Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Favourite Black Order's General ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Black Order's General ?

general cross hes funny or sokaro

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Klaud543's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Cloud. Though lately I've been seeing her name as Klaud so that's what I've been calling her usually. I like her being a woman and her monkey.
    "He who would spend each vital drop of blood for your sakes–who has no thought nor sense of joy, except as it is mirrored also in your dear countenances–who would fill the air with blessings and spend his life in serving you–he bids you weep–to shed countless tears; happy beyond his hopes, if thus inexorable fate be satisfied, and if the destruction pause before the peace of the grave have succeeded to your sad torments!"
    –original Frankenstein, Mary Shelly, last page of chapter 8

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ig4kLone's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt it would be Cross. XD
    Klaud somehow cool too.

there can be no triumph without loss, no victory without suffering , no freedom without sacrifice

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakamoto's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross and Cloud ;D Cloud is cool..Cross is funny and cunning !
    _/¯¯¯¯\_
    /_@___@_/=~
    ♥Visit my Deviantart ;D ♥.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner somehow_here's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't help, but agree with the majority. Cross is my favorite general. He is most interesting and mysterious out of all other generals. Not mention, none of generals has much attitude/guts as he has...really leaving all those bills for Allen/Black Order and hiding away from own organization takes a lot of balls...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LovingAngel's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross is the best!!! But I also like Cloud and Tiedoll)))

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Kanda Yu! XD Awesome fighting abilities imo. Love his character and his Anti-Akuma weapon; Mugen (what a name!). I'm sure Yu will one day find "that someone".

Oh yea and I love his nickname for Allen, beansprout! XD I find Bookman to be more scarier and frightening than those Akuma creatures haha. XD

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also have to say Cross just because he's so entangled with The Fourteenth, Earl, Mana, and Allen so mysteriously.

Cross's character is wonderful, in my opinion. He's brilliant in so many ways, but has some pretty substantial flaws and faults. He's the only one that can actually modify Akuma, yet he has a drinking problem that makes your alcoholic DAD look like an angel!

It's too bad that he's gone missing...
    And seeing as he's no longer synchronized with Judgement, I'm not feeling very much hope for his situation. ;_;

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

there still might be a chance that cross is still alive! the only thing is that he lost synchronization with his Innocence. this could simply mean that his innocence ditched him because cross's will to fight with exorcist has changed now that he knows the 14th is coming back and he wants to fight with him instead. oh and my favorite general is cross as well and i am in total denial that he is dead!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member clamche's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

General Cross. I like Tiedoll as well cause he's funny. Claud my third favorite. It fits her most to be a general than the others because she is serious and respectful.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I like all, but my favourite is Claud. She is nice, strong, cool, and she's got a monkey! 8D I wan't see her in manga, because we don't know her personality so much.

I'm not speak English very well, so sorry...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Silverwolf442's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

I would have to say, as I don't think I have posted here yet. My favorite character, and what really keeps me reading DGM is Cross Marian.

He's really a very deep and conflicted character. not to say others aren't. I think everyone in this manga is conflicted. But with Cross, it's more subtle, because it seems he tries to hide it, and by lots of fanon he's misunderstood, and many people hate him because they think he's just an a**hole, which I disagree with 100%.

A quote of mine from mangafox on why Cross is my fav. character.
    Quote Quote:
    I wrote an essay, regarding Cross. Through it, and really reading, I believe I have come to understand Cross' character a bit better.

Here are bits and pieces from my essay, I tried to make it short, just I just cut and pasted certain parts.

At first, I hated Cross. But, I can be a bit naive sometimes, thus I judged Cross with an overly critical eye. So, I had some resentment like with manga chapt.206 because of Cross' ultimate intentions of taking care of a caccoon (Allen), using for his boss' revival.

But, while he took care of him, and up until his disappearence, he did develope feelings for Allen, and he did feel a bit of guilt over the situation.

He knew Neah would be reborn. And to do such, sacrifcing someone was going to happen. I believe that regardless of whom Neah resided, Cross would feel bad, if it was a good person with friends, and a future taken from them. In this case, it's Allen.

So, I am starting to think Cross seems/acts so heartless, because he's so caring. If that makes sense.

One of his quotes, by Hoshino-san, has Cross saying

"Sake is the best medicine."

What is medicine? A cure for an ill feeling. But in Cross' case, it's not litteral illness, but mental. And given how much he drinks, he feels bad quite a bit. A heartless person can't feel bad, like Winters, for example.

The closest bonds Cross forms, aside from Allen, are with women.

I think Cross has gotten used to losing people, either through simple loss, such as Anita & her mother, or sacrifice, such as Allen, so now, it's just natural he go on and deal with it. If he loses a lover, or friend, while he'd be upset, he would move on, with some drinking, and women. That sounds bad, but it could also be a form of consolation. Through the lovers he has, or may get in the future, he's not totally alone, and it makes things somewhat easier for him.

Hoshino says he's a person with hardships. And I believe that's why he likes women so much. His character profile says he likes good women. I believe that's women like Anita, Lenalee, and Klaud, all of whom he's shown interest, who are cheerful and give off a positive air. Thus, it can lift his spirit a bit as well, as he can be happy for a while. Ironically, because he's so eager to get away from the war aspect of his life, he seeks out women.

But, he did, and does, still care about the lovers & friends, he lost. And because he cared, he tries to move on and heal the ache with new lovers, whom he'll come to care for.

When HQ was attacked, and Miranda held hostage, Cross showed hesitation for her. But, given the situation, they had to sacrifice her, or risk the lives of thousands more humans. So, again, he hardens his heart and pushes his feelings and doubts aside. So, while he decided on sacrifice, it wasn't his first options, and he didn't seem thrilled with the ultimate decision.

So, Cross is, in fact, NOT, as heartless as he tries to act. He has a heart. But when it starts to weigh on him, he forces himself to turn a blind eye.

I also interprate his line about laughing at Tiedoll differently.

Most say he said that because he cares for Allen. I don't think so. If that's the case, Cross looks down on, and makes fun of a man for caring about people. Makes Cross seem heartless, which he isn't, so I don't think he'd laugh at Tiedoll for caring.

So, I think he met he laughed at Tiedoll for being overly, and openly, affectionate. Like he tries to coddle his pupils. Then, he hugs Allen, or closest thing to a hug from Cross if you aren't a woman lol. So, he can't laugh, because he's doing it, and maybe even understands it's ok to openly show affection sometimes, especially in that instance where Cross could see Allen needed it, as he learns Mana may not have loved him. So, a small hug from Cross, so Allen can see at least Cross is there.

So, I think Cross is a very well developed character, and possibly the most conflicted in the manga. And I think, if the manga continues, and Hoshino doesn't get too ill to write, that Cross will be shown as a grand character. Because, clearly,there is much more to him that we have not seen. And Hoshino is hiding things with him. Like his age, and nationality, which she blatantly kept secret. And, his fate

I tend to like characters with inner demons, who aren't completely good, but not evil either. They make for the more interesting reads. And even though other, or all, other character in the manga are conflicted, with demons, Cross just pops out at me

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross since he really reminds me of jiraiya. Plus he has two of the coolest innocence.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5