Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 88 and 89 Discussion/Predicitions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 88 and 89 Discussion/Predicitions

Chapter 88 RAW
    Chapter 89 RAW

Spoiler: Summary, courtesy Phantron show

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 88 and 89 Discussion/Predicitions

Not very good at Predicting...
    Remembering back to the last 1st String challenges... I got Hara/Taira VS Momo wrong... Date/Ban VS Cabbage/Taka wrong... Niou VS Mutsu wrong...
    But the rest right at least.

But I'm gonna go with Kimijima/Tohno taking this one.
    In fact, my further prediction is 2-0, instead of 2 sets to one.

Since, we've already had a Non-Special Standard-Tennis man in Mouri.
    I doubt Kimijima is just another since I can't see what separates him from No.10 yet.
    (I mean how many can we get in the 1st String? I'm expecting Standard-Tennis men Akutsu and Shiraishi in it later too).

I reckon we will see Tohno eventually reach his No.1 Execution Method which like all his others will just simply be a shot aimed at the opponent.
    And something more from Kimijima. Since what I have seen from him thus far would lose to Ochi, and is no different from Mouri.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't see Tohno winning this personally. No matter how I slice it, someone with his personality doesn't seem like someone who'd be on the team in the end. As such I'm a bit disappointed that the contract already failed since it basically blocks any chances for Kimijima/Kite (which is the only alternative to Marui/Kite in my eyes).

I am expecting to see something good from Kimijima though as I said in the spoiler thread, and I'm wondering whether him telling Kite Tohno's weak spot (if it actually is one) will screw him over in the end.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, but I personally don't see this as the final Top 10 challenge.
    Kintaro, Yuki, Shiraishi, Fuji... None of them look like they will be appearing in this, but I genuinely see them as guys who could be in the Top 10.

Tohno is not someone who I expect in the end. In fact, I have never expected a single HSer to be in the Final Top 20.
    (Which might be a little out there).

But Marui/Kite being Nos. 7&8 in the Nation is just difficult to believe, so I don't see them winning either. Meaning they are ahead of Kintaro, Yuki Atobe and Niou?
    Not seeing where Konomi is going with this Top10 list.
    Since guys individually strong like Ochi are just dispatched... I think there will be a good amount more to come for 1st String challenges.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh I dunno. I think we'll be stuck with these guys for a while at least... maybe shuffle one or two positions around, but nothing major (e.g. someone will probably replace Duke by the end and then you have the empty spots for 13, 16 and possibly 10 (depending on Niou's status)). I don't think we'll complete these matches just to get into the same thing again.

Also, as much as I'd like more HSers to stay, the only ones I can really see having a chance are Tokugawa, Irie, Oni, Ryoga and Tanegashima. If the contract had actually worked out and Kimijima had stayed as well, I would have said that the majority of the 1-10 slots could have been HSers and the lower numbers MSers, but at the rate we're going that seems unlikely.

As for Marui/Kite... first of all comparing them to Yukimura and Kintarou in this situation is a bit iffy I think because the former is doubles whereas the latter are singles. As for Atobe/Niou, they should be stronger that Marui/Kite when synchro'd, but given that Niou might be injured, it could result in Atobe/??? which might be a weaker team.

Also good thing you're bringing Fuji up, I've been meaning to talk about this. At some point (either before or after the 9/10 match, too lazy to check), Duke makes a comment that "they are all middle schoolers", which could mean that it really is only them taking the challenge. If that's the case, how do you guys see the remaining singles matches (Byoudouin, Tanegashima, Ryoga) play out, match-up wise? Ryoma and Sanada are basically set, but it would leave a third spot open (for e.g. Fuji). I guess my problem with that kind of setup would be that we can only have Tokugawa or Ryoga but not both, so I'm not the biggest fan of it personally.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I mentioned Shiraishi too.
    I'm surprised the Top 10 needs three Doubles teams. Surprised/Disappointed.

Yeah not this whole major process, but like you say shuffling positions around then. I don't think this Top 10 is set in stone. Or even this whole 1st String.
    I think Yanagi in No.17 is another one. Inui defeated the man that wiped the floor with Yanagi. I reckon Inui is gonna be in the 1st String somewhere.
    Kirihara, Kaidoh are two others hanging on the edge probably about to enter 1st String.

I can see Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Tanegashima and Ryoga staying in the 1st String somehow, but I can see them not in Top 10.

As for Fuji, I miss matches when Fuji plays somebody his tier or better. I don't see him appearing just yet.
    So far, Niou, Atobe, Marui and Kite were hinted. Fuji would be a bit random just yet. Maybe later.
    I see Sanada beating Tanegashima as just an obvious one to come.

Here's my theory. Tokugawa gets his re-match. Loses. Ryoma replaces him. Ryoga takes on some other MSer.
    Fuji VS Duke in the long run isn't too out there at this stage.

And yeah, I think this is an MS-Only challenge.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Also, I reckon Niou will end up being fine and able to play.
    Niou has to be Top 10 no matter what. As he is the best Doubles Player in the series.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    LOL, I mentioned Shiraishi too.
    Toss him into the pool of people that could play in the remaining singles matches I guess? I seriously don't know what to do with him. On one hand, he should probably be part of the first string, on the other hand I have no idea how.

I'm surprised the Top 10 needs three Doubles teams. Surprised/Disappointed.
    I don't think it'd be much of a surprise really. For once the 11-20 also had three pairs, secondly the way the matches were displayed for a long time now is singles and doubles alternating. So unless you have 3 reserve singles in the top 10 (and why would you do that?), it seems logical that there would be 3 doubles.

Yeah not this whole major process, but like you say shuffling positions around then. I don't think this Top 10 is set in stone. Or even this whole 1st String.
    I think Yanagi in No.17 is another one. Inui defeated the man that wiped the floor with Yanagi. I reckon Inui is gonna be in the 1st String somewhere.
    Kirihara, Kaidoh are two others hanging on the edge probably about to enter 1st String.
    Eh I think the top 10 will be fairly set aside from possible injuries or someone (Duke) leaving on their own. I see the changes more in the bottom half, and I did indeed forget about Inui. Expecting him to take No. 17, also expecting Kaidou. Not sold on Kirihara.

As for Fuji, I miss matches when Fuji plays somebody his tier or better. I don't see him appearing just yet.
    Tanegashima would not fit that bill? But yeah, I guess Sanada is just kind of there for that spot.

Here's my theory. Tokugawa gets his re-match. Loses. Ryoma replaces him. Ryoga takes on some other MSer.
    I think it's too early for any MSer to be No. 1 just yet, especially Ryoma. Like when you compare it to PoT, he was never really better than Tezuka outside the end of the Sanada match and the very end of the series, so I'm kinda expecting a similar thing here.
    I'd see it as either Tokugawa or Ryoga taking Byoudouin down and I doubt that Ryoga will only destroy some random guy, seeing as people probably anticipate his match the most.

Really with the current developments I'm expecting Byoudouin vs Ryoga and Tokugawa vs Ryoma I guess.

Also, I reckon Niou will end up being fine and able to play.
    Niou has to be Top 10 no matter what. As he is the best Doubles Player in the series.
    I'm not really sold on that quite yet, but time will tell.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this begs the question... these are a G10 doubles pair. since person A hates playing with person b. this assumes they play as a doubles team before or often, not sure if forced into this position.. yet they are 1st string with no synchro?

can a synchro team beat a genius 10 doubles w/o synchro?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hard to believe the top 20 do not have challenge and shuffle matches to determine the correct ranking.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I find it hard to believe the top 20 do not have challenge and shuffle matches to determine the correct ranking.
    Then why do some players gave up their badges to get an higher one (like Niou did)?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I fully expect the old Genius 10 to replace most of 11-20, with exception of Yukimura, Kintarou, and Irie.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    can a synchro team beat a genius 10 doubles w/o synchro?
    I would guess not seeing as the Mutsus were only No. 15/16.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I would guess not seeing as the Mutsus were only No. 15/16.
    But Atobe/Niou with synchro defeated Ochi/Mouri without much problems, if they activated it earlier, the score would have been different.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    But Atobe/Niou with synchro defeated Ochi/Mouri without much problems, if they activated it earlier, the score would have been different.
    Just because one synchro pair won doesn't mean all synchro pairs would.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Looking back, I guess my post was badly worded.

"A synchro team can beat a G10 team without synchro, but a team will not necessarily beat a G10 team without synchro when using synchro."

Something like that should work better.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, the only pair that can't be defeated with Synchro of the G10 is Oni/Oomagari pair.

I know what you mean, I mean a pair with synchro of really high skill like Atobe/Niou, that doesn't mean other pairs with synchro would win, but if the two players are top tier and they have synchro, most likely yes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast