Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 217 Discussion/218 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 217 Spoiler Thread

I don't think Link remembered Apocryphos. He seemed appalled that a Cardinal would be able to defeat Kanda (and spout massive angel wings). If he remembered Apocryphos, he would not be surprised and would not be questioning Central.

Am I the only one who thinks that Jasdevi are the most powerful Noah? They totally kicked the exorcists' ass in the Ark Arc. Krory didn't even really defeat them. It ended in a draw, though Jasdevi were definitely better off than Krory was (he was in a coma). I mean, Road and Tyki both had their asses kicked by Apocryphos, and Jasdevi managed to blow his head off. He's probably going to come back and give them a beatdown next chapter, but they definitely did more damage than Road or Tyki.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

but this little fight remembered me of terminator2 movie... apo as t1000 xD apo will show a new trick and somehow kick jasdevi... they will retreat maybe leaving a message that earl took allen already... so he might leave a message in cetnral that allen joined noah and mark him as traitor

hard to tell but still the question is who is the heart... which is soooo persistent to chase allen so much and even order to kill him... is it someone close to allen...my guess its somone from central as apo was close to that place like a guard...

I hope for next chapter to see lenalee, road and allen..... lenalee hearing from kanda about allen and be kinda glad that he is holding together but learning that something different is chasing allen which will confirm leaviers worries about that prison incident.... and we see road take care of allen (the way she looked after earl) while sheril is pissed off in the doors xD
    Last edited by Zibi234; December 02, 2012 at 03:23 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your hard work on the translation, tgirl!
    Really appreciate it!

Oh, how I love that panel were Allen's words warps.. So creepy~
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

More corrections. Pay a little more attention to particles and verb forms

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    *** Definitely, please do not use this for scanlation! Thank you!!

Spoiler show
    DO NOT USE FOR SCANLATIONS.
    Last edited by verduister; December 02, 2012 at 04:17 AM.

6. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I don't think Link remembered Apocryphos. He seemed appalled that a Cardinal would be able to defeat Kanda (and spout massive angel wings). If he remembered Apocryphos, he would not be surprised and would not be questioning Central.

Am I the only one who thinks that Jasdevi are the most powerful Noah? They totally kicked the exorcists' ass in the Ark Arc. Krory didn't even really defeat them. It ended in a draw, though Jasdevi were definitely better off than Krory was (he was in a coma). I mean, Road and Tyki both had their asses kicked by Apocryphos, and Jasdevi managed to blow his head off. He's probably going to come back and give them a beatdown next chapter, but they definitely did more damage than Road or Tyki.

Good point, I forgot that Link's been keeping a close eye on Allen, Kanda and Johnny, so naturally he would see a huge explosive showdown in the middle of town.

I'll wait to see what the other Noah are capable of before making an assesment of who's the most powerful besides the Earl. Also remmember that the art of a battle is a lot more diverse in D gray man than in most other Shonens in that elements like trickery and elusiveness are also major factors that can influence the outcome of a fight. Especially considerring that not all Noah's fight with their fists. Added to that, I think Road even stated in the Noah's ark arc that Jasdebi's bond is their strength as well as their weakness. I think another one of their weaknesses was their immaturity, but they seem to have abandoned some of that after their interaction with Krory. Though I will admit that they really do have one of the more frightenning abilities, I'm betting on Tryde (Noah of Judgement) to be the next strongest thing after the Earl given the nature of his responsibility in the noah family.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AnimeForever's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim died???!!! NOOOOOO!!! That stupid Apo! How could he kill Tim??? Somebody save him! I hope Tim isn't dead. I speak a little bit Japanese, so I understand something. Kanda'll be a general? And come on Jasdevi, kill that stupid Apo!!! But I really miss Allen too. I thought he appear in that chapter. And where is Lavi too???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim looks so dead!! poor Tim!! and Allen is missing ....
    so Kanda's going back to the order it seems, maybe he can take Tim to Komui, they might be able to fix him, I hope...

Jasdevi are in trouble, handling this Apocryphos creep by themselves is too much, perhaps they called the other Noah around to gang on him, I wish to see him dead soon...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    Thanks for your hard work on the translation, tgirl and verduister!
    Really appreciate it!
    Fixed, and you're welcome, relory! ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by verduister View Post
    More corrections. Pay a little more attention to particles and verb forms

DO NOT USE FOR SCANLATIONS.
    I'll try. Even with knowing the right verb forms, they don't always come out the way you expect them to be. ^_^ I never translated the "Fallen One" before so now I know. As for the handcuff parts, I wasn't too sure if it was Allen or Kanda. but yeah, now I see... (Originally had Kanda down. Ragh. Should've stuck with him. >D)

Thanks soooooo much, verd!! ! *rolls up sleeves* Back to work!!

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaite1211's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    Tim looks so dead!! poor Tim!! and Allen is missing ....
    so Kanda's going back to the order it seems, maybe he can take Tim to Komui, they might be able to fix him, I hope...

Jasdevi are in trouble, handling this Apocryphos creep by themselves is too much, perhaps they called the other Noah around to gang on him, I wish to see him dead soon...
    Taking Timcanpy to Komui can be either a good or bad thing...

-Komui may find out that the 14th has awakened (Allen would have to be classified as a traitor by the Black Order)
    -Komui may find out about Apocryphos (Komui may be able to bring Allen back as a fully fledged exorcist because Tim's video would be proof that Allen didn't kill Link, and that the Black Order has enemies within)

Off topic but: Apo's name origin can actually apply to his existence, because the definition of Apocrypha is: Biblical or related writings not forming part of the accepted part or scripture...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in the fact that Apocryphos looked like an angel. Is that what Innocence truly is? The pure Innocence in the Alma Karma flashbacks had a halo and wings, just like an angel. (EDIT: Fallen Ones look like angels as well) Not to mention the feathers that Hoshino has been drawing to the very last detail. There has to be a reason why she's been dedicating so much time to drawing feathers when she can hardly get out a chapter every month.

An interesting parallel is the dark matter, which also takes the form of an angel when it's at its most powerful. Level 4 akuma look like angels, and even Alma Karma looked like an angel with his halo (though he also had a contrasting devil tail).
    Last edited by Jaymie; December 03, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member XxVongolaPrimaxX's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly im starting to see the Noah as good and the Black Order as bad -.- I always did like the characters that interacted with Allen though, but the rest
    of them are surrounded in mystery and unknown. I feel that they can't be trusted. If it wasn't for the innocence and becoming a fallen one they could leave. It's kind of just keeping them there. Im not sure. Im also starting to hate the innocence like it's cool but it causes pain to everyone. I guess this arc and development is changing my view of everything i believed in.

Angels BAD
    Demons SEMI GOOD....?

E V E R Y O N E S B A D
    OOOOO MMMMM GGGGGG

WELL ONE THINGS FOR SURE rip Lavi for 2012 <3
    I felt like Kanda needs all this screen time to build up for something better.

*~Behind Every Dream There Is Always Another Ambition~*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's that. I finished it last night (wee hours of the morning, my time). Then, came back today to fix up the sound effects to the best that I can. Looking forward to getting my sleeping pattern back to normal.

I appreciate everyone's patience. >_< Thanks for the support! And.....

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by XxVongolaPrimaxX View Post
    Honestly im starting to see the Noah as good and the Black Order as bad -.- I always did like the characters that interacted with Allen though, but the rest of them are surrounded in mystery and unknown.
    I felt that from the earlier portions of the story (when we got to know how Noah came to be and Eliade..). Not everything and everyone are completely good or bad. Hence, why everyone has a form of gray within themselves. So, on both sides... The Black Order and the Noah. Both sides think they're doing something good, in their views, for the future of the world. Yet, we have the Apocryphos and his "master" trying to have their way. Then, there's the harsh power of the Church. In the midst of that, you still have good people within the Order.

On the Noah side, some of the Noah and a lot of the Akuma don't seem to shed any compassion for human-kind. They are under the mantra of "hate the Innocence" and "don't forgive the Innocence". Then, there are the other Noah who seem to have their own agendas that are unknown the Earl. On top of that, the 14th knows how to convert Akuma out of the "hate the Innocence" spell. (I want to see that ability in action!)

Then, we have the third side who must consist of people from both sides. They most likely want the world to be at peace and share a common goal of going against both the Church and the Earl. Hope we learn more about the third side.... Oh wait, Boooookmannnnn!! Laviiiii!! >__<

Edit 2: And I hope Kanda will be able to make contact with Nea instead of going gun-ho "I must kill him!! Grr..." He'll probably have to stab Allen again for that to happen. ;__; Noooo... Still, I'm super curious how this is going to go. There are a lot of things about the past we still don't know. Allen's "former life". Nea's life. (The heck, I still don't get then why/how Allen and Nea share the same letters in their names.... Hoshiiiinoooo!! Is it hitsuzen or just a coincidence!?)
    Last edited by tgirl; December 03, 2012 at 07:18 PM.

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The Order is chaotic good and the Noah are lawful evil. It's easy to mix up chaotic/evil and lawful/good, but I think it's still clear who's good and who's evil. The difference is that the Order has no standards and will resort to anything if it's for the greater good, while the Noah only commit bad deeds when it's absolutely necessary to their mission. Remember, the Noah are still trying to end the world and the Order is still trying to save it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    This is a good opportunity to put Kanda "on a bus" for a while. I don't mind him having a lot of screentime as he's an important character; and his past is deeply connected to innocence and the current Apochryphos-plot, so he still has a story to tell. But I have to agree; we need more Lavi now! and other characters I forgot how much I miss (like Tiedoll and Jasdevi) reminded me of how little we've seen them lately.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed toward this arc not becoming "The Adventures of General Kanda".

I hope Kanda will be able to make contact with Nea instead of going gun-ho "I must kill him!! Grr..."
    I admit, I facepalmed a bit at Kanda's reaction there at the end. Really, Kanda? Really? You don't think you might want to get a bit more info on the subject first? I know Nea gave Johnny a depressed skull fracture and everything, but Johnny's ok now, and don't you imagine that Nea has the DL on some pretty important intel? Hint: signs are pointing to 'yes'. Tiedoll, please make Kanda's Generalship conditional upon his acquiescing to a "questions first, slicing second" policy regarding all information-gathering events.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Some final corrections~
    *** Definitely, please do not use this for scanlation! Thank you!!

Spoiler show
    DO NOT USE FOR SCANLATIONS

Props for translating the SFX btw! I'm always too lazy to do that XD

Well, that's that. I finished it last night (wee hours of the morning, my time). Then, came back today to fix up the sound effects to the best that I can. Looking forward to getting my sleeping pattern back to normal.

I appreciate everyone's patience. >_< Thanks for the support! And.....

Spoiler show
    Don't I get any pretty hair? You're welcome! Haha OK, I'll take the next one~ お疲れさま! Good work!
    Last edited by verduister; December 04, 2012 at 03:17 AM.

21. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast