Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Sannin

11 61.11%
  • Team Kage

7 38.89%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Team Sannin vs Team Kage

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Sannin vs Team Kage

I can't belive nobody is debating around here anymore :P

Well here is a new battle.

We have the 3 sannin:

1- Tsunade - starts with her seal active (the regen one).
    2- JMan - starts in SM
    3- Orochimaru (fresh body).
    4- Naruto - SM ONLY! (i needed a 4'th :P). Naruto is limited to 10 clones. Naruto starts in SM.

Team Kage:

1- Raikage
    2- Gaara
    3- Mei
    4- Onoki

Fight takes place where the Sannin had that little fight. In this fight the Kages can't fly!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Sannin vs Team Kage

Kages take this with little effort.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Kages take this with little effort.
    Care to elaborate ? Not that I agree or disagree with you... But this is even worse than one liners if you ask me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say, if it was Just the Sannin then it would ultimately be a one sided fight, not without some injuries on the Kage side however, it wouldn't be over very fas, but it would essentially be 3 Kage level Ninja VS 4 Kage level Ninja.

Adding Naruto to the Mix more or less makes this an either way kind of battle, Sage Mode gives him some pretty Insane strength since he was able to fight Pain fairly well with Sage mode, Rikudo Mode would be better for fighting Raikage but SM has a lot of Strength so it would still be a very close fight.

Orochimaru would be the other Key here, he can take a beating and shrug it off like no one else, the Kages have some pretty insane Jutsu's but seeing the Sannin + Sage Naruto as a team would produce some very interesting counters to those Jutsu I imagine.

It really could go either way.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; June 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Care to elaborate ? Not that I agree or disagree with you... But this is even worse than one liners if you ask me.
    Making a post that has absolutely nothing to do with with the topic is worse. Gaara, Oonoki, and Raikage can beat anyone on the opposing team. Not much to be said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Making a post that has absolutely nothing to do with with the topic is worse. Gaara, Oonoki, and Raikage can beat anyone on the opposing team. Not much to be said.
    Again, elaborate more. There's much to be said here, much more than you think. On topics like these, you can't just say " X can beat Y, not much to be said " like that, this isn't chapter discussion or episode discussion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Again, elaborate more. There's much to be said here, much more than you think. On topics like these, you can't just say " X can beat Y, not much to be said " like that, this isn't chapter discussion or episode discussion.
    How about less focus on me, and more focus to the Topic/thread. Gaara crush with sand, Oonoki destroy with nukes, Raikage speed blitz lol... Let's hear your opinions about the topic lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

@prince sasuke: I would have to agree that you have to eloborate and cite clearer examples to your view. Even the ones you just mentioned are too generic or vague.

Gaara has creative use of his sand but can be evaded by someone who is faster than his sand or someone who can outright overpower the grip of the sand. Out of team sannin, you have tsunade who can use her chakra enhanced strength to punch through the sand should she or any of her teammates get surrounded by it. Naruto in sage mode has the added sensory and precision speed to evade majority of the sand techniques.

Oonoki is the most experienced out of everyone and has that dust technique that so far trumps everyone else's offensive jutsus. However, he is physically the weakest out of everyone simply for being so old. Any of the sannin or naruto could beat oonoki if they can get close enough for hand to hand combat. There is also a bit of prep time for oonoki to use that dust technique. If the other kages don't protect him, he's a sitting duck.

A/raikage is the fastest and best close combat fighter in team kage. he is direct but with the right provocation could lose his cool which would put him at a disadvantage if faced against two opponents coming at different sides (as long as he keeps his focus, he can handle being surrounded but if in a rage then he wont be able to react fast enough to deal with multiple attackers). If it was three to one, then it is more of a disadvantage to him. Let's not forget that orochimaru and his wierd body in body snake like ability, so even if raikage got a hit at orochimaru coming at him, orochi could still close in by shedding without missing a beat.

Mei... I dont know enough about her abilities based on what we've seen so far to really say anything about her. She's got that one jutsu but that's really all we've seen.

Tsunade has chakra enhanced strength which will put her right at the top among everyone in brute strength. She has also recently full displayed her regenerative technique so she could last the entire fight (assuming the fight doesnt become one of attrition). Then her healing ability so the rest of her team will be kept close to good condition. Her combat skills are nowhere near raikage and she can get reckless (as we've seen her do numerous times). She is not that fast either so a hit and run tactic on raikage's part will drain her (remember she can survive almost anything) and then she'd have to be completely obliterated with oonoki's jutsu (which I am pretty sure raikage could avoid at the last second)

Jiraiya is really smart for a fighter and he has a lot of chakra to dish out continuous jutsus. He has his summons and sage mode as well. I would say his fighting level is definitely better than tsunades but less than raikage.

**sorry, lunch break is over, gotta get back to work. Will finish my train of thought later
    Quidquid latet apparebit.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kages take this.

Ee would outspeed them all and with his lightning cloak, be nearly impossible to damage by anyone but Naruto, who likely would last very long with the other three Kages throwing techniques around. We've seen what Gaara can do with his sand and none of the Sannins would have an easy time dealing with his techniques, especially since one of them are real speedsters. Gaara is also smart enough to use his sand in unexpected ways, like coming up from the ground under. Even if he can't fly, he could still lift an enormous amount into the air to outright drop on the Sannins. Onoki would also be nearly impossible to handle, because there is no real defense against his Dust release. When pushed, the area that he can cover with it would be huge. He can also make an earth golem to fight on his behalf. And Mei, while not having a stellar showing, can hold her own with her big elemental attacks. She can also cover the field in mist to make it hard for the Sannins to counter the Kage's techniques. With her lava hot enough to damage even Susanoo riblets, they'll likely do enough damage to Orochimaru and Tsunade, even with their unique abilities.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I could honestly see this battle going either way. Gaara and Oonoki are the most problematic opponents among the Kages. Oonoki has ridiculous offensive capabilities while Gaara's defense remains one of the toughest in the manga. Team Sannin also has some contenders with a host of powerful abilities. Tsunade is a tank that probably isn't going to go down against anything short of a dust release technique. Orochimaru is another of the Sannin who is just ridiculously difficult to kill. Jiraiya has Ma & Pa and his SM abilities, while Naruto is Naruto.

Team Sannin's strategy is going to have to be to keep the pedal to the floor, keep it aggressive and not allow time for the Kages to come together to attack. Oonoki cannot be allowed to stay on the battlefield if the Sannin are going to take the win. I can see any number of ways to take him out, considering that the Kages are going to start the battle outnumbered when you count Naruto's clones. However, it has to be quick. The Sannin team does not have the offensive capabilities to overcome Gaara if he is allowed to create massive amounts of sand, if Oonoki remains among the living while Gaara has control over large amounts of sand the battle is over for the Sannin. A running around is also going to be somewhat problematic. And Mei's attacks can be deadly. But, they are less significant in the overall scheme of the battle. Through the aid of Naruto's clones I can see them taking the Kage's out, although they would likely sustain significant injuries and would have to be willing to take heavy risks. But Naruto has immense stamina, Orochimaru is nearly impossible to kill, and Tsunade is as mentioned not going down easily....so I can see them taking the win.

Team Kage's ideal strategy would be to limit Team Sannin's movements, and give themselves the opportunity to take them out. A's main purpose could be to flash around keeping Team Sannin in chaos, while Mei could aid in this. Her mist, I believe, would be insufficient offensively to take out some of Team Sannin. It could however serve as a deterrent. Gaara's would simply take the defensive, as usual, protecting his teammates with Oonoki being his main priority. If Gaara manages to create enough sand he could potentially enclose an entire area for Mei to release her mist upon Team Sannin or for Oonoki to simply dust release while he offers them protection. If the Kages are given time and allowed to work in tandem they would be favoured for the win.

I can see either team taking the win. The battle would likely be decided by what happens in its first few moments.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

Off work now...

If I had to choose a winner, I would say team sannin because they have experience working together as a team. They are moderately familiar with eachother's abilities and fighting style so they can jump into this battle with less "planning and communication". There are also 3 people on the sannin team that can take a beating like no other because of their innate skills or ability; naruto has kyuubi heal and his own endurance to hold out in any fight, orochimaru is the hardest to kill with his body and tsunade has her regenerative abilities.

Team kage have some real powerhouses: gaara with best defense, oonoki with strongest jutsu, raikage with best combat abilities, and I still dont know what to say about mei. Their skills however leave them rather vulnerable to certain types of attacks which can only be compensated with effective team work to cover eachother against attacks from the sannin team. All it would take is for the sannin team to focus their attacks on one kage at a time while they are not fully organized to counter or defend one another, then as each kage is taken down, it would become easier to pick at the other remaining kages. It would likely pan out with mei and raikage being the first two to be taken down then oonoki would be next since he will be the greater threat between himself and gaara and then it would leave gaara for last which they can just tire him out until he can't properly defend himself.
    Quidquid latet apparebit.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Teamwork-wise, I don't think the Kages would have much issue. As we've seen, they can work as a team without much preparation and have enough understanding to rely on each other. And defensively, their unique abilities likely wouldn't help much verses Dust release and lava/acid mist.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, finaly people are debating again around here .

Don't forget team Sannin has acces to some huge summons, all of them. If they can hold out till the frogs are ready to sing they would defenetly win.
    Ma and Pa are already there and Ma showed the ability to summon 3 HUGE frogs + Pa and Naruto. So imagine Ma + Pa summoning 6 huge frogs. Those would be good to buy time.

Orochimaru has also POISON(not sure if he can use that if he is not changing bodies) and Hydra mode. He can also get ripped to pieces and not be effected by it (aside from obvious chakra loss).

5 Naruto's clones with futon would be able to buy time vs Raikage. Then having the rest go after the others. Gaara's sand is not going to hold vs Utlimate rasengans, FRS and so on. Then we have JMan with huge AOE fire jutsus, A ton a huge summons and Bunta can shoot waterballs the size of houses and all they need is just to buy time till the genjutsu is ready and then JMan 1 shoots them all.

If Gaara does the sand avalance and its not coming from the sky JMan can summon his swamp to slow it down. Of coruse its not going to be that easy for Gaara to get that much sand as they are not in a sand desert.

The real problem i see for the Sannin is if the old man Kage jumps on Raikage's back.

Also don't forget the Kages can't fly. If that could do that they could just hold to the sky and nuke them

I think the fight is very balanced and not like someone else stated :P.
    Last edited by xXan; June 15, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The game winner, for this fight, is obviously Oonoki:
    even if the guy can't fly, he can spam Dust jutsus like no tomorrow, add the fact that they don't have a defense strong enough to withstand it ( maybe Oro's Rashomons? ) nor someone fast enough to blitz him, and they are basically easy-picking.
    For the rest, I can see Naruto dealing with A just fine like he did against his father, Jiraiya being able to do massive damage to Gaara ( remember? Sand is pretty weak to oil, and Jiraiya in SM can create a sea of it ) and Tsunade can engage Mei in close range, thus trying to limit her ninjutsu ( since they are in an open space, she wouldn't use Futton jutsus ).

So basically unless Oro stall for time against Oonoki, despite their efforts the Sannins would lose.
    If Oro manages to do the miracle, the Sannin would win their fights, and gang up on the old man. Spooky.

On a side note, Oro has ET Hashirama and Niidaime?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Ha, finaly people are debating again around here .

Don't forget team Sannin has acces to some huge summons, all of them. If they can hold out till the frogs are ready to sing they would defenetly win.
    Ma and Pa are already there and Ma showed the ability to summon 3 HUGE frogs + Pa and Naruto. So imagine Ma + Pa summoning 6 huge frogs. Those would be good to buy time.

Orochimaru has also POISON(not sure if he can use that if he is not changing bodies) and Hydra mode. He can also get ripped to pieces and not be effected by it (aside from obvious chakra loss).

5 Naruto's clones with futon would be able to buy time vs Raikage. Then having the rest go after the others. Gaara's sand is not going to hold vs Utlimate rasengans, FRS and so on. Then we have JMan with huge AOE fire jutsus, A ton a huge summons and Bunta can shoot waterballs the size of houses and all they need is just to buy time till the genjutsu is ready and then JMan 1 shoots them all.

If Gaara does the sand avalance and its not coming from the sky JMan can summon his swamp to slow it down. Of coruse its not going to be that easy for Gaara to get that much sand as they are not in a sand desert.

The real problem i see for the Sannin is if the old man Kage jumps on Raikage's back.

Also don't forget the Kages can't fly. If that could do that they could just hold to the sky and nuke them

I think the fight is very balanced and not like someone else stated :P.
    Summons are irrelevant against Oonoki ... sorry to dissapoint you but all you need is for Gaara and Oonoki fly high enough and then Oonoki dust releases their asses .... sorry but this is the deadliest jutsu we've seen so far - it can pierce through any defense
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast