apocryphos indicates that Allen was able to see through him, which I would interpret as Allen could see into Apo's mind/memmories. Therefore it begins not to feel that far fetched that Apo has such an ability which he can apply to his advantage. I guess d gray man Wiki was actually right....... What was most interresting to me though was Apo's feat of Mass Hypnosis seen with the town's people. Its interresting how in this instance he did not need to come in physical contact with the people he was hypnotising. One problem I had with this was Link's response to Apo. How is it that Link remmemberred him idf Apo had truly brainwashed him. Could it be that Link lied to Lvellie in chapter 213http://mangafox.me/manga/d_gray_man/v23/c213/20.html, but why? Could it be that when Link was resurrected using Atuda, like Kanda's Taboo seal, it was able to reject Apo's brainwashing influence?

On a side note, I'm really digging this drawing style and this arc. Both give off this feeling of a fusion between the concepts of older days of D gray man with the maturity and authorization of the newer age of D gray man. I'm loving it

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast