Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanji

21 30.43%
  • Zoro

3 4.35%
  • Luffy

6 8.70%
  • Law

5 7.25%
  • Smoker

31 44.93%
  • Donflamingo

2 2.90%
  • Admiral or VA

0 0%
  • Other-Please Specify

1 1.45%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

We just saw the guy get kicked. Some are jumping to conclusions whereas I have my own opinion and I wanna see what everyone else thinks!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

Sanji is going to fight him and look good, Smoker is going to beat him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

smoker won't get to defeat vergo i feel

this could be the crocodile arc all over again, where he has to face the fact that luffy's going to be the one who's saving his ass

i have a feeling these will all add up and eventually smoker will see how luffy keeps doing his job for him and isn't bad at all

also i'm hoping sanji will shine

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

He has to get out of Punk Hazard, it can't be defeated already. A regroupe with Doflamingo along to talk with Mariejoa people about something underground will be the best, i think.

The battle will be interupted.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    He has to get out of Punk Hazard, it can't be defeated already. A regroupe with Doflamingo along to talk with Mariejoa people about something underground will be the best, i think.

The battle will be interupted.
    Alas, time is irrelevant. The answer may not pertain to this arc, but you can still theorize.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i have a feeling these will all add up and eventually smoker will see how luffy keeps doing his job for him and isn't bad at all
    Actually, I think Smoker never thought Luffy was bad (at least not since Alabasta), but rather he just wants to catch him because he escaped him in Loguetown. If you think about the vast difference of strenght between Smoker and an average East Blue Pirate, Luffy was probably the first pirate to ever escape him. As such, I don't think Smoker's goals will change at all after this arc.

Personally, I don't see Sanji winning against him. Not because I can say by fact that Vergo is stronger. However I think it wouldn't be fine storytelling if the fifth strongest good guy (as Luffy, Zorro, Law and Smoker are all stronger than Sanji) beats the strongest villain of this arc.

I think after Luffy and Smoker beat CC, they will see Vergo and Sanji fighting on the screen and will join the fight then. Vergo, being overpowered by mutiple enemies, will then make his escape (possibly with Monets help), and report things to Doflamingo.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i will be really fun when Sanji will get thrown to the Slime and become stone and then he will get out saying a woman's cry can even melt or cure a man on that situation (like when he saw Boa heheheheh)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Sanji fan...I would like him to see this through, however facts remain facts and a fact we are all aware of is that Vergo has Law's heart and that Law stated his intention to retrieve it once they entered the laboratory...also No matter how much I hear, it I refuse to believe Monet is an opponent worth Smoker's time....Smoker is simply there to retrieve his heart once Luffy is done taking out the trash...having done that he will probably go out to confront Vergo as well...I think Sanji is therefore there to play two roles....the first is to stall Vergo long enough to prevent Tashigi's death and the second is to engage him with Law in order for Law to retrieve his heart...Smoker will deal with the aftermath
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jado's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

No one.. it would be very disappointing if anyone took him down in this Arc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the current situation, I can believe Sanji winning the fight. Ideally I'd want Smoker to do it, but I still see Smoker as lacklustre (I just can't like the Moku-Moku no Mi) even though I know he's strong. It doesn't matter though, since at the moment he seems removed from the fight, being in another location that is cut off from Vergo's location.

I'd also prefer Law beating Vergo instead of Sanji, since Law has a history with him, was mistreated and looked-down upon by him, and Vergo has his heart. Still, Law is also moving forward and getting further away from Vergo's location. I don't really see any opponent left for Law to fight, unless he teams up with Luffy, which won't happen unless it looks like Luffy's going to lose.

Another interesting scenario to consider is if Vergo isn't beaten here and now, since it would hold a lot of potential to keep him around for longer and have a better fight later on. Vergo does seem like a strong and interesting character that shouldn't be used up too quickly.

How about this: right now Vergo and Sanji are fighting, and Sanji holds his own. They each get their shots in, but Sanji is stronger than Vergo anticipated, and he's getting more hurt that he expected. Something unforeseen happens, and the fight is postponed. Vergo gets away, leaving him unaccountable for the events that transpired on Punk Hazard. The only evidence of his involvement is the word of some pirates and criminals, and Smoker, Tashigi and the surviving G-5 marines. Maybe that's enough and Vergo goes underground, back to Doflamingo.

Later in the story Law and Vergo meet and fight, and again, Vergo was unprepared for Law's growth. Law holds his own, and I forgot to mention, during the fight with Sanji Law's heart is retrieved. So anyway, Law and Vergo fight, it's close and awesome. Don't know who wins, doesn't matter really, because this still isn't the end of Vergo. He survives, gets away whatever.

Now to the real thing. After the Law-Vergo fight, not necessarily a long time after, Smoker catches up with Vergo. It could be that Smoker was searching for him and following up on every lead likes he does with Luffy, or maybe he got tipped off, or it was luck, whatever, Smoker arrives, and he attempts to arrest Vergo. Vergo looks down on him, etc, but Smoker is strong. He's gotten a lot stronger than before, and is now amongst the seriously-strong Vice Admirals, but still below the strongest, Admiral-candidate Vice Admirals. He beats Vergo after an awesome and close battle.

I know, I'm like a greedy kid that wants to try every cake on the table because they all look so good.

TL/DR: Most likely, Vergo isn't finished off now. He and Sanij fight but he gets away and returns to Doflamingo. Later Smoker catches up to him and that's the final confrontation. Much later.
    Stand back, I'm going to try science

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker has a real grudge against him, I think he will get a chance to fight Vergo. Vergo kind of seems like Joker's equivalent of Mr. 3, defeated before the Strawhats face the rest of the organization. I'm not a big fan of manga arcs ending with a draw, I like villains escaping even less. Hopefully Vergo is defeated at Punk Hazard, especially if Oda does not plan on immediately beginning a Doflamingo arc.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think vergo will be at least exposed this arc. I would love to see sanji win against a VA but he has taken a significant amount of damage from before the fight. I think he would win if he was 100% but given the circumstances I doubt he will pull it off. Maybe if he gropes tashigi.....

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope sanji will defeat vergo because if he didnt win then there is a question what did sanji did in 2 years of training ???? i m not saying vergo is not powerful it just that after 2 years of training it's sanji's 2nd fight.in first fight J help him to defeat big baby and now its his chance to say he can defeat opponent in 1 vs 1 fight

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

sanji's injured and his leg's probably smarting and tender right now

it's the perfect chance to showcase COA haki imho

also with the billowing smoke, maybe a soru of sorts, and/or an air battle with another rokushiki user

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

No1 is going to defeat him, this guys is hard like a steal. it doesnt matter how much u hit him he will stand up again.

Well.... i can c clearly that sunji is faster than Vergo.

Vergo will escape...! Everyone will think smoker died..!!!. Sunji will run. Smoker will become Pirate hunter.
    One of these Must come TRUE(in red)
    Last edited by SHeeDeD; September 17, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast