Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Obito vs Madara

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obito vs Madara

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    That sounds like he was spamming Ninjutsu and Kenjutsu before using Genjutsu. He wasn't all Ninjutsu, it was one single Ninjutsu followed by blitzing fodders with Kenjutsu and seconds after that he used a Genjutsu. That's pretty much at the beginning of the fight, not even 10 seconds passed.

Not to mention that he doesn't even have a sword in this fight. Besides I doubt Madara charges directly at an Sharingan user and stays still while his opponent activates MS.

I never said that he had a sword in this fight. Also who said that he'd have to stay still? The rules state that Obito's ability to use his other eye is equal to that of Kakashi's. if we remember Kakashi warped a Missile, a Kunai, a Rasengan and a clone. All of which were in motion. Some, of significantly smaller size than others. So unless Madara starts off the bat with genjutsu, which he would not know to do, because of the fact that Obito himself is a Sharingan user, then he is definitely boned. We can also note from the fight itself that Madara scarcely used genjutsu. So it stands to reason that he would not just pop out with Genjutsu at the beginning of a fight like ltachi would.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; September 06, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Madaras speed is leagues above that kunai or missile, I think we can agree on that. The Rasengan (Naruto didn't even move fast, since he "jumped" over Gai) and the Clone (once more Naruto jumped at Obito, that was not so fast as well) were part of their plan.
    Not to mention that in all cases Kakashi never had to worry about incoming attacks or was directly attacked. He always had the luxury/advantage to fully concentrate solely on his Kamui.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madaras speed is leagues above that kunai or missile, I think we can agree on that. The Rasengan (Naruto didn't even move fast, since he "jumped" over Gai) and the Clone (once more Naruto jumped at Obito, that was not so fast as well) were part of their plan.
    Not to mention that in all cases Kakashi never had to worry about incoming attacks or was directly attacked. He always had the luxury/advantage to fully concentrate solely on his Kamui.
    Did I miss something? Can Madara move at the blink of an eye or something, because I don't recall that he's shown such a thing. I could be wrong of course, please correct me if so. Kakashi has also never had the luxury of not having to worry about being hit by his opponent due to intangibility, Obito has such a luxury. so that makes concentration a non-issue. There is also this. That counts for something given the fact that those things cannot be dodged unless you have a broken technique which allows you to do so. which accounts for the time that it would take for Obito to warp something.

May I also remind that this is all under the assumption that Obito needs to be tangible at all to warp things. If he does then it would only need to be that specific part of his face, and it's not like it would take him forever to warp something.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; September 06, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara wins in a matter of seconds.

He uses Mokuton to make the Zetsu parts of Obito's body sprout roots and strangle Obito to death.

:3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Madara wins in a matter of seconds.

He uses Mokuton to make the Zetsu parts of Obito's body sprout roots and strangle Obito to death.

:3
    I know you're joking, but they don't have intel on each other. So how would he no to do that?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its a draw with none of them being able to hit each other .madara cant touch obito for his intangibility ,obito cant reach madara for his complete susano'o and countless mokuton bunshins

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on who you think would be quicker in the fight. Would it be Madara, who didn't start the fight using Rinnegan or Mokuton? The latter when he felt like it, the former when he needed to. Or Obito, Who basically does nothing but spam Kamui? I think Madara would need just cause to activate Susanoo. The fight could end before he is given a chance to see a reason to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi/Obito still has to breath right? If not then its a stalemate until one of them runs out of chakra.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While intangible his body is in the other dimension, so it stands to reason that he would also breath the air from the other dimension... and since he can move through walls or the ground it should be easy for him to get out of the area.

Or he can just use his Katon: Bakufū Ranbu to burn the pollen... or he just sucks them into his eye and farts them out into some far away corner of his dimension.

He certainly has ways to deal with the pollen.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then Tobi wins unless Madara shows something in the next few chapters to say otherwise. Madara doesn't have the skill set to beat tobi which is ironic considering he would stomp on Kakashi and Minato or anybody else in the manga for that matter. He has the same problem Naruto has; for all the power he has he still can't do a single thing with it. If you can't touch your opponent how can you beat them?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    that talentless buffoon just took on gai, kakashi, bijuu mode naruto and bee. Honestly until we see of a way madara can hit him obito wins. We already seen obito get amerasued and he brushed it off with few problems
    ummm, Madara did just fight 4 Kages by himself. And he was "dead". Plus, Obito's power is based on the founder, Madara himself. Who's to say Madara doesn't know the same jutsu that Obito relies too much on?.

Honestly, I think, Sasuke has more potential to surpass Madara. Hell, Itachi could've taken out Tobi / Obito if, he really, really wanted to.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    ummm, Madara did just fight 4 Kages by himself. And he was "dead". Plus, Obito's power is based on the founder, Madara himself. Who's to say Madara doesn't know the same jutsu that Obito relies too much on?.

Honestly, I think, Sasuke has more potential to surpass Madara. Hell, Itachi could've taken out Tobi / Obito if, he really, really wanted to.
    Until Madara shows that he can use kamui then there is no reason to believe he can do it. Madara has his own set of MS abilities and Kamui is not one of them. That ability belongs to Obito and kakashi by extension.

Sasuke has been said to have just as much potential as Madara; not more. The only thing that makes him potentially stronger is that he a main character. He might become stronger than the old Madara before he died but i doubt he will become stronger than the current Edo Madara.

Tobi would beat Itachi too seeing as how he doesn't have a way to kill Tobi either. The only arguement you could make is that he could use Tsukuyomi or Izanami on him but seeing as how Tobi knows Izanagi(so he likely knows about Izuami too), has controlled a perfect Jinjuriki(the mizukage), and made Kurama his bitch slave im going to say that Itachi Genjutsu-ing Tobi is a no no.

Tobi is just too hax at the moment.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post

This is all based on your personal opinion. Until Madara shows that he can activate all of the Mangekyo techniques shown thus far, he can't be given those abilities. And as far as who can take out Obito, again your personal opinion.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman
    I know you're joking, but they don't have intel on each other. So how would he no to do that?
    He wouldn't know TO do it. But I'm sure he can sense the Hashirama chakra within Obito's body/plant prosthetics because characters who can use mokuton can sense where their mokuton clones are. Obito may not be a mokuton clone, but he's got the same Hashirama chakra in his body needed to create said clones. If one can keep tabs on their clones over long distances then they should be able to sense other mokuton objects. IMO.

So joke or not, I think he can screw his body up with his ability to use mokuton. And I think he'd know immediately that he was made of plant goo thanks to his ability to sense Hashirama's chakra. I mean, how else do we think he found Obito on the battlefield to begin with? He either sensed the chakra from Bijuu Mode Naruto, or sensed the Hashirama DNA inside of Obito. Either way, if he has the ability to sense chakra ala Nagato thanks to his Rinnegan, then he should be able to differentiate chakras.

IMO.

So, all these hypotheticals aside, I'm giving it to Madara thanks to Moku Bunshin, his knockout pollen, and Juukai Kouton. Madara's got the chakra to make an army of Susanoo using clones, and though he doesn't know it, Obito can only use Kamui for 5 minutes straight. Anyone would come to the conclusion that outpacing his jutsu or overtaxing it is the way to go to hurt him. Madara coats the entire battlefield in a dense prison of gigantic roots before sinking inside of the roots to hide from Obito. Then? He makes 25 clones and hide about 3 or 4 inside of the roots in strategic locations. He watches his other clones fight Obito. After a while he figures out his weaknesses to Kamui and plans accordingly.

Perhaps he waits for Obito to grab a clone and warp it away, before he makes a root stab him through his back. Maybe he releases his spores to force Obito into trying to absorb the whole cloud into his alternate dimension so it doesn't down him... only to fire a Katon at the same time that ignites the fumes so that he CAN'T turn off Kamui's suction for fear of being burned to death. And his clones join in on the flame, making them bigger and bigger, staggering the steady burn so that either Kamui runs out and he gets burned up, or Kamui runs out and he uses Izanagi to survive the steady salvo of 25 giant Katon coming at him. There's also the possibility that he survives all these flames because Kamui doesn't run out and just gets a giant root shoved through is back while he's busy defending against these torrents of fire.

EDIT: You know, Uchiha Kaenjin would prevent this from happening... but alas, it only protects from directly in front, which makes the "surprise buttrape root" strategy still work. Especially since the fight will be taking place inside of a forest created by Madara, and he'll have eyes everywhere.

DOUBLE EDIT: Yeah, Madara wins. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Clone_Technique He sneaks a miniature Mokuton shard or seed or whatever into Obito's clothing so that when he goes intangible, the seed goes with him. Then, it transforms back into Madara and fucks his world up. He can't flee from the clone inside his dimension for fear of getting stomped by an army of Madara's on the outside. And before claiming the seed won't go with him, I'd love to hear an explanation as to why not. If his weapons and clothing can go with him, then the dirt on his shoes can too. I'll agree the seed would take a long time to return to true Madara size... but since he's trapped it won't matter.
    Last edited by ninjabot; September 07, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara cannot touch Tobi therefore Tobi wins. (applying the common forum logic)
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast