Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.54%
  • 2] Average

4 3.08%
  • 3] Good

26 20.00%
  • 4] Great

64 49.23%
  • 5] Epic

34 26.15%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 681 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 681 Discussion / 682 Predictions

I feel that Law is not looking for a super weapon or anything, but it would be cool if their a strong person locked up in PH and everybody from Joker to Big Mam knows about this "dangerous person" also him being locked up, it would be a huge turn of events. It could be Kinemon's son, or the ice admiral himself. It could happen right? Law wanting to ask this person that could "shake up the new world" to join his crew.

If its not that then I think, it will be something about a switch to unfreeze the giant. And hopeful one of the giants was Momonosuke, and Kinemom knowing his son so well he will be able to figure out if that was him or not even if his face and voice different.
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Are you serious ? He was talking about Ceasar back then for fuck sake
    In page 15, he finally mentioned Law when he said " And finally, just a few months ago...... / Our second saviour arrived. // Trafalgar Law, who had become a member of the Shichibukai... / ...came to this island. // He took pity on me and my comrades who had lost our legs... / ...and used his ability to replace them with wonderful new legs!! // The legs of all kinds of different animals!! / We had long since given up all hope of ever walking again... The joy of it brought us all to tears!!! "

God damn it, you just picked up a unrelated sentence made by Brownbeard when he was talking about Ceasar while ignoring what he said in page 15 just to justify your point ?

This is the kind of things I hate the most
    i apologise, i misread it, that was my mistake

even so, I'll still argue that the word 'ability' is ambiguous

law's powers have not been shown to transfer control via proximity thus far, not explicitly

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Prediction: Sanji will escape of shinokuni using his superspeed, and shinokuni will cover the hall between A and B labs with Vergo inside of it. The door to B lab is closed and... after some moments quietness, Vergo enters B lab by broken the door.

Vergo is not affected by shinokuni (beacuse he is a cyborg and, as Franki, he can survive the gas).

---------- Post added September 14, 2012 at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was September 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

SAD must be:
    • something that it is produced (chapter 681 states that there is a S.A.D. production room)
    • something that could be stored and transported (chapter 672 states that there is S.A.D. tankers, i.e. ships for its transportation through the ocean)
    • something that in some sense is related to CC (chapter 681 states this connection when Monet figures out Law's plan / Notice in last page that third voice narrator lines give credit to what Monet says)
    Now, it makes perfect sense to think that this connection between CC and the production of S.A.D is just that CC is the only person able to produce S.A.D.

Law's plan consist in acting in someway over SAD production room and over CC. It makes perfect sense to think that this action is the stopping of S.A.D production at least for a very long time.

In addition, what Law is about to do -in S.A.D production room and kidnaping CC- whatever it be, will have the effect of messing up the New World.

So it makes sense to think that the New World stability depends of production and distribution of S.A.D.

But, ey, Law's plan relates in some way this messing up of the New World with taking down a Yonkou. Notice that his plan in fact is not a plan to messing up the New World, but to take down a Yonkou and, ultimately, to be able to advance towards Raftel and the One Piece with out being loyal to a Yonkou.

And the New World is an ocean ruled by Yonkous and divided between them.

So, it makes perfect sense to think that the stopping of S.A.D production is going to destabilize in some way a particular Yonkou, provoking some wild reaction of him/her.

But, taking in account what we know about Yonkous, none of them depends on or is stable because of the production of some kind of product... Really?... No no no, wait back. Big Mom kills entire islands when those ones fail their agreement of providing her with certain sweeties and candies rate (This, stated in FI arc).

And,... yes,... CC is an expert on manufacturing special candies with different effects (one for Smiley but some different ones for those kidnapped kids or for centaurs)

So, it makes sense to think that BM is the Yonkou targeted in Law's plan, and that S.A.D is some kind of special candy exclusively produced by CC and delivered to her by Doflamingo's organization.

Notice also that in the history of this passion Big Mom feels for candies, CC could have had an special role.
    Last edited by ukimix; September 14, 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

my prediction would be CEASAR vs. Smoker next.. i wonder what chopper will do with that broken bone of sanji.. i think tho sanji cud win that fight if it goes on.. but looks like vergo will go after law..
    Anyone wants to see Law vs Buggy?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

CCC,s script of chap 681:
    Source: APforums

Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i apologise, i misread it, that was my mistake

even so, I'll still argue that the word 'ability' is ambiguous

law's powers have not been shown to transfer control via proximity thus far, not explicitly
    So far, the word ability was always related to DF powers

" So you have an ability huh ? " " He have an ability ", how many times we heard these kind of sentences and discover afterwards they're about DF ? Many many times in this manga

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

vergo might have a df which enables him to be so hard,or he's using an advanced version of tekkai. or maybe he has both of them and is combining them.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    vergo might have a df which enables him to be so hard,or he's using an advanced version of tekkai. or maybe he has both of them and is combining them.
    I think it's simple actually: haki + tekkai= extremely hard body. The "regular" tekkai saved someone like Blueno from Sanji's kicks and we have seen how haki makes strenght/defense go up a lot.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner EToS's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    SAD must be:
    [...]
    So, it makes sense to think that BM is the Yonkou targeted in Law's plan, and that S.A.D is some kind of special candy exclusively produced by CC and delivered to her by Doflamingo's organization.

Notice also that in the history of this passion Big Mom feels for candies, CC could have had an special role.
    To all that I would add the fact that we've seen Pekoms and Tamago two times already among the "bystanders" to whom the show is broadcasted, and it most probably means that big mum's crew already made some business with Joker (like when you're added in the spamming list of an online store once you buy them something). That's the only representated emperor there (as far as we know), so possibly a hint from Oda.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Might it be possible that S.A.D. is the liquid that powers the Pacifista like Cola powers Franky?

The thought just came to me because of some coincidentally related things:

- how CC is interested in Franky's body
    - Doflamingo seems to know a lot about the pacifista and their operation
    - despite Doflamingo having World Government connections higher than the fleet admiral, he has placed Virgo inside the marines as a spy
    - Virgo was coincidentally traveling to Punk Hazard on a S.A.D. tanker
    - Law started his scheming right after the Marineford War where he saw the army of Pacifistas in action after having defeated one at Shabondy (and maybe getting the chance to operate and inspect it)

Considering that one of the greatest assets the Marines have in maintaining power while having moved their headquarters into the New World is probably the Pacifista, it would definately throw the New World into chaos if they lost that advantage suddenly causing one or more of the Yonkou to make a move. It would be much easier for Law to take down a Yonkou after another war like at marineford where Blackbeard went for the kill and took over after Whitebeard; or even just to use it as bait to lure the one he's aiming for.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    Might it be possible that S.A.D. is the liquid that powers the Pacifista like Cola powers Franky?

The thought just came to me because of some coincidentally related things:

- how CC is interested in Franky's body
    - Doflamingo seems to know a lot about the pacifista and their operation
    - despite Doflamingo having World Government connections higher than the fleet admiral, he has placed Virgo inside the marines as a spy
    - Virgo was coincidentally traveling to Punk Hazard on a S.A.D. tanker
    - Law started his scheming right after the Marineford War where he saw the army of Pacifistas in action after having defeated one at Shabondy (and maybe getting the chance to operate and inspect it)

Considering that one of the greatest assets the Marines have in maintaining power while having moved their headquarters into the New World is probably the Pacifista, it would definately throw the New World into chaos if they lost that advantage suddenly causing one or more of the Yonkou to make a move. It would be much easier for Law to take down a Yonkou after another war like at marineford where Blackbeard went for the kill and took over after Whitebeard; or even just to use it as bait to lure the one he's aiming for.
    ...So basically, The marines losing one of their more promising channels of power makes one of the Yonkou weaker and vulnerable to Law's plans...how exactly do you see this working?
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    ...So basically, The marines losing one of their more promising channels of power makes one of the Yonkou weaker and vulnerable to Law's plans...how exactly do you see this working?
    I'm sorry for the confusing statement . I meant that losing the Pacifista would leave the World Government vulnerable to attack in the New World and cause a Yonkou to make a move to take advantage of the situation like Kaidou did when Whitebeard was moving to rescue Ace. Since the Marines moved their headquarters to the New World, destabilizing the Marines' power would also throw the New World into chaos.

It was a different possibility I was saying if Law is using this (a predicted Yonkou move to attack the Marines) to lure them into a trap. This may be more probable since Law specifically said he wanted to take one of the Yonkou out.

Anyways this is still a long shot as far as predictions go. I don't expect things to get this convoluted, but you never know with One Piece.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for the confusing statement . I meant that losing the Pacifista would leave the World Government vulnerable to attack in the New World and cause a Yonkou to make a move to take advantage of the situation like Kaidou did when Whitebeard was moving to rescue Ace. Since the Marines moved their headquarters to the New World, destabilizing the Marines' power would also throw the New World into chaos.

It was a different possibility I was saying if Law is using this (a predicted Yonkou move to attack the Marines) to lure them into a trap. This may be more probable since Law specifically said he wanted to take one of the Yonkou out.

Anyways this is still a long shot as far as predictions go. I don't expect things to get this convoluted, but you never know with One Piece.
    Remember that CC's interest in Franky center's mainly on Vegapunk's Lasers which he apparently cannot reproduce on his own...If he doesn't know at least this much I find it implausible that he would be aware enough of the biotechnological functioning of a Pacifista to allow him to manufacture a component as crucial as the fluid that runs them....but as you pointed out this is one piece.all we can really do is wait and see
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to point out something
    Suppose that Kaidou's goal was indeed killing WB, why the fuck would he want to go to get him when he was going to Marinford with his whole allliance, and not come to get him instead when he was busy dealing with Marines at Marinford like BB did ?

If he truly wanted to kill him, he'd just wait for the guy to clash with the Marines, and then take him out, BB style
    And if he was confident enough into killing him without needing the Marines to weaken him, why didn't he do it sooner ? Why attack him when he was fully mobilized to fight ? It doesn't make sense

Even Crocodile was interested into going out from ID because the WB clash vs the Marines was UNIQUE occasion to kill him because WB was too strong to attempt to fight him without that

I'm more inclined to think that he wanted to stop WB from going to war because that would upset the balance rather than just killing WB

And just because he annhilated Moria's crew doesn't mean he's bad, Roger did the same to that army who insulted his crewmates and did the same thing to Squardo, does that make him an evil motherfucker ?

New Reply
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast