Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.54%
  • 2] Average

4 3.08%
  • 3] Good

26 20.00%
  • 4] Great

64 49.23%
  • 5] Epic

34 26.15%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 681 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 681 Discussion / 682 Predictions

what a shame: caesar is escaping,and monet has to defend him because otherwise doflamingo would kill her. well,at elast we are gonna see her power,I hope she is not stronger than cc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Szklak's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    there's a panel I don't get (it's where there's a crack or something there)
    It's Sanji's fibula being cracked by Vergo's kick. You can see Vergo's shoe.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mr.danly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oddlucks View Post
    Oops, I really hate this site, annoying watermarks are not enough for them yet but now
    Spoiler show
    mangapanda gets their scans out faster than practically anybody else, they can watermark their pages all they want imo haha.

Cool chapter, vergo is really freaking strong, fracturing sanji's femur with one kick?? Luffy up to his usual trickery, I can't figure out what that wall the harpy threw up was though. I'm assuming she's a mythical zoan, but why would she throw up a wall that looks like candle-wax (a la mr. 3)?
    Currently Following/Completed: One Piece, DGM, HxH, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Air Gear, Psyren, Fairy Tail, Bleach.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Szklak View Post
    Wow, and I thought that was Vergo, wow Oda is really detailed, that panel was inside his leg. I wonder if it will cause Sanji some damage during the fight, that is clearly a bit broken, though he is really strong and can handle it. It may come back to bite.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Szklak View Post
    Oh yeah yeah makes sense now, it showed the bones
    Thanks

Well, one kick and his bone is cracked, sure that Vergo is strong, makes me wonder about other VA as well
    Last edited by Zehahaha; September 11, 2012 at 07:11 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda disappointed of how weak Luffy still seems to be, CC should've been KO after the first hit, and that there was not so much story development. However, instead we got a plot twist, some info about Law's intentions and CC's, Monet's and Vergo's abilities so it's not that bad.
    Although it is not surprising to see something that impacts the whole NW finally the first significant steps toward a new world of OP are being taken. Though I wonder whether Law's plan to dethrone a Yonkou was a lie or not.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter!!! Loved it.

Is Monet using the Doru Doru no mi?!

The idea of the blue fire blade was pretty cool! The color and shape of a flame depends on the levels of oxigen. When it is well oxigenated it becames straight and blue. That sword is like a giant Bunsen burner. Oda is a genius! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunsen_burner Hope I'm not being captain obvious here)
    Last edited by Poisok2; September 11, 2012 at 07:45 AM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Regy's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm will Law betray Luffy...?! I sure hope not. Loved the fearless now can Ceaser stop delaying the onevitable and get captured already so the new world can be made into a mess...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't really know what to think about Luffy's strength. His attacks are connecting, CC looks hurt/in pain/scared shitless but after that he is perfectly fine with no visible injuries. CC has a tricky ability but physically he is not very strong (even weak maybe), so he should be knocked out instantly considering Luffy's incredible striking power. Now Monet enters the fray acting all cocky once more. Just when I was hoping Luffy would one-shot send her into oblivion they have a friendly chat... Luffy needs to have a real fight like vs Lucci or Moria, to see what he is capable of, his power now feels ridiculously inconsistent.

Vergo wouldn't have to rage on the last page about Law if he had something like, lets say Law's heart in his possession. He would be able to kill him instantly... Oh, wait... I guess author will make it so that Vergo 'forgot' about Law's heart, just how he forgot that he wasn't a swordsman. Quite the improbable outcome.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

On Monet's Devil Fruit:
    I don't have access to the raw chapter so I can't be certain, but I searched the translated name of Monet's attack in a Japanese dictionary and got this
    Quote Quote:
    かまくら mid-January festival in northern Japan, with snow huts in which children play house
    At first I thought that her DF was just a normal bird - there are birds that spit out a wax like thing to make nests, but after looking closely at the way she forms that wall thing(it looks like she secreted something from her wings) I can only think that she literally did a snow hut and is some kind of a mythical snow bird.

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Szklak's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. I wonder what exactly are the sounds in the 2 top panels (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/681/16 ), because it seems like Sanji got some insight into Vergo's power especially from hearing them (or seeing in what fashion he got his torso out of the wall).

Maybe Vergo is indeed an iron alloy man (since metal man would most likely be logia). He could transform into different alloys, maybe he mastered quenching and maybe, just maybe, he can walk through steel walls, what would explain how he didn't encounter Smoker and Luffy on his way to the g5 marines (or there was hidden passage/elevator, as it was discussed last week).

Ps. What do you think about my previous idea of a mythical zoan fruit, model: Icarus being responsible for Monet's power? Although she's got bird legs.. eh, I don't know.
    Last edited by Szklak; September 11, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Camm's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyable chapter things are going nicely. Sanji seems to be holding his own which I like but the situation and Vergo himself seems to be proof Sanji most likely won't finish the fight or get to. For one yes we (well most....Sanji fans) were all hyped for badass Sanji especially me but his body was injured versus CC and now Vergo's Tekkai? or his body of steel was strong enough to crack Sanji's shin. And the gas is now in the room with them so they might clash one or two more times with maybe a little more insight to Vergo's ability but I'll be surprised if we see a definate result between them. CC was bopped and ran lol being saved by his dependable assistant Monet with her weird powers. So now it looks like Monet and Luffy will clash a bit. A very interesting part of the chapter is Smoker. He left having a flashback of Law and his reaction was shown when Law's whereabouts were announced which seem to unsettle CC and Vergo. A crazy thought of Smoker ending up at Law's location crossed my mind man it would be interesting. On to another crazy part of the chapter, Law you cunning bastard what are you exactly up to. Vergo mentioned Law only teamed with the SH's to counterattack and that he joined the Shichibukai to gain access to this room so this "key" better be good. CC was confident that Law would betray Luffy I don't doubt he would put damn this soon hopefully not but man I can't wait.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm CC is really annoying with that oxygen thing of his tho, really a troublesome power to say the least
    Yeah, the oxygen thing is really a strong power.
    And I guess that rules out the "Law has Luffy's lungs" theory, which was so great.

Sanji vs Vergo : I think if the fight lasted longer, it would've ended in Vergo's victory I guess, although there's a panel I don't get (it's where there's a crack or something there)

Yeah, it took me some time to get it too.
    Because, i couldn't figure out who had black pants with white stripes!

It's actually a X-ray of Sanji's leg.
    You can see that one his bone broke under Vergo's hit.

Now, Law looks really suspicious in that last page... I don't think he'd betray Luffy now, but srsly, I could see him doing it somewhere in the future somehow, but whatever. I'm really curious about what's in that room... Something that would make a mess in the NW eh, sounds good to me
    Law is a good guy, I'm pretty sure of that.
    He's not really betraying the Strawhats, he's just using them to cause a diversion so that he can get what he needs.

I think that his plan is really to defeat one of the Yonkou.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt there'd be any long 1 on 1 fights this time. this last part of the arc's action packed. too much running against the gas though. so they have no time to fight against each other.

and now that the enemies know what law is scheming, the fights stop now and they will all go after him. chapter was good but so many cliffhangers in between.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Monet can change her form at will. That power makes her able to follow Law with out being noticed by him. She also can create strong walls which can be broken by normal pirates. The panel below, shows that her wings and possibly her full body is made of that kind of substance she uses to create the wall; and it seems to be a substance that can get hardened enought to build a rigid wall (broken by Luffy into sharp pieces), but also that can be very elastic. (plastic maybe?).

Is it a logia or a paramecia DF user? We still don't know. But, with regard to her usual form and the origin of her wings and talons, her transformation power makes it clear: she was introduced as Harpy Monet and used to have Harpy mode because she likes to be in harpy mode, and it would be pointless to ask Law to give her wings and talons having that kind of power.

Is she a powerful fighter? She is fast enought to block Luffy's jet gatling. She tells CC: "it is a pointless fight", with such a confidence... and tells Luffy: "I wont let you go after him" with such a confidence, and she gets it, (since CC is moving freely in the Lab some panels ahead). I presume she was in charge to guard CC because her astuteness and also because if CC would try something against Doflamingo's organization, she could control and beat him....
    Last edited by ukimix; September 11, 2012 at 09:28 AM.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast