Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 371 Discussion/372 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 371 Discussion/372 Prediction Thread

I agree the whole thing these aliens were trying to prove was too cruel. Especially those deaths. After a reunion with those who meant something to Kei and Katou having them...melt right in front of everyone. While it was done off panel, I personally think that was probably one of the goriests deaths we have in awhile. They didn't just decapitate them or tear out their guts. No, their bodies melt into nothing but organs, bones, and blood. Definitely an abuse of power. So glad Kei is FINALLY taking action and I hope the rest of the Gantzers join in. Even if it means fighting 2 groups of aliens at once.
    As for the reactions....wow, I'm not a big visual arts person but Kei's reaction on page 21 was beautiful. That combination of sadness and rage was just perfect and it's the Kei I've wanted to see again for a long time. It looked so real.
    Anyway, while this chapter wasn't that productive, I think it's gonna lead to something next chapter.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good chapter, I can't see why some people are criticizing it :/. Also, I just realized that the acts of those two giants and the title of the chapter are proof that they're (the giants) a bit human too. Reviving someone, only to kill them, seems like something that (really cruel) humans would do.

And I'm glad Kuruno finally told Reika he loved her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 371 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianGantzer View Post
    You've said you're over Gantz since the Nuri arc. Lighten up! You only drop by every few months to rip on the story. Just stop complaining and let those that still like Gantz enjoy the ride. Seeing you actually leave would be more surprising than having Oku go somewhere with the plot.
    Welcome back, by the way.
    And to thing I used to defend your points and discuss things with you all the time, mostly from your side of the fence. How quickly we forget who our friends are, and if you recall I have said on and off for a while how im getting disappointed with gantz but this is the first time I said I was dropping it all together. Get your facts stright
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I thought you said you'd dropped it altogether, too

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KetchikanAKGantzer View Post
    And I'm glad Kuruno finally told Reika he loved her.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maby I did then. Idk I wouldn't have reposted it if I thought I said it before so im not attention whoring or trolling im not like that. I just felt I have the right to tell the people that I spent like 2 years discussing gantz with every single day that I felt it let me down. I mean when something you loved disappoints you this bad wouldn't you tell the people who you talked about it the most with? I dont have any RL friends that even know what gantz is. My 2 cents

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about it.

Anyway, I don't think this chapter was entirely useless. It's a big lead up to the final battle. The aliens are probably going to express their total dominance next chapter and send everybody on their way to the next task.

At least we're getting somewhere (slowly).

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoldier View Post
    Gants is so stupid now. It seems devoid of substance and lacks the pull that it once had. I really don't care at all about the author's philosophical viewpoints about life.
    Well, generally we can say that with these few chapters the: "humans are trash" argument seems like his philosophical point of view, but I think Oku is aiming towards making the "moral of the story" what Sakata said about reviving people. This is Gantz and it is fiction, though in real life reviving is out of reach for regular humans, so Oku might just be giving a commentary about how life IS special due to the fact that humans live once. Though in Gantz that is not the case, and that reviving might just be the downfall of the characters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

None of my RL friends know gantz so I waffle on to mum about GANTZ and Berserk and she thinks I'm morbid rofl....
    Hey I was happy when Vegeta got bought back to life after dying against a alien (These guys die to aliens and get revived too)
    But true what Sakata said had massive impact I think.
    Really I am so annoyed of the hax Tae chan so I would like Reika to be alive with Kei since Tae chan is and she had like 10 wtf should of died moments.....
    This was a great chapter like someone said it reminded them of the gantz of old. But I wish the fights were more humanoid aliens...prob cause like a fist to fist looks cool.
    @Gat-x252 I think soon they will get that mood to wipe all of earth....But seriously they go on about all this order crap of the universe and then do the human trash....really they're just like overpowered bad humans who have the arrogance to say we rule the word it bends to our Will blah blah blah blah, all are nothing compared to us. These aliens are kinda like hypocrites, maybe Kato will yell that to them XD Even though I never thought kato as a hypocrite even tough characters called him that..
    @Kozar, I thought you hated Reika man? Wouldn't you of enjoyed this chapter I understand how bad this arc has been but it looks like its getting good again. Say guys this arc was sort of good when Kei fought at the zoo and tokyo team fought in that ruins.
    Last edited by 102jayday; September 26, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Final boss of gantz?

beethoven

Who saw that coming? >____________________________>

Still, I pray that Kurono has to fight a giant body of Reika's and gets killed by it.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's what Oku wants in terms of a reaction... but that chapter really got me angry... FUMING!

But rage or no rage... I don't think the Gantzers stand a chance against the aliens that gave them their power. Much like the ant taking issue with the boot that squashes it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Katastrophe: almost every other chapter has been filler, we get new almost omnipotent aliens making intellectually shallow arguments and no one calling them on it (trying to kill them with a sword doesn't count), and the story lacks anything resembling a coherent direction.

Hiroya Oku needs to get off his ass and actually start trying again.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    @Kozar, I thought you hated Reika man? Wouldn't you of enjoyed this chapter I understand how bad this arc has been but it looks like its getting good again. Say guys this arc was sort of good when Kei fought at the zoo and tokyo team fought in that ruins.
    I do dislike Reika but her double death dosnt save this chapter. Where is this manga going any more? what happened to the vampires? And now to the katastrophy aliens? I just feel oku needs to finish this candy bar before opening another one. I mean its just bad story telling. where is the story going anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Since Katastrophe: almost every other chapter has been filler, we get new almost omnipotent aliens making intellectually shallow arguments and no one calling them on it (trying to kill them with a sword doesn't count), and the story lacks anything resembling a coherent direction.

Hiroya Oku needs to get off his ass and actually start trying again.
    Couldn't agree more. you nailed it. Especially the filler feeling. It really feels like filler. I dont care about how oku hates humans enough to make all his characters cry like babys because someone else views them as small little nothings. If someone made fun of you back in highschool idk about you but I never went home and cut myself. I laughed it off and talked to the people who did like me. Its just feels unrealistic.
    Last edited by Kozar927; September 26, 2012 at 04:04 PM.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda agree with saying it feels like filler because of all the crying and wasted pages on that. But these last few chapters have had their merits too albeit predictable I guessed last chapter.

"Pertaining to next chapter: YES they can copy a 'soul' too Reika (and others. Each person had a significant other being formed in front of them) will be seemingly brought back to life and appear to be just like she was before she died. And is then torn away just to prove a point. That life is much simpler than we thought and to the aliens our entire existence is something as simple as easy to assemble as a hammer is for us."

I think what Oku has done is amazing. First reading Gantz you get all mystified by this technology and the ramifications. But now its all explained and it was way simpler a matter than we first thought, just like technology and us. Humasn are just "things." It is also reinforced by bringing back characters from early on.

Everything looks less impressive when you have hindsight or information. Think of gravity, a simple concept once you can grasp it but extremely confusing if you cant see the big picture. Oku is making us step back and look at the big picture.

Prediction: That being said Kei will get swatted down like a fly.
    If that doesnt happen it will only be because the aliens are once again demonstrating how much better they are than us.
    Devour this Manga

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a story is kinda allowed to have several plot points at once. And it does not necessarily have to finish all of them to be good storytelling. Not to mention the last few chapters did kinda solve the question of just where the gant technology came from and who sent it which is a pretty big plot point. I don't honestly think the manga will ever address exactly what the deal with the vampires is. It hardly seems relevant to catastrophe which is basically where the story has been heading since the first chapter. Are there even any vampires left? i don't recall if the one that was a gantzter died.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Total useless chapter, oku has zero clue where he wants to go with this manga now and its painfully obvious. Im officially over gantz. maby when its over ill read the chapters from here on out for shits and giggles
    I'm pretty sure that's why most people still read it. Maybe not here, but generally most people I've seen tend to read Gantz for the comedy value.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast