Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 217 Discussion/218 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 217 Spoiler Thread

^ Super SUPER SUPEER THANK YOU!!

I added in your corrections, re-worded just a teeny bit of them (if you don't mind >.<), and made my responses to your T/Ns over there. In example: The 知ってる one. That's a really long explanation for a simple sentence. Haha.. ^^; This has been a great learning experience. Especially with informal/colloquial Japanese that I'm not use to.

I think a lot of your explanations for the grammar are more helpful than たくさん websites/textbooks combined. Appreciate them all. Just need to get the kinks of understanding できたんだよ a little bit more. ^^;

As for my picture, I don't know what your hair looks like so.....yeah. Sorry... I'm afraid of drawing the wrong hair-style on you. If you could describe it to me, I can make an upgraded version of that picture the next time I come back on here if you want? Edit 3: I just noticed a big huge error with my picture, so I will definitely have to change it anyways. >_< I made that image in a hurry so I'll make a new one. I thanked you in French. I wasn't thinking again. I got to respond back a "thank you" in Dutch. *bangs head*

And thanks!! Not perfect, but thanks to you, I feel a bit more confident now. I'm saving all your correction notes for the future. Mwahahahaha...

Edit because I need to respond before hitting the sack. 3:30 some a.m. over here, but I had 10 hours of sleep last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    The Order is chaotic good and the Noah are lawful evil. It's easy to mix up chaotic/evil and lawful/good, but I think it's still clear who's good and who's evil. The difference is that the Order has no standards and will resort to anything if it's for the greater good, while the Noah only commit bad deeds when it's absolutely necessary to their mission. Remember, the Noah are still trying to end the world and the Order is still trying to save it.
    Is it that simple though? *rubs chin* True, the Order would resort to anything if it's to "save" the world, but within the Order, to do something beyond "anything" doesn't go under a good label to me. Even if it's "chaotic good". And if someone, in the Noah, decides to flip sides and join good, then they're all not entirely black and white to me.

(I have to wonder what would happen if the "Don't forgive the Innocence" spiel was disconnected from all Akuma? Food for thought here?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies
    I admit, I facepalmed a bit at Kanda's reaction there at the end. Really, Kanda? Really? You don't think you might want to get a bit more info on the subject first? I know Nea gave Johnny a depressed skull fracture and everything, but Johnny's ok now, and don't you imagine that Nea has the DL on some pretty important intel? Hint: signs are pointing to 'yes'. Tiedoll, please make Kanda's Generalship conditional upon his acquiescing to a "questions first, slicing second" policy regarding all information-gathering events.
    Yep. Yep. I like how you put it too. >D Although, I thought it would be "slice first, questions second while the victim is bleeding"??
    Last edited by tgirl; December 05, 2012 at 03:51 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    ^ Super SUPER SUPEER THANK YOU!!

I added in your corrections, re-worded just a teeny bit of them (if you don't mind >.<), and made my responses to your T/Ns over there. In example: The 知ってる one. That's a really long explanation for a simple sentence. Haha.. ^^; This has been a great learning experience. Especially with informal/colloquial Japanese that I'm not use to.

I think a lot of your explanations for the grammar are more helpful than たくさん websites/textbooks combined. Appreciate them all. Just need to get the kinks of understanding できたんだよ a little bit more. ^^;

As for my picture, I don't know what your hair looks like so.....yeah. Sorry... I'm afraid of drawing the wrong hair-style on you. If you could describe it to me, I can make an upgraded version of that picture the next time I come back on here if you want? Edit 3: I just noticed a big huge error with my picture, so I will definitely have to change it anyways. >_< I made that image in a hurry so I'll make a new one. I thanked you in French. I wasn't thinking again. I got to respond back a "thank you" in Dutch. *bangs head*

And thanks!! Not perfect, but thanks to you, I feel a bit more confident now. I'm saving all your correction notes for the future. Mwahahahaha...
    You're welcome <3
    Japanese has so many grammar kinks which textbooks don't explain orz. I remember struggling a lot with -てんだよ in the past and then I googled it in Japanese and everyone's like, "oh, that's just the same as -ている"

Haha don't worry, I was just joking about the hair No need to make a new one, it's a cute pic <3 But if you want to, I'm a brunette with chin-length hair and side bang~
    Last edited by verduister; December 05, 2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spellllling

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pika318's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if anyone wants the Chinese scans?

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2025095308

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a really good chapter from what I can tell by looking at the raws. I haven't really read any of the translations of the text spoilers, however, because I don't like to give that much away before getting to read the translation as a whole with the images. I don't mind looking at the raws since I think that it's interesting to experience the manga with just the images at first. It helps me appreciate the art more and since manga is very art-driven anyway (at least in Hoshino's case for sure).

But I still want to say thank you for helping translate, you guys!

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see what's happening on Allen and The Earl's end, but I think the follow up with Kanda makes more sense at this point anyway. God to finally see Teidoll again, too! I wonder what that substance was that disintegrated Timcanpy. I'm not worried about Tim's revival though, because I'm confident this isn't the end of him! ...Or maybe I'm just in complete denial.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by verduister View Post
    You're welcome <3
    Japanese has so many grammar kinks which textbooks don't explain orz. I remember struggling a lot with -てんだよ in the past and then I googled it in Japanese and everyone's like, "oh, that's just the same as -ている"

Haha don't worry, I was just joking about the hair No need to make a new one, it's a cute pic <3 But if you want to, I'm a brunette with chin-length hair and side bang~
    Yep. Gotta really drill them into the head. It looks simple, but for me, I really do need to practice on this. ている=てんだよ The textbook definitely doesn't explain this well. I've read the Google explanations in the past, but I never really connected the dots between both of them. (There should actually be a textbook all about informal Japanese somewhere in this world.)

And ok. Thanks for the minor detail info! ^^; I still would love to make one, but probably when I have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    This looks like a really good chapter from what I can tell by looking at the raws. I haven't really read any of the translations of the text spoilers, however, because I don't like to give that much away before getting to read the translation as a whole with the images. I don't mind looking at the raws since I think that it's interesting to experience the manga with just the images at first. It helps me appreciate the art more and since manga is very art-driven anyway (at least in Hoshino's case for sure).

But I still want to say thank you for helping translate, you guys!

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see what's happening on Allen and The Earl's end, but I think the follow up with Kanda makes more sense at this point anyway. God to finally see Teidoll again, too! I wonder what that substance was that disintegrated Timcanpy. I'm not worried about Tim's revival though, because I'm confident this isn't the end of him! ...Or maybe I'm just in complete denial.
    And I'll say this on behalf of verd, "you're welcome!!" ^___^ Even if you don't look at the translation, it's okay.

I'm also fully confident that Tim will come back. In order to find out what caused Tim to be in that state, we'd have to take apart the Apo guy. *starry eyes* Dissect the guy until he cries for mercy. *evil grin*

As for getting Tim back to normal, Allen/Nea is the key to all this. The question now is whether, or not, Allen is conscious with Johnny. (And the Earl must still be around.....)
    Last edited by tgirl; December 06, 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the first chapter after a three-month break calls for a celebratory pictorial review, don't you?

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Bloomerwedgies; December 14, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

9. Like 12 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I have asked imperial scans if they will translate DGM and they said this:

"We have dropped dgm. You can expect another quality group to release it somewhere this weekend/early next week.

Well, guess we'll have to wait a little longer D:
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tragerstreit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I joined this forum entirely because Bloomerwedgies is HILARIOUS.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Also:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by tragerstreit; December 07, 2012 at 12:21 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Guys, I have asked imperial scans if they will translate DGM and they said this:
    "We have dropped dgm. You can expect another quality group to release it somewhere this weekend/early next week.
    Oh, no! I wonder why they dropped it? Jeez, that was quick...
    I'm so glad that tgirl and verduister do translations here for us.

OMG Tragerstreit you're finally here! *flail*
    I knew you'd get pulled in eventually. Muahahaha
    Welcome aboard.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Oh, no! I wonder why they dropped it? Jeez, that was quick...
    I'm so glad that tgirl and verduister do translations here for us.
    Welcome aboard.
    I don't know:.. Maybe they are with a lot of projects or its just because of DGM's inconstant releases D:
    Yeah tgirl and verduister are the greatest help here to keep us calm till the chapter xD thank u girls !!
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't unsee the ear, ffffffff-. It's like the weird shading Hishino does around mouths sometimes. Once you notice it's super distracting.
    I'm going to lol if Kanda takes "filling Cross's seat" literally. Like he tries to be like Cross but sucks at it.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tragerstreit View Post
    I joined this forum entirely because Bloomerwedgies is HILARIOUS.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Also:
    Spoiler show
    ...That... Is one horribly drawn ear.

It reminds me of when Hoshino draws arms in long sleeves or legs in pants - the folds in the sleeves make it seem like there's no arm in side. Or no leg inside the pants. And I can not not pay attention to those details >.<''

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

A random colored panel (warning: kinda disturbing)
    So the max number of Generals is 4 now, not 5?
    And how did Kanda hide himself being a critical point breaker when if one appear, the cube inside Hevlaska will react?
    Last edited by non-chan; December 08, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaite1211's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    ...I'm going to lol if Kanda takes "filling Cross's seat" literally. Like he tries to be like Cross but sucks at it.
    Hmmm, that would be an interesting thought. Given his current attempt to escape the order, he might become another Cross, but I'm not sure if he would suck at it. I think that the order wants to make him a general because they need to find one to replace Cross, and Allen is considered to be a Noah. They might also use Kanda to keep track of Allen for them since Allen's innocence was prophesied by Helveska to be the Destroyer of Time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    A random colored panel (warning: kinda disturbing)
    So the max number of Generals is 4 now, not 5?
    And how did Kanda hide himself being a critical point breaker when if one appear, the cube inside Hevlaska will react?
    What I think is that the process of synchronizing with innocense is very bit different than the typical perception of getting stronger via physical training. Synchronizing with innocence deals with the level of physical, mental and spiritual connectivity an exorcist has with his/her innocence. Therefore, like the process of noahfication (Tyki for example) it is possible for an exorcist to prohibit their synch with the innocence by not fully accepting the sole mission of the innocence entirely (like Kanda). Also remember that Kanda does not rely entirely on synchronizing with his innocence and instead utilizes the taboo seal's power to strengthen himself and mugen in exchange for his life force. Maybe Kanda purposely suppresses his synchro-rate in order not to be detected by Hevlaska. Maybe Hevlaska even suspects this but keeps quiet about it until an exorcist truly purges the critical mark.

Nice colouring again by the way...
    Last edited by capricorn; December 08, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast